Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Question

TheGambler_BR

Question

I have a "spare" potato. And I "need" to amass mastery so I can build my Ogris, at last. And I was wondering. Should I save that potato for the Ogris, so I can do it as soon as it's available, or should I use it on a weapon I know will be good later on (like Braton for example) and wait for a new potato alert/login reward?

7 answers to this question

As you are increasing your mastery and leveling weapons, you should be able to come across new potatoes in login rewards and alerts. However, if you do not wish to take the risk, then save it until you get another potato. Personally I always make sure I have at least 1 potato which I will save. If an alert comes and I successfully get it, then I will use it.

It isn't exactly spare, because it's my last one. haha

And I don't quite need to gain mastery. I just really really want to. 

And the braton in question is at level 12. Increasing it will make leveling it far faster (as I can fit more mods, and make it stronger, derp). But is it worth it?

It isn't exactly spare, because it's my last one. haha

And I don't quite need to gain mastery. I just really really want to. 

And the braton in question is at level 12. Increasing it will make leveling it far faster (as I can fit more mods, and make it stronger, derp). But is it worth it?

Then you could have just said that you only have one potato left, and want to get an Ogris but can't yet. No reason to be all hush about it. :/

IMHO Braton is a good overall weapon, potatoing it might help you when levelling some sidearms. Have a good weapon to fall back to and such.

If you want Ogris to kick even more &#! you should save up the potato for it. Although if there's a long way for mastery 6 there's a good chance you'll eventually get another potato from alerts.

I'm one quarters through from mastery 5 to 6. If I level all the stuff I have to 30, I'll reach Mastery 6 with a little spare mastery.

Some of those will be painful to level (Ignis, lookin' at you), so I was counting on something to ease me through until I get there.

I'm one quarters through from mastery 5 to 6. If I level all the stuff I have to 30, I'll reach Mastery 6 with a little spare mastery.

Some of those will be painful to level (Ignis, lookin' at you), so I was counting on something to ease me through until I get there.

Best way to level Ignis is doing defense missions with a full group (Io or Callisto in Jupiter) or if solo some low level infested exterminates. Ogris is a beast for defenses and a little tricker for everything else since you'll easily kill yourself with it. So if you plan playing lot of defense you should definitely potato Ogris.