Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My New Volt!

Winchester117

Ok I just got my Volt an hour ago and already gave him his Storm helmet. I am completely new to this frame. He is potatoed so that is already done. 

For all Volt players out there, can you give me advice on how to use him well? Weapons that are good with him and of course a good place to level him up quickly. I have no more platinum for affinity boosters so I have to do it the slow way.

Corpus defense for levels.

His first ability is great for stuns and to nail moas, second is great for infested (Since it gives a team melee buff) This is good for pretty much everything, cover and a massive damage buff and fourth is death to all things Corpus, relatively strong in a well lit room against Grineer and pretty much pointless against Infested

Weapons is your own preference, though throwing weapons don't work with his third.

As for mods - Stretch, continuity, flow, redirection and focus are good.

Edited by DecapitatingJim

1 important thing about him is that people will hate you for using speed in a gunfight. just pop it when you are gonna need the boost to extraction 

What he said, never use it in a gunfight, if you have to use it in combat, make sure it's in a situation where melee is viable and the team knows you're going to use it. I find it handy in Infested maps since it lets your team cut through the infested ranks like butter.

Your health is a little low compared to others, but your shields are decent.

Flow is a must; this frame eats energy.  Look for Focus and Stretch Mods to boost your damage and range.  A little Continuity to increase the duration of your Electric Shield and Overload won't hurt.  Some Streamline (if you can fit it) to save energy where you need it.

Equip an Energy Siphon aura to keep your energy up and give you more mod space.

Edited by Reithur

Volt is kinda weak now, I'd recommend you to not use him on non-corpus high level runs. To say about advantages - he's got fat shield (150) that is really helpful, and 1, 4 abilities make mince from all corpus troops. Other abilities is rather situational: 2 you need only for speedrun or melee massacre, good if you have Banshee with her silence or Trinity with her mass heal, you can combine it on your risk to run and cleave everithing you see. I disliked Electric Shield, cause it adds bonus damage to your shots, but makes aiming stoned lol so you can't really use it as advantage. Also this shield size is dissapointing.

Volt is kinda weak now, I'd recommend you to not use him on non-corpus high level runs. To say about advantages - he's got fat shield (150) that is really helpful, and 1, 4 abilities make mince from all corpus troops. Other abilities is rather situational: 2 you need only for speedrun or melee massacre, good if you have Banshee with her silence or Trinity with her mass heal, you can combine it on your risk to run and cleave everithing you see. I disliked Electric Shield, cause it adds bonus damage to your shots, but makes aiming stoned lol so you can't really use it as advantage. Also this shield size is dissapointing.

He may be weak but he's fun, and that alone makes him one of my all time fav. frames.

As a very wise man once said "Fun, remember that, fun, what we used to have before gaming felt like a second job?"

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Volt is well vs corpus, coz of his electric dmg spells.

Huge AoE, so bring Continuity / Stretch / Flow / Streamline / Focus if you have (also, Constitution helps, the NM Mod)

I jus his his 1,2 and 4 for defenses, for bosses the shield is nice too.

get to some lowbie planets and try him :)

He may be weak but he's fun, and that alone makes him one of my all time fav. frames.

As a very wise man once said "Fun, remember that, fun, what we used to have before gaming felt like a second job?"

I don't deny that, so he is still in my deck with catalyst waiting for rare jorneys.

m_20130726-hfz5-98kb.jpg

How my Volt is built.

I haven't upped Shield and Seed because I use Continuity for that, one mod upps both the abilities pretty damn well.

This build is great reference. If you feel that you need health or sprint speed swap out stretch only.