Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Mods...

Tatersail

I wonder if it could be possible to Forma mods

eg.

Take Streamline, fully leveled (30% less power cost) and "forma it"

Resetting it back to 5% empty but adding 1 more level up, letting you go to 35%? if you upgrade it 7 times

The insane mod cost would prevent mods like Hornet strike from going much past 16.

but would add more endgame Grind for those players who have nothing left to ... grind :)

Would you really put yourself though all that effort to get up to level 11 Serration/Hornet Strike etc? Its hard enough as it it and to add another level would just be insane.

Being able to forma other ones would still be decent idea, just as long as you have a warning so as you dont accidentally forma a level 10 or so mod that took you 5 mil and 50 pages worth of fusion mods to make.

If you apply laws of diminishing returns to the idea, ie: forma a maxed reach (3 ranks) and to get that extra bonus you need 4 ranks, then 5, 6, etc. this could be a really cool idea...

but i fear that it would be too powerful in the long run, when some players have played for a year and have crazy maxed out gear... 

but energy siphon +10 energy/sec is enticing...

but i fear that it would be too powerful in the long run, when some players have played for a year and have crazy maxed out gear... 

Well, if they've managed to butt their heads against the same wall for that long, I'd say they deserve being a little OP.

At the same time, some caps would be good to have.

I...  I actually kinda like this..  I like the crystallize idea more, but if that were to be thrown out the window, I'd take this.

Although I think doing so on skill mods would be unbalanced, rank 10 Molecular Prime: press 4 to nuke the galaxy.

I laughed way harder at that than I should have.