The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Builds Suggestions

Casardis

Question

Hi there. I've started using Saryn yesterday and I love her a lot, so I potato-ed her and almost maxed her rank now.

Right now, I'm unsure about certain mods to use. I feel that I should do my possible to increase my powers' effectiveness, so I slapped in these mods:

- Stretch (-- polarity)

- Flow

- Streamline (she's pretty energy intensive)

- Continuity (possibly replaced by Constitution if one day both effects work properly)

- Focus

However, doing so only leaves one space for a defensive mod, between Redirection, Vitality and Steel Fiber. I'm torn between which one I should use, or whether I should replace one of the above mods for a second defensive mod, in order to increase survivability.

Any suggestions? I'd like some that doesn't require Forma on an ability polarity, since, for now, I want to keep all of my 4 abilities, but I'll still be interested in you sharing them.

15 answers to this question

I find Saryn very good as well and these are the mods I use for her:

- Flow

- Continuity

- Streamline

- Focus

- Stretch

- Redirection

- Vitality

- Her 3 other powers: I got rid of contagion because I find it useless to be honest.

Infested:

Miasma/Contagion/Molt - Redirect/Steel Fiber/Flow/Vitality/Rage/Retribution/Focus

- Physique 

Did this for solo mobile infested nightmare defense. Kept using it for a day or so. Way fun though in the void I think you could drop Retribution for something else.. My Saryn has 2 Forma and a maxed Physique. I use all the points.

Edit: Just wanted to say she is a melee beast

Edited by CrownFire

You can either put Redirection on Saryn, since she already has high health or switch Flow or Streamline for Vitality. 

If you go for the latter one, then I would say Streamline.

IMO I would take out Contagion since it isnt all that great.

Edited by juel2910

Flow, Focus, Streamline, Stretch and Continuity definitely are must have mods for Saryn. I say go for Vitality as she is more of an HP based frame. I currently have this setup on mine but it required 3 formas.

Untitled_zpsa76f7657.jpg

Basically I just swap out venom, molt and contagion depending on the mission objective and type of enemies.

Edit: BTW I suggested vitality 'cause you can always have your sentinel restore your shields via the guardian sentinel ability.

Edited by mcryseria

Yeah, Contagion is a bit underwhelming right now, especially since it's restricted to the user (I love teamplay, so I love Rhino's Roar skill and Trinity in general). I thought of keeping a slot for it in case one day they change its utility to be for the whole team or something. I might just be too optimistic, but hey, look what happened to Rhino's skills! Still, direct damage isn't all that bad (since it's Poison).

Those are some nice builds. Most of them were kind of what I was going for if I stick to the mods I have currently, but the risky setup of CrownFire with Rage (forgot about the existence of such mod) sounds interesting as well, especially since I love going Melee.

Thanks for the great feedback so far, especially in such short time. I will look into it.

Edited by Casardis

I guess I should try hunting for Rage first and test that out!

But how does Rage fare in higher levels where enemies can almost instantly kill you? I'm asking this because she's my first "tank" Warframe; all others that I had before are warframes with either low armor, shields, or both. I feel that relying on rage for energy can be a bit painful.

This is without taking Nightmare Mode in consideration of course, since vamp-mode will give her infinite energy.

Edited by Casardis

For defense missions, if you have proper support with you (Frost and/or Vauban as needed) :

saryn_build1_zpsb236fc54.png

Miasma for low waves, Venom for higher waves.

Molt and Contagion for those situations when some enemy reached too near cryopod and needed to be killed instantly with using as little bullets as possible.

Weapons I use : Grakata and Afuris. Both have multishot, fire rate mod and puncture... for turning those 5 spores into hundreds of spores in a matter of seconds. They literally spray bullets all over the place puncturing the crap out of those spores. Note, most of your damage is comming from spores and not from bullets, so save THOSE bullets, you can run out of them pretty fast if you are not careful.

Gram : Great knockdown radius, great dps, easy to craft, stagger immunity. Use sundering strike + rending strike for HUGE amounts of armor pierce dmg, "melee charge" to add an extra oomph to your first jump strike knockdown, since you are using energy non stop.

Saryn is my favorite frame for Nightmare farming now, especially with the new conditions of no shields and energy drain.

Put on high level Vitality, Steel Fiber mods on her plus Rage, and coupled with her fast movement speed via the Hemlock helmet, makes Nightmares sort like Daydreams. :)

Saryn is my favorite frame for Nightmare farming now, especially with the new conditions of no shields and energy drain.

Put on high level Vitality, Steel Fiber mods on her plus Rage, and coupled with her fast movement speed via the Hemlock helmet, makes Nightmares sort like Daydreams. :)

I gotta try this someday.. when I finally get Rage :(

And I would LOVE a feature to setup some named layouts and be able to switch with a single click. Would hate to put on nightmare setup and defense setup back and forth...