Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Nightmare = ?

Lensman

So I have noticed a few new nightmare "modes".

1) Shields do NOT REGEN... Bug?

2) Shields start at 0... Bug?

3) Shields regen off and on during the level... Bug?

4) No mini map.

5) Super Power Drain

The only VIABLE frame with the Power Drain is NOVA, since her Orbs do not time out. Cast them, loose all of your energy.

PLUS (and this is sweet) getting Power Drain AND the UBER challenge... Really? That's going to be fun to get, the ONE time you manage to get 100 energy all at once and have to instantly blow it to complete the challege. YAY so fun. Come on man!

I can understand No Minimap. I actually LIKE this idea. However, that mode with a TIMER = FAIL.

Not to mention No-Minimap, 4 data terminals, secondary objective 4 data terminals, Timer = EPIC FAIL.

Also EPIC FAIL = no shield/shield regen with vampire :(((((

Is there a chance that a TIMER will not be included in the mix with a No minimap level? Same with No Shields+Vampire?

Basically it seems the new Nightmare Modes mandate a Perfect 0 damage/no abilities and/or stealth run. That's fine but you need better rewards to make the runs worth doing. More money/affinity maybe? Rare mods? Something because they are no longer fun. I enjoy a challenge, but not running missions where it makes you use a specific frame/skill set to complete.

:(

The new nightmare mode is a real nightmare, really for masochists.

Now, I know this challenge does appeal to players who do want a challenge, but this has been brought up MANY times: if you're going to put something like this in the game, please don't make it mandatory!

For example, I'm sure everyone went over to Everest on Earth to get some neurodes for that new gun. But what's this? It's nightmare mode today. Out of the 10 times I've run it, I've only managed to complete it once. Frankly, it's not fun, and more frustrating than anything, in a game that's to farming-intensive.

Please consider tweaking nightmare mode yet AGAIN.

So I have noticed a few new nightmare "modes".

1) Shields do NOT REGEN... Bug?

2) Shields start at 0... Bug?

3) Shields regen off and on during the level... Bug?

Is that for grineer and corpus maps too? So far I have only got that on infested and simply keeping my distance let me survive.

Is that for grineer and corpus maps too? So far I have only got that on infested and simply keeping my distance let me survive.

Yep, I have gotten it just now on Venus-Vesper (Corpus) and Earth-Mariana (Grineer) :( Died both times LOL

People right now are mostly preoccupied with that event, so this isn't getting nearly as much attention as it should!

I just tried Everest, I can deal with the lack of map or the no shields both are just too annoying. Triggering alert is a mission fail with grineer and corpus now, at least there is a use for stealth weapons -_-!

I didn't mind the old Nightmare mode (besides the obvious 'takeover' of a level it performed, and that still needs to be fixed) because it felt doable. The new version is far too difficult and any fun or challenge has been taken from it. I have played only one Nightmare mission since the change - it gave me and my ally no shields, energy drain, health drain, and low gravity. How on earth were we ever supposed to beat that?

Please return Nightmare mode to what it was - an additional challenge that felt rewarding and plausible, not just a 'throw everything at the player' masochistic excercise that has become impossible to enjoy.

Seriously. The power drain is especially ridiculous. You can't even cast anything more than 25 or 50(with continuity) tops since it drains all away before you can even pick up more orbs. They should definitely have made it optional before adding more things and letting them all stack!

I have been getting no shields, no map, and draining energy every damn time... just ONE of those is enough of a pain, but whoever decided to screw us over with all three or MORE need a good smack upside the head to knock the stupid outta 'em! If i have to deal with this, it should be optional, not every damn time i go to fight Hek! >=(

I liked how the update notes say "Increased difficulty of Nightmare Mode (just a little)"

Just a little, yeah, just like the Jolly Green Giant is just a little bit bigger than your average house cat. Just a little.

Well, if DE aimed to make it harder they succeeded...No power, no shields, with health ticking down, and the occasional lack of a mini map, kind of killed all the fun. I do agree it was a touch to easy before, but this is more aggravating then challenging.   

WAIT! i just thought of something.. now with powers being gone (drain on eng) that does not make the game harder (it does but heres why its wrong) u could have no focus no counity no powers on ur frame you could be almost new and still be as strong as other players.. you dont need those thing for nightmare because they are almost disabled.. so wtf! it makes very little since for higher level players to be worse and have no bonus effect from mods etc..

Well, I can't say I like this new change. I thought old nightmare was fun in it's own crazy, not-sure-if-bugged way but making me play with no shields or energy drain is just...not fun anymore. With energy drain you just take away our abilities, removing our options rather than making us use them to their full extent isn't fun. You want to encourage us to use our full arsenal effectively, not take away our tools to make it harder.

The frozen map event that halves shield and regen would have been a better addition than the "no shields ever" modifier that was added.