Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combat selection confirmation sound needed

Daggerchild

With Focus 2.0 I'm jumping in and out of my skin a lot, but also use 'press to select power' rather than 'press to use power' so I can cast and move, so I reselect before and after each change.

It's very very painfully obvious now that there are lots of times when you are, for whatever reason, forbidden from changing your power selection, or it just doesn't register. e.g. the operator mode transitions won't let you change anything until the animation stops, so I usually find myself jumping in and out of my skin several times in a row whereupon I have to stop, pound the key and watch bottom right, then continue.

Can we get a sharp *click* or other noise you can pick out in battlenoise when a selection change has actually been actioned. I can't look at bottom right lots on a big screen, and the four little dots by the cursor are cute, but swamped.

Wait wait wait.. You want to press 2 buttons to activate the operators?

You can use the scroll wheel to select the power and bind your "5" button to "Use selected ability if you want" , but I don't want this to be the default.

The only time I have issue with operator switching is in high latency situations. But other than that, its pretty smooth.

1 minute ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Wait wait wait.. You want to press 2 buttons to activate the operators?

You can use the scroll wheel to select the power and bind your "5" button to "Use selected ability if you want" , but I don't want this to be the default.

The only time I have issue with operator switching is in high latency situations. But other than that, its pretty smooth.

I'd like one for the operator - two for the others. Can't get that. Hell, I'd like the DIY keybind system from the original Counterstrike engine so I could just do it all myself, but I haven't seen controls done that well since Warcraft.

Scroll wheel already used for dodge and Use. Wheelpress is use-power. My wheel is waaaaaay too loose to trust for anything you don't want triggered twice - no way could I use it for accurate power selection. I want to know what power I have ready without looking at anything so I can muscle-memory sequences. A sound will help with that. 

Yes, if you don't do what I do you won't see what I see.