The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lighting Problem

DarkKitarist

So today I noticed that some textures are extremely dark to the point of them being black. I only notice this on two specific tilesets for now... The textures are there but the lighting is making them completely dark. You can see that if I shoot my gun the weapon muzzle flash makes the texture show up(Picture 2 and Picture 3). Same goes for the Grineer side door in the Invasion, where it's completely black on one side and super lit up on the other(Picture 4, and 5) I noticed that some textures in Cetus are also quite dark to the point of being black (Picture 6), but the textures themselves are there, just not lit up.  Eidolon itself is normal though. Also I think something is wrong with the baked shadow textures being turned up to 11, since the dynamic lighting from the gun muzzle flash works normally and lights up the actual texture.

Picture 1:

12uX4eZ.jpg

Picture 2:

mPljEGP.jpg

Picture 3:

MuVmBZE.jpg

Picture 4 (door):

Sxen0mZ.jpg

5RVVzQy.jpg

Picture 5(Lit door):

P5gtmhQ.jpg

Picture 6:

lHZfeFg.jpg

I've updated my drivers and then reverted my drivers and I'm 100% it's not a problem on my side because other games like Prey, Doom, PUBG and Killing floor 2 all work normally. Also with a GTX1080ti this shouldn't be happening :P I also tested this on low, mid, dx9, dx11 and dx10 and the textures aren't working as intended. I guess something wrong with the baked lighting? since the dynamic lighting from the muzzle flash works and lights up the texture?

EDIT 1: Most other planets and tile-sets have the correct lighting including Europa and Lua.

EDIT 2: Added more pictures to help finding the problem.

Edited by DarkKitarist
added info and pictures.