The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Graphics Crash and BSoD bug

Salenstormwing

Been having the same issue on my Asus rog g752. For the last month or so warframe keeps crashing to white screen then reboot on random missions. Sometimes it won't crash for days, sometimes it will crash 3 times in an evening. It only happens while playing wf.  Anyone has found any solution so far?

Almost the same problem here except mostly my PC hangs with disguasting sound and sometimes "screen freezes but game is still running".

I noticed that flash makes WF to crash more frequently. Plus in my case nvidia physix effects, media players (aimp, music bee, gom player, whatever) also increse crash frequency even if they playing music... so mb there is a chance that it's connected with audio :/

I tryed to catch the bug using WhoCrashed, but in this case windows doesn't create crash dump, no idea why, mb this crash is too strong :)

P.S. Got exactly the same crashes in spellforce 3.... i wonder... do these games have similarities in their engines?

Getting the same graphics freezing issue others have mentioned. I can still hear in-game sounds going and when I'm playing with buddies they can guide me while I'm flying blind but this has been stopping me from enjoying the game solo. Previously it was pretty random, but I've gotten it 5/5 times just hopping into Memphis on Phobos. I'd seen someone recommend disabling DX11 and when I did that I had about a week of no issues but now it's back with it still off. No issues in any other games, seems to be on Warframe's end.

Specs:

i7-7700k // 1080ti // 32gb 3000mhz ram

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem on my laptop. First I thought it might be due to my old graphics card (GT555m) and its just at some point too much (and if so, it would lag at most, and not die i gues..) But since you folks also have the issue with high-end graphic cards, the fault must be in the game.
I can also confirm, it happens on Warframe only, I could play any other game with same or higher demanding graphics than this just fine.

Description: Game freezes, my fan starts roaring up and stays at that, screen flickers 2-3 times, but i can still hear sounds and seemingly run around, shoot etc. for a few seconds. Then the Game crashes with Warframe giving me the option to send a report. My Laptop keeps working for about half a Minute and then it crashes with a bluescreen: Power_Driver_State_Failure - cause was the ntoskrnl.exe. If anyone can interpret dump files, I'll happily link them or something..
After reboot, fan stays on highspeed and only goes down after a complete shutdown and boot.
When the game freezes I see the intel graphics Icon appear on the list of my taskbar (is usually hidden) but i guess this might be due to nvidia crashing so intel becomes active again. - curiously it doesn't appear like that when I simply shut down the game. (or anytime when its switching graphics) it usually just stays hidden.

It seems to happen really randomly though. Sometimes I can play for hours and today for example, it crashed everytime after 2 mins in the mission. I was doing Index - public, that might be a cause, I didnt recently play this.

No problems on my Tower tho but I got a Radeon running there, might be an issue with Nvidia Cards? (unless I overlooked something in this thread.)

I got all my Graphic setting on low and turned of everything else anyway, since it wouldn't run without lag otherwise (lol) Also im playing windowed mode on lower resolution than my actual screen. (1366x768 instead of 1980x1080)

I tried a few older gpu drivers, both for intel and nvidia (including latest provided on asus site) and one of these even gave me a Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error (that was something new lol) Then I uninstalled with DDU and installed latest drivers for each card. For some reason, the latest intel driver affects Geforce Xperience app: its a blank black window, only showing the borders of the app properly. (I guess ill try rolling back to older intel drivers, so i can change settings in this app - or do you guys know a workaround?)

also disabled DirectX 11 and 10 now, didnt change anything. gonna try 32 bit (tho id like to keep at least a little bit of graphics and stick to 64.. -.-"), also I'll try deactivating multi-thread (though then my game might lag bc of high cpu usage)

Another Thing: I have the feeling it mostly happens when a lot of stuff is going on, mainly on public games. Which is why I tought my system might be the cause after all not being able to handle it. No idea.

Error Code from WF is: WAR-1573830

Edited by Raitoru
Added info