Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode Should Double Ability Cost

aTaVaX

At high levels, with maxed energy siphon with multiple players along with increased mana pools, increased energy efficiency, increased ability duration and increased range, spamming abilities has become way too easy. Instead of reducing their effectiveness against high level mobs or making it cost too much at lower levels of play, i think ability cost should be doubled in all nightmare modes to challenge players more with timing their abilities. 

Edited by aTaVaX

Increased energy costs would be an option for nightmare mode, but I think it should be one of the many added challenges nightmare mode can have and not going past 50% increase, as I think it should always be possible to use your ultimate, regardless of what mods you have equipped.

At high levels, with maxed energy siphon with multiple players along with increased mana pools, increased energy efficiency, increased ability duration and increased range, spamming abilities has become way too easy.

And what about those squads who don't have overly powerful equipment?

At high levels, with maxed energy siphon with multiple players along with increased mana pools, increased energy efficiency, increased ability duration and increased range, spamming abilities has become way too easy. Instead of reducing their effectiveness against high level mobs or making it cost too much at lower levels of play, i think ability cost should be doubled in all nightmare modes to challenge players more with timing their abilities. 

Are you high?

And what about those squads who don't have overly powerful equipment?

DE_Scott, if you're checking these threads:

While I like the thought of basically making the people who have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on the game go through hellish things in nightmare mode, if only because I really want them to just shut the hell up that content not designed for high level gear is easy, I think it might be best if you just stick to giving interesting mutations in nightmare mode like vampirisim, rather than try giving the players with maximum levelled gear a challenge, making nightmare mode unfun for everybody who doesn't have maximum levelled gear.

Alternatively, make a new mode called challenge mode and make that the mode you stick just the interesting mutations in, while nightmare mode becomes an optional toggle that keeps all the mutations that would be unfun for a lot of people.

Ok, nightmare mode.... i touched on how its easier and more effective to use abilities with a higher frequency at higher levels. A lot of the abilities are oh S#&$ buttons. Really more enemies, more damage from enemies, taking more damage to kill enemies, just means more reasons to use oh S#&$ buttons. Oh S#&$ buttons aren't difficult to use. So using oh S#&$ buttons are becoming easier and its more effective with mods, and then nightmare mode is giving you a reason to use them more often. Then nightmare mode is more built around a mechanic that is very easy, making nightmare mode very easy. I'm not saying make oh S#&$ buttons less effective or change them to not be oh S#&$ buttons, but for nightmare mode to actually be difficult you can't have people spamming oh S#&$ buttons, the frequency of the oh S#&$ button needs to be decreased in higher difficulty modes. if you got rid or decreased blue sphere drops, it would just make energy siphon mandatory. Instead of flat out nerfing the energy regen of energy siphon or the drop rate of blue spheres, just increase energy cost 50-100% for all abilities.. 

Edited by aTaVaX