Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Vasto Is A Tenno Weapon..

Dasmir

Techncally the Braton is corpus. It has corpus lettering on the side of it.

The Corpus are in the Top in weaponry Tech and they a have tons of orokin structures in their bases so is not a big surprise if the braton is a pirated orokin tech by the corpus.

Edited by Dasmir

so is not a big surprise if the braton is a pirated orokin tech by the corpus.

that's some mighty powerful Orokin tech there, lol. a gun that shoots the equivalent of 5.56x45mm, at a high rate of fire, with mediocre accuracy, and a higher than average magazine.

if that's what we should expect from Orokin tech o.0

maybe i'd rather build my own guns, lmao.

i thought Orokin tech was supposed to be from a forgotten race / age from some super advanced people and blah blah. the Braton is effectively an M16, so where's the 'super advanced'? ;)

Edited by taiiat

...you know primes are not limited to tenno weapons and that it could be quite a while before a prime version of it does come out right?

Actually they are because prime variants are just the original version of the tenno variant

that's some mighty powerful Orokin tech there, lol. a gun that shoots the equivalent of 5.56x45mm, at a high rate of fire, with mediocre accuracy, and a higher than average magazine.

i thought Orokin tech was supposed to be from a forgotten race / age from some super advanced people and blah blah. the Braton is effectively an M16, so where's the 'super advanced'? ;)

It just a teory, who knows when the corpus researched the braton and burston cuz now those weapons now are only for trading with the grienners.

and another teory without fundaments.

Primes are an insentive to not give a S#&$. I personally think primes should be a weapon skin that gives the additional benefits, or an upgrade that the regular version can go through. That would accomplish a few things;

• Wouldn't steer people away from regular weapons, they would see more wide use.

• Would give reason to potato/forma the regular version, seeing as how the Prime quality would just act as another upgrade. (They would retain their polarities and mod capacity; maybe even throw in a polarity change alongside the Prime upgrade process?)

• Contribute to the games already deep weapon customization.

• All-around more convinient.

...you know primes are not limited to tenno weapons and that it could be quite a while before a prime version of it does come out right?

Actually, they are.  Primes were the original Orokin weapons.  The Tenno weapons are just the modern reconstructions of the original using what limited scraps we can piece together to give to the few Orokin Foundries that still stand.

When I said "tenno weapons" I'm talking about weapons made by the tenno, not just weapons that tenno use, the Braton and Bronco weapons for example are not tenno made weapons like the Paris or the Orthos, but all of those have prime versions.

Actually, they are.  Primes were the original Orokin weapons.  The Tenno weapons are just the modern reconstructions of the original using what limited scraps we can piece together to give to the few Orokin Foundries that still stand.

Technically, primes are not limited to anything since any non-prime weapon with a prime counterpart is just a modern reconstruction of the Orokin weapon so any Grineer or Corpus weapon could potentially have a prime counterpart since both those factions have access to Orokin tech.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Rhorge

Technically, primes are not limited to anything since any non-prime weapon is just a modern reconstruction of the Orokin weapon so any Grineer or Corpus weapon could potentially have a prime counterpart since both those factions have access to Orokin tech.

The research weapons wont have primes because the modern Tenno invented them, if any Grineer weapons get Primes it will likely be things like the Seer (Grineer-Orokin hybrids), and the Braton is a standard issue Tenno weapon. Edited by fishworshipper

The research weapons wont have primes because the modern Tenno invented them, if any Grineer weapons get Primes it will likely be things like the Seer (Grineer-Orokin hybrids), and the Braton is a standard issue Tenno weapon.

Braton is a Corpus weapon, as indicated by it's design and the Corpus writing on it. Tenno didn't make it for sure. If the Braton was based of a prime weapon, why can't, for example, Grakata or Gorgon? Currently every weapon could potentially have a prime.

Braton is a Corpus weapon, as indicated by it's design and the Corpus writing on it. Tenno didn't make it for sure. If the Braton was based of a prime weapon, why can't, for example, Grakata or Gorgon? Currently every weapon could potentially have a prime.

Your first point mainly just points out contradictions in the Braton's description, background and aesthetics.

I concede on your second point.

And for your third point, may I present to you:

The research weapons wont have primes because the modern Tenno invented them...

Yeah this is a bit of a problem. I think Primed variants should essentially be attainable by upgrading their normal versions or something. e.g. Priming a Braton. Rather than constructing the prime weapon itself, maybe construct a Prime Reactor.

I dunno grienners right now doesnt have any prime..

Your first point mainly just points out contradictions in the Braton's description, background and aesthetics.

The description says "favorite among Tenno", nothing about being made by the Tenno. My theory is that Tenno simply use the old Corpus rifles, replaced with the new Dera. I imagine that there would be tons of Bratons available for a low price.

As for the research weapons: other than the bio lab weapons, they clearly appear to be just the normal weapons of other factions, and you could still argue that the bio lab weapons are based on Orokin tech anyway (toxic ancients created by Orokin, *wink wink*).

Where does it say this is anywhere near the caliber of bullet the Braton fires?

It's not even an M16, it's something far more sub-par