Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Remodel.

Odeh

It's simple really.

Daggers/Shortswords:

Fast attack speeds (1.5+)

Low to mid base damage (15-30?)

Short range area of attack (Higher than hand to hand Melee weapons Shorter than a Longsword)

Highest base crit rate (10/20% chance to crit?)

(And a stabbing animation for the charge attack)

Highly effective against heavily armored (Which was added, sort of)

Reduced damage on sheilds (Corpus)

Normal damage on unarmored (Infected)

Longswords:

Mid range attack speed (1.5-) (Some swords can go higher, but to a point)

Mid to high base damage (25-40)

Mid to high range area of attack

Normal base crit rate (5-10%)

Normal Damage to all kinds of defences

Heavy weapons:

Slowest attack speed (1-)

Highest base damage (40+)

High range area of attack

Lowest base crit rate. (5%-)

(As, youre hitting a giant target with a giant hammer. Youll do a lot of damage regardless of where you hit them)

High sheild damage (Corpus)

Less effective on highly armored targets (Grineer)

Hand to hand/Unconventional Weapons:

Varying attack speeds

Varying base damage

Varying Range of attack (BO would have a long range of attack, while Furax would have the lowest)

Varying Crit rate

For example; You can swing a knife pretty fast, you can slip it between any kind of plate armor, and people survive stabbings.

It takes a little bit more power to swing a sword as long as your arm. You have to take a bit more time and finesse to hit the sweet spots. I think a giant cut through your abdomen is pretty damaging.

It takes a good amount of strength to pick up a sledgehammer. Unless a blow to a head, it isnt really a "critical," But since it is a large area getting hit, youre looking at a lot of internal bleeding and blunt force trauma. (Or a giant axe cut through you)

Also, Fencing swords/Rapiers.

Weeabs and edgy teen sythes aside.

Unless youre already working on a weapon rework like you did for frames.

(Additions and Tweeks thanks to Khodos)

Edited by Odeh

Daggers

highly effective against heavily armored targets, reduced damage on sheilds, regular damage on soft targets

shotswords/swords

moderatly effective against all enemies

Heavy Weapons,

highly affective agqianst sheilds and soft targets, less effective on highly armored targets

havnt used the Furax or the Bo so i cant comment on them

I personally prefer to keep daggers and short swords in the same kind of tier, but I can see having Shortswords their own kind of "Niche" with that addition.

I had completely forgot about BO, need to add that.

The ideas for daggers and swords are alright, but I don't like the idea of making all heavy weapons bad against armor. AFAIK, warhammers and maces were implimented because blunt force trauma is much better agaisnt metal armored targets than slicing is. It's really hard to slice through well made steel armor, but the blunt force from a hammer or mace is transmitted fairly well through the armor.

I like the current system where blunt weapons ignore armor and wouldn't want to see that changed. Implimenting a system where all weapons of a category have the same properties against defenses would be too restricing IMO. Why can't there be a dagger designed to rip and tear soft flesh, but at the cost of not being as easy to slip between plates of armor? The proposed system would also make the Frago identical to the Scindo in everything but cosmetics, and that's not cool. I like my giant axe and hammer being different and usefull in different situations.

The ideas for daggers and swords are alright, but I don't like the idea of making all heavy weapons bad against armor. AFAIK, warhammers and maces were implimented because blunt force trauma is much better agaisnt metal armored targets than slicing is. It's really hard to slice through well made steel armor, but the blunt force from a hammer or mace is transmitted fairly well through the armor.

I like the current system where blunt weapons ignore armor and wouldn't want to see that changed. Implimenting a system where all weapons of a category have the same properties against defenses would be too restricing IMO. Why can't there be a dagger designed to rip and tear soft flesh, but at the cost of not being as easy to slip between plates of armor? The proposed system would also make the Frago identical to the Scindo in everything but cosmetics, and that's not cool. I like my giant axe and hammer being different and usefull in different situations.

I agree, Frago would be great against Heavy armor, Scindo would be good against light armor, and various other heavy weapons would be between those and a sheild destroying heavy weapon (Plasma Great sword?).

And Im not saying "Stay within these parameters," Each weapon can do something special or something a "lower tier" weapon can do, like a insanely fast but not as strong as it's counterparts heavy weapon.

But it would be a better base than everything being a different skinned, sometimes different animated Skana. In terms of stats at least.

(Though, I understand armors and such)

if you guys make melee more effective and less effective on targets, it will make it much harder to people to solo a mission.

Well, no. You know it tells you who youre going to face in the mission, right?

Unless you just take the same weapon with +Elec and Fire damage against Grineer.

(Which is pretty dumb)

I switch weapons or just mods when I pick a mission.

Solo or not.

Edited by Odeh