Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plasmashotgun? Plasma Shotgun!

Sobezilla

ah, I am a bit new here on the forums, I think the idea of a plasma shotgun sounds amazing. Perhaps something that deals terrific amounts of damage, with a good sized clip (slightly larger than struns, but lower than boar or sobeks) with a longer reload time?

Alternatively, something that deals explosive damage (think duke nukem explosive shotgun shells) would be nice too! something that could create a sort of AOE effect upon hitting it's target? The drawback would obviously be that you can't run right through it like you usually do, but must stay at a medium range with it.

Acid shotgun? a shotgun that deals poison damage and shoots acidic projectiles? that'd be nice.

Also, rail shotgun anyone? something that could mow down enemies (passes through several enemies at once) but with a small spread.

Or maybe a mixture of all of these qualities for a super broken-op weapon that everyone can complain about!

I just thought I would throw these ideas out there, since I like to play my ASH as a tanky, teleporty shotgunner. I would love some lab shotguns!

Edited by aezeldafan

I would love a heavy-hitting close range plasma shotgun with a distinct charge sound and two barrels. Yes, it would totally be a plasma reskin of the DOOM 2 shotgun. Two shots, then a slow reload with a chargeup sound at the end. It should also have a special mod for it which would increase it's aperture, enabling you to mod just how much spread you'd like. In addition to that, it should also have an additional mod which controls it's effect on enemies, namely how much percentage you'd have of ragdolling an enemy at point blank range. (it shouldn't ragdoll enemies unless you're that close to them)

Yes, imagine running up to an ancient and unloading both barrels in it's face and ragdolling the sucker...

Edit:

The more I think about this, the cooler it sounds. And yes, sound, I'm thinking that it needs to have a powerful bassy sound which is mixed in with a distinct mid to high-end crackle.

Edited by Hap-muhr

The Flux Rifle feels and plays more or less like a (vidya)shotgun for me, so a Corpus shotgun. 

(Massive close range damage, completely worthless as long range)

I'm for this thread as long as what DE implements is really a new weapon, and not a cnp job stats-wise.

Edited by Webly

The flux rifle feels more like an  SMG, It doesn't have the range of an assault rifle but has the sustained fired of one. It really only feels like a unique weapon when you add a maximized metal auger, but that is expensive at 15 mod points.