Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rubicon Maru

IronWolfSaber

As a new player freshly completed Vor's Prize, The Lotus sends to investigate an active Orokin signal on an encrypted channel she detected.

You arrive in the quest instance on earth jungles and keep progressing through the stage with no enemies. Lotus will note the oddly abanoned base, while giving some exposition to the Orokin and the empire.

Once you arrive at the mission waypoint a large area at the base of Everest, backgrounded by a waterfall hosting an audience of balancing logs. Stone piled pillars, old cloth targets, and a striking log and bamboo shoots and a small looking Asian inspired stone looking house.

You will meet an at this time an Unknown Dax Soldier. Lotus warns you about the Dax and Teshin will understandably and should be able to kick the new player's posterior. But before he delivers the finishing blow he spares you.

"In rest and sleep, you have been unmade Tenno." (cut here for modularity) I am Teshin Dax, master of the waters you tread, if you wish to stay afloat then I will not deny you climbing out of the water and unto the mountain. (cut here again) Come with me and I will show you what you have unlearned."

If you managed to beat him (or be a ver on this quest for the first time) he will say "In your prime I would have been nothing but a blink of a memory obstructing your way. You have become addeled in your absense."

Lotus would then exposition once more on Teshin. Thought of him long dead, but an ally you can learn much from. Teshin will then acknowledge the Lotus with his distrust of her but relents that there is more to be gained working with her than apart.

Reload Room, Zone and quest now considered complete.

The grounds are now similar to Cephalon Simarius Mastery Rank Training room.

Teshin the centerpiece, when asked, will give hints to where the player needs to go next.

For example, Some items may have a context breadcrumb via Ordis and codex.

"Your journey is long, the cries of the innocent many, find peace amongst the star for them tenno." [clear your starmap hint]

"A final tower's light is overshadowed by an ancient threat, make your way to the Plains on earth Tenno." [POE hint]

"The Lotus has many secrets, but not even the deepest oceans of Uranus can hide them, unveil them if you dare." [Natah Hint]

"My curiosity and your wellbeing will never cross paths Tenno, do not dare follow." [War Within Hint]

"Look inside yourself, hone yourself, grind the gem within until yo gleam in perfection and continue to find the flaw to continue further." [grats you beat the game up to this point hint]

Around the room are then example by showing tutorials the player can contextually launch. Starting with the advanced movement tutorial.

Followed by Refresher of Vors Prize lessons. A hacking console of every type, Archwing. Damage Types. Scanning. Weapon types, Melee combos. Operator Combat, and anything else that requires work on the field to complete. Hell fishing and mining if needed. Anytime DE adds a new field system, they must simultaneously update this area with a new node.

This area will then continue to serve as the 'while you were gone' area. Some tutorials will be unlocked once the system has been unlocked otherwise they're fully accessible.

Anytime the player revisits the area they will instantly load into this room instead.

"In rest and sleep, you have been unmade Tenno. Come with me and I will show you what you have unlearned."

The Tutorial phases of each room SHOULD NOT BE VOICED step by step. There may be an intro to give you the gist of what you are there to learn but DE needs to utilize the floaty text in order to keep VO work down and allow reworks should the system change.

TLDR; Similar to Cephalon Simarus room a while you where gone tutorial room.

Also, Ordis needs his own interaction node on the ship to ask him on ship-based systems (foundry, mods, arsenal, relics ect ect)