Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion To Improve Vor

Destro6677

I've soloed Vor a few times and noticed that he is easily box/pillar camped.

I feel that giving Vor the ability to teleport into a player's face and start swinging his cronus would make it a more rewarding challenge rather than finding 5 or 6 places to hide in the boss room and sniping him from there.

He would taunt the player and then teleport in front of them if the player did not move for a certain amount of time or after his laser could no longer hit them.

To go with this, after he melee-teleports, he'd take a few swings at the player and roar in rage/spit insults for about 2-3 seconds if they stepped/ran out of range. This is to prevent him nuking new players with his laser as they run in the opposite direction. He could chase the player for a few seconds at a low speed, but not fast enough to keep up with any unmodded sprinting frame. After the 2-3 second break, he would resume his default behavior.

This would give some functionality to backflips/rolls and put more emphasis on remaining mobile.

Also, his mines should be slightly nerfed so that the first pair he throws out deactivate at least a second or two before the second pair. It is incredibly frustrating trying to get to a better vantage point only to be shot by the first pair before they expire and then have to deal with the second pair immediately after.

Edited by Destro6677

Well, backflips and combat manuvers should be covered in the tutorial at some point in future.

Remember old Vor, who would teleport behind you and could OHK? That was ridiculous.

Would my suggestion of periodic melee teleport be too hard for new players to overcome if he had proper delays and cooldowns?

Imo, the boss fights still rely a little too much on box-camping/facetanking with abilities.

Edited by Destro6677

No, the invincibility needs to go. It's a bad mechanic, plain and simple. It's a lazy way to force the players to spend more time fighting the boss, because DE can't be bothered to make bosses that are both challenging and engaging instead of slightly-larger-than-normal, differently-colored bullet sponges.

edit: well, I take that back, kind of. The updated Captain Vor is actually a step in the right direction, I think -- a boss that's truly threatening to lower-level players, that encourage you to think strategically to take him down instead of running up to him and killing him with a few spammed abilities. Still, imo Update 9 wasn't all good, because the Raptor is just another bullet-sponge with higher damage than most bosses. So the invulnerability works pretty well with Vor, but with the Raptor and Jackal for example, it's just tedious to put up with, because you're just sitting there shooting at it (under a snow globe or from outside the room, in the Raptor's case)

Edited by litlir

Actually the invincibility phase is more like bosses in all of gaming; allows for more varied combat, as the boss hides in their hole and lets minions take over momentarily. I think in each phase, more difficult enemies spawn as well if I'm not mistaken.

No, the invincibility needs to go. It's a bad mechanic, plain and simple. It's a lazy way to force the players to spend more time fighting the boss, because DE can't be bothered to make bosses that are both challenging and engaging instead of slightly-larger-than-normal, differently-colored bullet sponges.

edit: well, I take that back, kind of. The updated Captain Vor is actually a step in the right direction, I think -- a boss that's truly threatening to lower-level players, that encourage you to think strategically to take him down instead of running up to him and killing him with a few spammed abilities. Still, imo Update 9 wasn't all good, because the Raptor is just another bullet-sponge with higher damage than most bosses. So the invulnerability works pretty well with Vor, but with the Raptor and Jackal for example, it's just tedious to put up with, because you're just sitting there shooting at it (under a snow globe or from outside the room, in the Raptor's case)

Well, you can choose to make it tedious or you can choose to make it fun (don't play Frost against Raptor). 

It's a 'legal' exploit.

Raptor is also a better boss than many which came before him because he has the potential to actually kill you and there's a rhythm to his fighting style. Point at Vey Hek and Tyl Regor if you want to point at a bad boss.

Edited by Destro6677

I think there's a different problem entirely... Vor might be harder than Jackal which you would encounter next...

Jackal is more tedious, can't down you to save his life. Heck, I don't think Jackal can even damage you, save the mine droppers.

I think Jackal needs more work than Vor since Jackal is just plain tedious In comparison.

Back to Vor though. Another suggestion I would have to make towards Vor would be towards his invincibility/bubble phase.

He summons Grineers about the same level as those encountered in the mission itself... I'm thinking what if we reduced his invincibility/bubble phase to just once and have him summon Grineers scaled according to his level, which is in turn scaled towards the level of the Warframes he's encountering.

I think there's a different problem entirely... Vor might be harder than Jackal which you would encounter next...

Jackal is more tedious, can't down you to save his life. Heck, I don't think Jackal can even damage you, save the mine droppers.

I think Jackal needs more work than Vor since Jackal is just plain tedious In comparison.

Back to Vor though. Another suggestion I would have to make towards Vor would be towards his invincibility/bubble phase.

He summons Grineers about the same level as those encountered in the mission itself... I'm thinking what if we reduced his invincibility/bubble phase to just once and have him summon Grineers scaled according to his level, which is in turn scaled towards the level of the Warframes he's encountering.

Have you ever been hit by Jackal's grenades? Gotta love that one-shot special..

What about this?

Spraying Vor with damage reduces the duration of his bubble but he still gets 100% shields when he's done recharging. That way, players can choose between farming him ASAP or taking a breather.