Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only had an axe

Jeon-Rammbo

Question

I tried Conclave for the first time just to see.  When I got in game, my frame was different than what I had equipped and I only had a melee weapon (also different than what I had equipped).

I'm going to do some reading  and see if I can figure out what  happened.

5 answers to this question

Conclave arsenal is different from PvE arsenal, so if you want to customize your pvp gear, it can be done by clicking the "conclave arsenal" button at the bottom of the conclave mode selection screen; alternatively, you can go to your arsenal and click the "select mode" button and then press "conclave" in the pop up.

18 hours ago, Jeon-Rammbo said:

Thanks.  Is there a guide of sorts that will help me know what to expect going in?  I got killed almost instantly when I tried it.  Will Warframe powers, for example, work the same?  Like Volt's #4 to stun enemies etc?  Thanks!

Warframe abilities are tweaked in Conclave, so they may not have the same "strength" as in PvE. For example, Excalibur's Blinding Light lasts for a good while in PvE, whereas in PvE the stun duration doesn't last as long. The blind also works as a quick "flashbang" would (although not lasting as long) in Counter-Strike if you happen to get that reference, and so on.

Getting "oneshot" is actually just how it seems, but not entirely what's happening at most times, unless you're playing a squishy frame and someone is using lasers or Daikyu and get a direct headshot. What usually happens is that people simply land their shots in a fast sequence. There are players out there with pretty good aim. A huge part of Conclave, and Warframe in general, is the movement you have available to you. You should always utilize the movement to be as slippery as possible. Don't make yourself an easy target by staying grounded 24/7. A grounded target is the easiest kill in the universe in this game. But yeah in general, you die rather fast, and so you should, because hitting targets in this game can be pretty hard until you get used to it. It basically becomes a race between who has the better aim and movement. Predictions/reads is a huge part.

What people usually do, is that they combo their weapons and swap between them. One weapon to take out shields, and another to take out health. A generally balanced loadout is also decent in terms of having a primary that's about half and half, and a secondary for health. That way you can kill directly with your primary, and swap to secondary when your primary weapon has to reload. You swap weapons a lot in conclave due to all of this. It's better to swap to a secondary in a duel when your primary has to reload. Waiting for a reload could mean death.

There are conclave mods that helps you out too, such as holster mods, making drawing your secondary and primary weapon a lot faster, which again excels in comboing your primary and secondary. There are also holster mods that makes you reload 20% of your weapon while having it holstered etc.

Don't be discouraged if you die. Like any other game, it takes practice. Looking on youtube, joining the conclave discord, and asking questions like you did here will make you come a long way and speed up the process. But knowledge is one thing, another is practicing your mechanical gameplay. That's something no one can give you. So you'll need to give yourself time and polish your gameplay and slowly become better. :)

Personally I started playing almost a month ago, and I'm able to dance with some of the regulars that have been playing for a while, and some of them will absolutely destroy me. Practice, practice, practice. :)

Edited by Nixyen

On 11/7/2017 at 2:06 PM, Jeon-Rammbo said:

Thanks.  Is there a guide of sorts that will help me know what to expect going in?  I got killed almost instantly when I tried it.  Will Warframe powers, for example, work the same?  Like Volt's #4 to stun enemies etc?  Thanks!

Yeah, if you're truly interested in learning how do powers works here's a document explaining how all of them work, included Gara's ones. You can also join the Conclave community on discord for easier access to further advice. Welcome beforehand!