Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe concept - 'The Tinkerer' - Lemme know if you guys have any ideas

(PSN)PsychoKookaburra

K, so i had an idea, for a new warframe, Based around your weapons. I noticed how some warframe abilities are affected by one or more of your equped weapons (eg, Excaliber Exalted blade is affected by your equiped melee, Mesa's peacemaker ability is affected by her secondary weapon/s equiped). so i had an idea of somewhat taking that to an extreme level, and sort of flip it around, upside down.

NO STATS AS OF YET

End game warframe, NOT a low level grinder - So the concept is that if you were to, For example, Have a shotgun equiped, then the warframes first abilty sends out a small distance, sweeping sort of shockwave in in the directon your facing.

Abilities, in more detail

1st ability - Ballistic Link Affects primary weapons only (Ability is cast as if you were shooting the gun, is a duration ability/ or an energy per second, either one for balancing issues, so when you cast the ability is doest shoot out the energy but rather when you shoot your gun it fire out the ability for the duration of the ability of untill you run out of energy)

Affected by primary weapon equipped - also affected by the elements and damage types the weapon has, including mods obviously, Abilities are affected by ALL weapon stats, including mods

Shotgun - Low distance, widespread, shockwave, can hit multiple enemies at once, pulse of energy, that deals damage and sends small enemies flying and large enemies are knocked over. Has 70% status chance base and 20% crit chance base

Sniper - Very long distance, Narrow, High damage, has a charge up from when ability is activated to when it fires (Similar to the lanka, is not affected by casting speed mods), Has infinite punchthrough, Loses damage after each enemy/object it passes through, Has a 20% status chance base and a 80% crit chance base

Rifle - Medium to low distance, Medium damage, Fires a fast 10 round volley of energy projectiles (similar to panderos secondary fire mode), Has a 40% status Chance base and a 40% crit chance base

Other special primary weapons i have not used or tested and do not know how they work eg Panthera, I need your help in deciding, And lemme know if ive missed and other weapon catagories

2nd Ability - Pandemonic Prevail affects secondary weapons only (Ability is cast as if you were shooting the gun, is a duration ability/ or an energy per second, either one for balancing issues, so when you cast the ability is doest shoot out the energy but rather when you shoot your gun it fire out the ability for the duration of the ability of untill you run out of energy)

Affected by secondary weapon equipped - also affected by the elements and damage types the weapon has, including mods obviously, Abilities are affected by ALL weapon stats, including mods

This ones a hard one because there are so many different types of secondary weapons, Need your help

3rd Ability - Rending Cleave affects Melee weapons, (is also a duration/ energy per second ability that affects what your melee attack does) but works a bit differently to how ability 1 and 2 work, WIP, tell me your ideas and thoughts, they help alot!

Sword - has an affect similiar to exalted blade but at an incredibly shorter range, of about 1 or 2 meters, Deals high damage and has a punchthrough stat of 1.5, has a 50% status chance base and a 35% crit chance base

need ideas! Need your help! 

4th Ability - energy cost of 100 - Sorrounding Bane Affects all allies Regardless of range and is bassicly casting 1st, 2nd and 3rd on your allies, does not affect yourself, only 75% effectivness given to allies, so they do not recieve as much damage as you, (needs an augment that causes this ability to be a targetable ability that you can cast on a particular ally instead of everyone, still does the same thing and cannot be cast on yourself, but gives 100% effectivness and can only be cast on one ally at a time, also adds 50 energy cost regardless of efficency), is still a huge work in progress and will likely change entirely or be modified/altered drasticly, or be kept the same.

warframe stats coming soon!

Remember to let me know of any ideas you have and to help me out with 1st 2nd and 3rd abilities catagoies for weapon types and what they should do! Thank you!

This is interesting to say the least. I would say that you would have to set it up for weapon categories instead of specific weapons E.G Shotgun, Rifle, Pistol, Thrown, Sniper just like you did for the first ability. Secondly I would change the fourth ability around slightly in that the ability itself is a single ally target and the augment allows for all allies in affinity range. I would not set it for unlimited range as it seems there would be a lot of complaint about it being to OP. Otherwise I think you might have the makings for a solid concept here. hope this helps these are just my thoughts. 

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:01 PM, (PS4)Shinzo-Miramoto said:

This is interesting to say the least. I would say that you would have to set it up for weapon categories instead of specific weapons E.G Shotgun, Rifle, Pistol, Thrown, Sniper just like you did for the first ability. Secondly I would change the fourth ability around slightly in that the ability itself is a single ally target and the augment allows for all allies in affinity range. I would not set it for unlimited range as it seems there would be a lot of complaint about it being to OP. Otherwise I think you might have the makings for a solid concept here. hope this helps these are just my thoughts. 

thank, you, and i have got it set up for weapon catagories defenitly, 

thank you for giving me some possitive feed back, it helps alot