The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ran Out Of Inventory Space...

Lucilius

Question

So, should I buy inventory slots or just sell my old weapons? I doubt I'd ever use my skana again...

Oh, and if you sell a weapon you've been using, and you crafted the same exact weapon...would you retain your rank with it?

19 answers to this question

Sell your starting weapons once you've maxed them and gotten all the mastery XP from it. Weapon slots are definitely worth buying, as are Warframe slots. Up to you what you spend your plat on. If you buy or craft the same weapon (such as another Skana), it will be unranked.

So, should I buy inventory slots or just sell my old weapons? I doubt I'd ever use my skana again...

Oh, and if you sell a weapon you've been using, and you crafted the same exact weapon...would you retain your rank with it?

Selling isn't too bad if you don't plan on using weapons again, because you do not regain your rank with it when repurchasing, and retraining it after rebuying does not get you any more mastery.

Yes, your profile saves all your previously gained ranks on all items.

But you should sell items that you do not use anymore. Common sense, unless you can spend some dosh to buy some inventory slots.

Sell your starting weapons once you've maxed them and gotten all the mastery XP from it. Weapon slots are definitely worth buying, as are Warframe slots. Up to you what you spend your plat on. If you buy or craft the same weapon (such as another Skana), it will be unranked.

Selling isn't too bad if you don't plan on using weapons again, because you do not regain your rank with it when repurchasing, and retraining it after rebuying does not get you any more mastery.

I'm getting conflicting info here.

Do I retain rank with a weapon that I sold such that when I buy/craft that weapon again, it won't be unranked?

One says yes I retain the rank even if I sold said weapons, two says nay.

Sell your starting weapons once you've maxed them and gotten all the mastery XP from it...

Why would I want to keep on using my MK1-Braton and Skana and Lato when I have the Cronus and the Braton and a shotgun and several sidearms?

What is mastery XP? (Guess I should google it. Doing that now...)

My WarFrame is 30. I can't wait to get a new one. So far, I only have some Banshee stuff. Haven't gotten Rhino stuff from Jackal.

But what I truly want is a Volt and Saryn.

UPDATE: I just googled mastery rank...still foggy to me. Can anyone explain it better so that I would know if I should sell my MK1-Braton and Skana and Lato, all three NOT leveled up to max.

Edited by Lucilius

Just by inv slots. You will eventually have this problem again if you continue to just sell stuff. Wait until you get a plat discount.

I did get a 50% discount login reward. I better make it worhtwhile I guess.

Do I retain rank with a weapon that I sold such that when I buy/craft that weapon again, it won't be unranked?

Why would I want to keep on using my MK1-Braton and Skana when I have the Cronus and other rifles and a shotgun?

What is mastery XP? (Guess I should google it)

My WarFrame is 30. I can't wait to get a new one. So far, I only have some Banshee stuff. Haven't gotten Rhino stuff from Jackal.

Volt is too situational, get a Saryn. Her farts are a thing of legends. As for selling and rebuying weapons, their level is reset back to 0. They do not retain any levels, but you keep all mastery from it. Check the wiki for information on that. Edited by Feldgrep

Why would I want to keep on using my MK1-Braton and Skana and Lato when I have the Cronus and the Braton and a shotgun and several sidearms?

What is mastery XP? (Guess I should google it. Doing that now...)

UPDATE: I just googled mastery rank...still foggy to me. Can anyone explain it better so that I would know if I should sell my MK1-Braton and Skana and Lato, all three NOT leveled up to max.

You get mastery exp every time you level up your frame (200exp per level) or weapon (100exp per level). Once you hit level 30 you can't gain more mastery exp from that gear even if you forma it. When you get enough mastery exp you'll eventually get an opportunity to do a mastery rank test (by clicking your flashing profile thingy in the upper left corner) and if you succeed you'll get a rank up. Several weapons need a certain mastery level to aquire (like Kunai for lvl2, Hek for lvl4 and Ogris for lvl 6). If you fail your test you can retry it after 24h.

As for your MK-1 Braton and Skana you should rank them up to 30 before selling. Then you don't need to worry about the mastery exp from those anylonger.

As for your MK-1 Braton and Skana you should rank them up to 30 before selling. Then you don't need to worry about the mastery exp from those anylonger.

Uh, but what good is that if my Excaliber Frame is lvl 30? Should I just keep it for my second WarFrame?

To answer your questions, both. You should be selling weapons that you are 100% certain you'll have no interest in using again, but you should also be buying more slots, because there are a lot of awesome weapons.

Okay. Let me simplify.

You have your MK1 and you get it to level 10 then buy a Strun and sell the MK1. You earned 10x100 affinity towards mastery. Later you buy a MK1 and it starts at rank 0. From 0 to 10, you do not gain towards mastery. You then continue to 30, gaining 20x100 mastery for levels 11-30. You like using it so you use a forma and add a V-slot. The MK1 goes back to 0 and re-level it to 30, none of these levels count towards mastery rating.

You get 100 points toward mastery the first time you level a weapon. All new weapons built or bought start at 0.

That clear it up?

Okay, I think I got it.

Mastery rank is the actual level of my Tenno, the guy inside the WarFrame.

Mastery rank goes up as you level up your Affinity with your 3 weapons; Primary, Secondary, and Melee.

Mastery rank goes up 200 points every time you level up your WarFrame (up to level 30).

Mastery rank goes up 100 points every time you level up any one of your weapons.

Correct?

Now, one more question: Does Mastery Rank go up as you do missions? I'm guessing yes?

I would vote for buying slots as well if you can afford the plats. Weapons can change during upgrades. Just when we thought we are done with a certain "inferior" weapon, it could be buffed to god-tier in some update AFTER we sell it. Personally, except for a few early .... "mistakes", I now spend plats only on slots (and perhaps other stuff when my patience runs out some day... but I'm still good).

a rough estimate of 14 x 20 plats for frames totals to 280 plats. Assuming an basic founder of 370 plats (note that sometimes offers and deals could have a better rate), that leaves 90 plats for weapons = ~ 14 weapon slots (12 plat for 2 slots). So a basic founder should allow you to have place for all the frames + a number of weapons. If you do not want to keep all the frames, you can potentially have even more weapon slots. For people who are not interested in design council and such, a Hunter Founder (~1200 plats) will probably allow you to keep all frames/weapons provided that you resisted the temptation to spend plats on other stuff (though there is nothing wrong with it. ask yourself which one you are more short of: time or money). You'll also get a Excal Prime in the process (frankly speaking... not great. but then, it is theoretically "free" comes with a free slot).

Disclaimer: I am not trying to market for DE. Just recommendations from an average fellow gamer.

Not directly.  if you keep using level 30 weapons and frames, you won't earn more mastery through missions.  However, using new weapons and frames allows you to earn mastery via leveling those new things up.

Gggreat...

I would vote for buying slots as well if you can afford the plats. Weapons can change during upgrades. Just when we thought we are done with a certain "inferior" weapon, it could be buffed to god-tier in some update AFTER we sell it. Personally, except for a few early .... "mistakes", I now spend plats only on slots (and perhaps other stuff when my patience runs out some day... but I'm still good).

a rough estimate of 14 x 20 plats for frames totals to 280 plats. Assuming an basic founder of 370 plats (note that sometimes offers and deals could have a better rate), that leaves 90 plats for weapons = ~ 14 weapon slots (12 plat for 2 slots). So a basic founder should allow you to have place for all the frames + a number of weapons. If you do not want to keep all the frames, you can potentially have even more weapon slots. For people who are not interested in design council and such, a Hunter Founder (~1200 plats) will probably allow you to keep all frames/weapons provided that you resisted the temptation to spend plats on other stuff (though there is nothing wrong with it. ask yourself which one you are more short of: time or money). You'll also get a Excal Prime in the process (frankly speaking... not great. but then, it is theoretically "free" comes with a free slot).

Disclaimer: I am not trying to market for DE. Just recommendations from an average fellow gamer.

Yeah, I guess that's the best.

I shouldn't buy too much games...and now I am actually going to be buying "virtual" things. Yikes.