Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If The Way The Game Becomes Harder Is Enemies Do More Damage...

XCodes

...then it's time to give Loki meaningful Shields/HP. The only way to "guarantee" that Loki doesn't die, currently, is to stay invisible all the time. That's not really a feature of the frame, anymore, it just substitutes your Energy bar for your Life bar and makes every mission Vampire Mode.

Mods?

Mods build off of base stats.  Because Loki's base stats are so low, your Shields/Health/Armor will never reach any sort of respectable figure.  I haven't tested it, on account of it being completely ridiculous, but at current stats you pretty much need reasonably ranked Vitality, Steel Fiber, Redirection AND Constitution to survive getting knocked down in a relatively high-level mission (something in the 50's).  Also, without Vitality you will almost instantly die from full life if a level 50ish Toxic Ancient so much as walks past you.

I'm fine wtih Loki being fragile, but at current stats he can't take anything beyond low-level incidental damage without taking a dirt nap.

Radial Disarm large groups, Invisibility for large melee damage, and Decoy should be out CONSTANTLY. Keep moving, and use Switch Teleport to get yourself out of tight spots. Sounds like you aren't playing Loki right.

Sounds like you're playing against level 20's.  Either that or you have had the time to get mods that I don't.  Getting past Rank 5/6 Redirection is ridiculously time- and resource-intensive.  Not even buying fusion cores helps with that.

Edited by XCodes

Mods build off of base stats.  Because Loki's base stats are so low, your Shields/Health/Armor will never reach any sort of respectable figure.  I haven't tested it, on account of it being completely ridiculous, but at current stats you pretty much need reasonably ranked Vitality, Steel Fiber, Redirection AND Constitution to survive getting knocked down in a relatively high-level mission (something in the 50's).  Also, without Vitality you will almost instantly die from full life if a level 50ish Toxic Ancient so much as walks past you.

I'm fine wtih Loki being fragile, but at current stats he can't take anything beyond low-level incidental damage without taking a dirt nap.

Sounds like you're playing against level 20's.  Either that or you have had the time to get mods that I don't.  Getting past Rank 5/6 Redirection is ridiculously time- and resource-intensive.  Not even buying fusion cores helps with that.

I dont have that problem with my Loki. It all comes down to the way you play it. Try different approch when using Loki, more distraction....disarm enemies and use decoy.

I dont have that problem with my Loki. It all comes down to the way you play it. Try different approch when using Loki, more distraction....disarm enemies and use decoy.

Decoy is worthless.  If I kept it up all the time like you guys suggest, then just casting it, alone, would completely drain my energy because of how fast it dies vs. high-level Grineer.  Yes, I put it behind cover, in corners, around walls, doesn't matter.  One heavy gunner comes across it and it's dead in about the same time frame as it takes for me to use Invisibility.  Radial Disarm doesn't help that, either, because high-level melee attacks deal ridiculous melee damage.  If anything, Radial Disarm makes your Decoy die faster.

Well loki is a stealth frame... I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be hidden/invisible most of the time. He's not like Rhino or Saryn where you can just run into the middle of a bunch of enemies and kill everything.

Loki being a stealth frame is hardly a feature when he basically has to be invisible or dies.

Decoy is worthless.  If I kept it up all the time like you guys suggest, then just casting it, alone, would completely drain my energy because of how fast it dies vs. high-level Grineer.  Yes, I put it behind cover, in corners, around walls, doesn't matter.  One heavy gunner comes across it and it's dead in about the same time frame as it takes for me to use Invisibility.  Radial Disarm doesn't help that, either, because high-level melee attacks deal ridiculous melee damage.  If anything, Radial Disarm makes your Decoy die faster.

Keep in mind that you're faster than Grineer. Drop a decoy to help with aggro, use Disarm to force them to switch to melee, then shoot them as you prance about the far outskirts of their range with Loki's ridiculous speed.

EDIT: You seem very close minded. We're giving you suggestions here and you brush them off, saying that 'That's all fine and dandy, but worthless when you have to stay invisible all the time.' If staying invisible all the time is what you think you have to do, and it's working for you, by all means do it. But don't come to the forums asking for help and brushing off the help that's given.

Edited by Syllabea

Keep in mind that you're faster than Grineer. Drop a decoy to help with aggro, use Disarm to force them to switch to melee, then shoot them as you prance about the far outskirts of their range with Loki's ridiculous speed.

EDIT: You seem very close minded. We're giving you suggestions here and you brush them off, saying that 'That's all fine and dandy, but worthless when you have to stay invisible all the time.' If staying invisible all the time is what you think you have to do, and it's working for you, by all means do it. But don't come to the forums asking for help and brushing off the help that's given.

I'm not closed-minded.  I've done absolutely everything you guys are suggesting, and the result is the same: Loki dies.

The whole rotation of Decoy -> RD -> Kite is something I've done a lot.  All it takes is for a few rooms to drop less than 3 energy orbs and suddenly I'm out of Energy to continue using the combo.  At that point, my options are to find a place to hide, or get killed by the Grineer that come into the room while I'm sitting around with my thumb up my butt waiting for Energy Syphon.

I'm not closed-minded.  I've done absolutely everything you guys are suggesting, and the result is the same: Loki dies.

The whole rotation of Decoy -> RD -> Kite is something I've done a lot.  All it takes is for a few rooms to drop less than 3 energy orbs and suddenly I'm out of Energy to continue using the combo.  At that point, my options are to find a place to hide, or get killed by the Grineer that come into the room while I'm sitting around with my thumb up my butt waiting for Energy Syphon.

You could possibly take cover and not stand out in the open? Dart from cover to cover, taking shots when it's safe to do so. Use Flow and Energy Siphon and take your missions slower. There are a myriad of different things you could be doing. Don't ask DE to change their game because you can't use a particular frame effectively. If you're tired of Loki dying, go get another Frame. Rhino and Frost seem like the frames for you.

Nah, Loki is fine. He has a big energy pool, good initial energy and very fast speed. In addition, he doesn't need Forma to rebuild aura's polarity since his slot already got the right polarity. Which equals 14 points of free space without things like potato. And, when Streamline, Costitution and Contuinity will take their places, Loki will success in every part except Rescue missions.

You could possibly take cover and not stand out in the open? Dart from cover to cover, taking shots when it's safe to do so. Use Flow and Energy Siphon and take your missions slower. There are a myriad of different things you could be doing. Don't ask DE to change their game because you can't use a particular frame effectively. If you're tired of Loki dying, go get another Frame. Rhino and Frost seem like the frames for you.

You have no @(*()$ clue what frames are "for me."  You have absolutely no idea who I am or how I play.  Energy drops are 100% RNG.  Sometimes they're enough, sometimes they're not, and if the RNG decides that they're not, then Loki dies by fiat.  Not because he's a bad player or went too fast, but because he didn't decide to AFK at the start of a mission to fill up his 500 max energy so that he didn't have to worry about getting screwed.  The idea that Loki is fine in spite of some Sedna missions being able to burst him down in the time it takes him to pop invisiblity is ridiculous.

You have no @(*()$ clue what frames are "for me."  You have absolutely no idea who I am or how I play.  Energy drops are 100% RNG.  Sometimes they're enough, sometimes they're not, and if the RNG decides that they're not, then Loki dies by fiat.  Not because he's a bad player or went too fast, but because he didn't decide to AFK at the start of a mission to fill up his 500 max energy so that he didn't have to worry about getting screwed.  The idea that Loki is fine in spite of some Sedna missions being able to burst him down in the time it takes him to pop invisiblity is ridiculous.

I tried to help you, but i won't anymore. If you're tired of RNG then stop playing. If you aren't going to present your arguments in a dignified manner without resorting to name-calling, then no one is going to try to help you.

I wish you luck in all your future endeavors.

A Fellow Warframe Player,

Syllabea

Just use invisibility if your playing solo and rely on a good gun and some quick kills while invisible. Use decoy and rafial disarm when in a defence or with a team thats being overrun and switch teleport for getting up to hard to reach places.

Loki is by far my most played frame and sure it's a little weak, but if you want to be fast and more supportive then it's great.

Energy siphon with streamline and power duration will see that you have enough energy to be invisible 100% of the time.

I tried to help you, but i won't anymore. If you're tired of RNG then stop playing. If you aren't going to present your arguments in a dignified manner without resorting to name-calling, then no one is going to try to help you.

I wish you luck in all your future endeavors.

A Fellow Warframe Player,

Syllabea

When did I call you a name?  I've actually taken Loki and played him on level 40+ missions and fact is pretty simple, Decoy and Radial Disarm sharply decline in value and Invisibility becomes less a get-out-of-jail-free card and more a lifeline.  Furthermore, enemies in level 40+ areas are starting to include more diverse enemies that deal more damage, which makes Radial Disarm and Decoy even less useful.  If this is what's going to happen, then it's about time Loki gets pushed up to 100/100 base life/shields so that he can actually survive a stray sawblade from an Eviscerator.

Edited by XCodes

What's with all the topics lately about loki players complaining the game isn't made solely for loki?

Something has to fill the void left by the 500+ hour vets complaining about Mercury being too easy now that those guys have gotten what they wanted.

Edited by XCodes

Yeah, Xcodes, if playing a squishy 'frame isn't your thing and you're not good at keeping them alive, perhaps try not playing squishy 'frames. Plenty of long term Loki players, myself included have no problem keeping him alive without spamming invisibility. If you're having trouble playing the 'frame, maybe it isn't the 'frame for you.

I'm going to earn that 'name calling' post I got a while back, now.

You're all pathetic. I doubt any of you "long-term" Loki players actually uses the frame these days, especially not the missions I'm doing in places like Eris, Sedna, and Pluto. I doubt any of you actually solo these missions like I sometimes have to, either.  I hear about how great Loki is for farming resources, and then you realize that the hardest planet people farm for resources is what... MAYBE Uranus?  Probably just Saturn.  Maybe you also take him to Outer Terminus for the occasional HWD so you can spam Radial Disarm from behind an Iron Skinned Rhino that aggros so damn much that not even a decoy gets attention out there.  Yeah, Loki is plenty durable if the rest of your squad is drawing fire away from you.

Squishy doesn't even begin to describe Loki, anyway. I look at that ridiculous Essence Helm where Loki has no neck, and now it makes sense: Loki needs a head brace.  Without one to distribute the force, he'd snap his neck and kill himself if he happened to sneeze kinda hard.  Then he also needs a kleenex to blow his nose, after, because otherwise any sort of snot projectile could cause severe damage should it happen to strike him.  Then again, maybe at this point in the future Humanity has managed to cure the common cold.  Can't imagine Loki surviving if it was still around.