Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Plains of Eidolon are hard to play

wezling

On 12/12/2017 at 2:39 PM, FreeWilliam said:

1) A way to mine and fish WITHOUT being distracted by things to kill (This isn't 'I find it difficult' or 'I don't have Ivara', it's 'Even with Ivara, I'd rather kill than mine, and that's what this game has been rewarding')

2) A way to acquire the same materials during regular gameplay (I'd rather do a dozen top level missions than spend five minutes trying to fish)

3) A far better reward ratio when we do mine and fish (Worst solution, but maybe it'd work)

Quills standing is another issue...gah. I'm a melee fiend and that's just cruelty.

1) I can respect that, but then i think their aim is to give the players more to play with. In most cases those resources aren't required for anything other than non-critical components for the rest of the game (aka You don't NEED the amp or zaw, but it makes life bearable). I'm personally ok with having other sources of material farming when i want to get something. If you aren't then I'd say try to talk to DE about a resources for rep trade system. But I wouldn't expect anything more than resource for the blueprint cost of it.

2) Again, try to push for a trade system. ex: 1 murkray for 5000 standing. I don't think you'll get anything better.

3) I think the reward system is pretty ok actually. It's alot of decision balancing for resources. and farming time for 10k polymer is roughly the same for 30 fish or 200/20/4 specific gems (depending on rarity). If resources boosters applied that would be a good idea though.

4) As far a quill standing goes. Sorry but i think you're at a loss here. Just like some bosses (lephantis for example) melee is pretty much useless. I do think it would be nice if there was a melee weak boss for comparison...

10 hours ago, wezling said:

1) I can respect that, but then i think their aim is to give the players more to play with. In most cases those resources aren't required for anything other than non-critical components for the rest of the game (aka You don't NEED the amp or zaw, but it makes life bearable). I'm personally ok with having other sources of material farming when i want to get something. If you aren't then I'd say try to talk to DE about a resources for rep trade system. But I wouldn't expect anything more than resource for the blueprint cost of it.

2) Again, try to push for a trade system. ex: 1 murkray for 5000 standing. I don't think you'll get anything better.

3) I think the reward system is pretty ok actually. It's alot of decision balancing for resources. and farming time for 10k polymer is roughly the same for 30 fish or 200/20/4 specific gems (depending on rarity). If resources boosters applied that would be a good idea though.

4) As far a quill standing goes. Sorry but i think you're at a loss here. Just like some bosses (lephantis for example) melee is pretty much useless. I do think it would be nice if there was a melee weak boss for comparison...

Absolutely NOTHING about either PoE or Quills is ok. Rewards are garbage. Common mods, Kuva Scraps, flower parts and credit caches that won't pay a trade tax on a common mod? Worthless.

Free roam is literally pointless. No decent rewards.

People are FORCED to fish and mine in an action game. Neither is compelling game play. Mining is horrible, boring tine sink game play.

Quills are a circular waste of time. Grind Teralyst to grind Teralyst faster...no, thanks.

PoE is a mess. DE need to scrap the godawful bounty missions and put those Rewards out in the world. Get rid of Quills Rep and make Cetus Rep work for both. Grant Rep for enemies killed, camps cleared, etc in free roam. PoE right now is mostly wasted Dev time.

On 12/21/2017 at 12:10 AM, BlackCoMerc said:

People are FORCED to fish and mine in an action game. Neither is compelling game play. Mining is horrible, boring tine sink game play.

Quills are a circular waste of time. Grind Teralyst to grind Teralyst faster...no, thanks.

PoE is a mess. DE need to scrap the godawful bounty missions and put those Rewards out in the world. Get rid of Quills Rep and make Cetus Rep work for both. Grant Rep for enemies killed, camps cleared, etc in free roam. PoE right now is mostly wasted Dev time.

Actually I quite enjoy fishing ever once in awhile. And all things considered It's an inventive and fun take on mining. It's warframe attempt at implementing something of a profession system.

I think there's a reason for the divide between the two factions. The quills themselves are shrouded in mystery so there's alot of room for expanding on them. For now it's just limited.

I think the bounty system is actually good. It makes sense that they reward you for progressing their objective by giving you something they can give you. They don't really have an incentive for you to just run in willy nilly and killing random things and potentially letting targets escape and artifacts disappear.