The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unable To Shoot After Switching Guns

LifeNine

There is a bug that prevents you from shooting any of your weapons. This bug seems to happen when you empty the clip and switch guns right away. I happened to me three times when playing through Ara on Mars once.

To reproduce:

Fire a Latron into a Corpus Engineer (the big Corpus in a red suit) until it is empty, then switch to Lato pistol immediately.

These were the guns that I was using when this happened. It may have happened once when I was using the Mk1-Braton and the Lato, but that may have been some time ago so I am unsure.

I mentioned the Corpus Engineer because I think all three times this happened to me I was fighting one, and when I went to another map and tested this firing at a wall and at some Grineer on Mercury, the bug never occurred.

To fix it, all I had to do was use one of my skills. I don't know if pressing a skill button without the required energy will fix it since I could not reproduce it on the Grineers to test.

Things to note:

1) There should be no swapping weapons animation and the character should still be holding the Latron, but you cannot reload. Pressing "R" will not reload and it does not auto reload

2) The bottom right should show the information for the Lato pistol, but you cannot shoot

3) Pressing "F" will change the equipped weapon information, but the character doesn't switch weapons

4) You can't aim down sights or shoot, but you can still use your melee weapon

Hope this information helps. I don't want to be stuck in the middle of the stage without any guns. :(

Happened a lot to me. I usually switch back to previous weapon with empty clip and reload it.

That is 100% fix for this problem, because use of power or melee rarely works.

Probably lag or latency related bug, but very annoying.

Happened a lot to me. I usually switch back to previous weapon with empty clip and reload it.

That is 100% fix for this problem, because use of power or melee rarely works.

Probably lag or latency related bug, but very annoying.

The problem for me was that switching weapons or reloading did nothing. The only way to fix it was using an ability. Next time I'll try swtiching weapons and realoading again to make sure.

To update the information I provided above, the Corpus Engineer doesn't seem to be causing the problem. This also occurred to me when I was fighting an Acient Healer. It seems that shooting into anything with a lot of life can trigger this bug.

There was also a bug that is very similar to this that I ran into today. Instead of not being able to shoot, I was unable to melee. I didn't notice any patterns that triggerred this, and it somehow resolved itself in the same level as I continued to play.

I had this same issue just now. For me the weapon was Despair, and as soon as it hit zero I switched to Snipetron Vandal. I could see one knife just behind my head even when I switched to Snipetron. Switching weapons back didn't work, using powers didn't work, I think I had to do a jumping melee attack to fix it.

I was fighting Stalker, and could have taken him out. Dethcube tried his hardest (bless his little... well, he doesn't wear socks so Bless his little jets?) but Stalker got away. Curses!

I had this problem during an assassination alert when using my gorgon and my Kunai. I used my Kunai on the boss until the clip ran out and decided to switch to my Gorgon to finish. However, once I switched them I was unable to fire and since I had no energy for any powers (I was playing as Ash) I had to go and find another enemy to kill with melee (to get some energy). Unfortunately I ran into a Scorpion that pulled me over and double glitched me by making me unable to move.

So just to put this all into perspective. I couldn't fire my guns, I couldn't use any abilities, I couldn't move, I was out in the open AND I was not in range of anyone to use my Kogake on. Oh and also the boss was still alive.

In the end I was mowed down by a room full of level 50 elite lancers. So I had re-run the mission with Frost which I did actually complete. I hope that this issue can be fixed though because even though it doesn't happen all that often when it does it is annoying.

Happens to me too as well, strange thing is i cant recreate this bug. It only happens sometimes.

Main weapon empty, switching to secondary, than stuck, cant reload, cant shoot. The only thing working is the picture of the weapon changes when changing weapons, but only the little picture.

Using a skill always works for me and i can reload the empty gun. Also sometimes just waiting, running around making meele jump attacks solves the problem.

I recorded the same bug occurring in one of my game sessions today.. ended up needing to melee for most of a mission before I accidentally remembered to try using a power -- and then my weapons started working again for me. In my case, I had run out of ammo on both my primary and secondary clips but couldn't reload. The switching-weapon animation also never happened... I'll post a link to a video of the issue once I get it cleaned up and uploaded. The bug could hardly have come at a worse time for me too... I was taking some new weapons out to try and rank them up. :P

I too have experienced this bug on occasion. It's only natural for us, when we're caught in a heavy firefight, to want to switch to a fully loaded offhand when our main weapon (or the reverse) goes empty.

Suddenly I'd finding myself just derping next to the pod or artifact, unable to fire a single shot..... =(