Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brainstorming Harrow Augment ideas

BattledOne

Harrow has been out for quite a while and been received very positively. Having a very powerful and versatile skillset it will be interesting to see what DE chooses for his augments, he's in a pretty great spot currently that a powerful effect could pull him into Masterrace territory.

From my point of view here are the issues that augments should address:  

*Single stat focus. Duration is the stat you focus on on pretty much all of his builds. There's limited benefits from investing into power STR or Range. Augments could add effects that are less reliant on duration and introduce more build options.

*He is not very durable and definitely geared more towards ranged play. Not that there's anything wrong with it but as a person that has more of an in-your-face all out melee playstyle, I'd love something to make it more viable. He has awesome benefits of attack speed, leech and cheap CC with the Oh S#&$ button that melee love but he can't take a punch from high level enemy. A durability increasing effect would be nice.

*His 3. It's a good skill when you're starting out but doesn't see use in higher level play. Not really sure what it needs exactly.

*He's a priest but has no synergy with kids. Seriously though, his quest is operator driven and a having a warframe option to compliment your operator instead of the other way around could be interesting. Augment with operator synergy would be neat.

*I really love his ult's secondary effect. I'd love if we were given a way to extend it.

If i were to make the augments, they'd look something like this:  

Condemning Apprenticeship: Condemned enemies take 100/200/300/400% increased operator damage and grant stacking amp crit buff for the duration of the mission when killed (flat additive 1/2/3/4% crit per condemned enemy killed)

Fortified Piety: Grants 25/50/75/100% of sacrificed shields amount as armor. Newer casts now replace old buff instead of adding duration.

Energizing Vapors: Energy granted by Thurible can exceed energy cap. Overenergy cap is 50% of frames base energy + 25/50/75/100% energy used in charging Thurible.

Overzealous: Casting Covenant during secondary buff effect refreshe's it's duration.

Edited by BattledOne

All of it seems pretty nice except for condemn. DE has made a point to separate warframes from operators. A lot of players have already been voicing out their concerns as to being "forced" to use the operators. I disagree with this statement but if you do add this augment to the game, those players might have more fuel for their fire. This is literally useless to them. 

1 hour ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

All of it seems pretty nice except for condemn. DE has made a point to separate warframes from operators. A lot of players have already been voicing out their concerns as to being "forced" to use the operators. I disagree with this statement but if you do add this augment to the game, those players might have more fuel for their fire. This is literally useless to them. 

I can see where such people are coming from, but it is just 1 augment out of all existing ones that has an operator synergy. A lot of frames get pretty underwhelming augments that see no use, this one at least has potential as operator content is on the rise. Could see an eidolong speed hunter going wet over this to shave off time on shield phase.

Plus, it's not like there's a lot of room to work with on Condemn tho, it's pretty perfect as a skill already and it's hard to come up with interesting effects to augment it with. 

Edited by BattledOne