Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constantly Kept In The Dark Till It Is Too Late!

TGPhoenix

DE - As a Master level founder with approaching 315 hrs played, rank 9 mastery and in one of the clans that has competed heavily in every event, I would like to say this.... PLEASE INCREASE THE FLOW OF INFORMATION FROM YOU TO THE PLAYERS! I am frankly done with the game if you are going to constantly take 2 steps forward in game design and then throw in 1 thing that sends you 3 steps backward because you should already have learned is a bad thing that your entire community has told you they hate. Every event since the Fusion Moas people have told you to stick to your posted schedule of being able to participate until Monday at noon because not everyone can be on by Sunday when the event *usually* completes (last event didn't actually complete till early Monday morning, but the final totals still got counted till into the afternoon). I am not one of the players that missed the opportunity, but I am a player in a competitive clan who would have changed my schedule of play completely to stay up the night before, rather than pacing myself to be able to stay up what I thought was going to be the last night, had I known the event was going to completely shut down for the FIRST TIME without warning!?!?! I am not a sore loser, I give congratulations to the clan that is ahead of my clan officially on the shadow board. They beat us at the game that was available fair and square, but I would just like to say that if you had stuck to the posted schedule and let us continue fighting, like what has happened in every event previous to this, we would have continued to fight the entire night and it would have been a tough race for them to still have won. This event was originally started with next to no warning for people to change schedules and plan for in the first place, then the regular schedule that has been true for every other event does not apply here. I have calmed down considerably since last night, but at the time I was literally frothing at the mouth in sheer rage when the event shut down and didn't return after a short time period like it did in the fusion moa event. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE CONSISTENCY OR PRIOR OFFICIAL WARNING?!?! Why do you see it as such a bad thing to tell your players what is going on before it happens? Why must we constantly deal with the "Well I think this is what is gonna happen, but I'm not really sure" mentality as players of this game? Especially when  you are only going to reward the #1 clan in each category and are making things even more competitive than ever before. If the next event has anywhere near as much miscommunication, it will be my last.

That is my rant, and my two cents is said, take it or leave it but I truly hope DE sees this and realizes they need to change how they do things, one way or another!

Edited by TGPhoenix

Probably wanted to say how event is bad and he hates it, happens after every event...

If you followed DE very often as you should if you love this game you would learn on Raptr livestream that there will be a special "Corpus" event on weekend

Also from my point of view this event was really awesome and I loved it, great job DE :)

TL ; DR.

Basically he said he did not know the mission will end earlier.

But isn't the event just about sinking all the available ships ?

If they are all sunk, the event is over.

I thought that was pretty clear lol.

Really? Because every other event was actually shut off when it was "over"? That is obviously the message DE has sent in the past... Right.

Prior communications would be helpful as gamers have lives & responsibilities as well. This can even be done in a clever, lore abiding way that can maintain the suspension of disbelief.

Otherwise, I figured it would end when the ships were all destroyed. You probably have to think of it as an interactive universe as opposed to a game, otherwise, you break the immersion and start to focus more on our expectations of the game and it's rules...

Well, maybe anyway...

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE CONSISTENCY OR PRIOR OFFICIAL WARNING?!?!

Like the way the sniptron just magically disappeared with no warning. Main point of the post is communication. And in general over all the Devs team's lack there of. The Devs have at least the game and the forum to give a heads up to the players. I think in the event of removing a weapon like what happened to the snipetron there should have been a heads up in game for a least a week before it happened. Just changing things willy nilly for the better or worse with no warning is going to annoy people real quick. Especially people who have paid moneys and have put in major time.

Edited by Carcharias