Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Gara QoL changes

Kalvorax

So I finally got Gara and so far I like her a lot. However, i find a couple mechanics to be very useless compared to other frame abilities or how the ability works.

Her 1st ability....i really think that it should be like Ivara's quiver and Vauban's mines. Press to use and Hold to change.

Her 2nd seems ok, i just wish the range around her was a bit larger and that the interaction with her 4 was a bit different (more on that on her 4). Also Can we get some kind of display showing how much damage per second is being done (See 4th ability interaction)? I also think that the Damage should scale by having damage from her 4th add PERMANENTLY to her 2 for the duration of the mission. This ability is similar to Mesa's shatter shield, in that it has the 90% DR (Mesa has 95%) but instead of blocking grapples it does Damage instead.

Her 3rd....I've read that its not great in terms of durability, though personally I've only used it against infested and tend to see some good results.....particularly for CC in a cramped space, like a doorway.

Now to her 4th:

A) This should REALLY be a Hold mechanic instead of this Tap to start and Tap to stop. This would allow us even great control on the Expansion of the ring. She cant do anything else during the casting anyways, so why go the route of tap to start and tap to stop?

B) Her Interaction with her 2 should really be at the END of the Ability Duration OR when it is broken with her 1. I also think that at the end of the duration, any damage dealt should be added to her 2. As for resetting the duration of her 2 at the End, enemies cant get thru the wall and the ones that are should have been crystallized, so it is quite pointless to have it being reset at the start of the cast anyways.

C) We should NOT have to bullet jump and aim glide to get a good TALL coverage....it should be 3-4 Meters tall AND expand down...or it should just Expand up AND down overall.....Personally, i think it should be a dome of glass, then it would be useful for the Plains.

Edited by Kalvorax