Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Battles are rather uninteresting

Leo.doodling

Boss battles haven't exactly been fun for me. Maybe it's just myself but most of them are forgettable or annoying. The first one agains that four legged robot was fine, nothing special. Most of the other ones I've done were confusing, mainly around how I do damage against the boss. But usually a high level player was around and would kill them quickly so never got that answer there. 

The one I have enjoyed was the Tyl Regor fight (except getting to him, that part was maddening many times). That fight was fun over all and easy to understand.

Vay Hek on the other hand was just so tedious. I didn't even finish the fight. It's hard to tell what I am supposed to do. His shock ability that messes with your screen eventually started to hurt my eyes. I just was frustrated with no ammo and no reason to believe I had done anything to him so I left as I wasn't having fun.

Most of this game is fast paced and you feel like stuff is happening, like you are making an impact with everything you do. But many boss fights just leave me confused or wishing I could go back to normal missions. I think more can be done to make it clear what I am supposed to do and less bullet sponge going on might help. Also more can be done to make it obvious that you are doing something to the boss, like visible damage or dialogue from the enemy.

My favorite boss fight so far is the Lephantis fight. I love how huge and strong the boss feels, and the multistage fight it brought. Tyl Regor is definitely up there too. I feel like the more boring fights for me are probably Krill, Ruk, and other bosses who don't really have much going for them except for invulnerability phases.