Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for Clans 2.0

RavingRoman

I know DE is not yet working or clans... or at least I don't think so at this moment. I could be wrong. But there are a few things I would really like to touch on once they do.\

Hierarchies:

- It's awesome that we can rename the different hierarchies in clans, now please allow Warlords or Clan leaders to add more hierarchies in their clans. This can allow them to designate more specific or specialized duties for their members, or to provide a ranking system in their clan.

- Also allow us to assign which ranks do new clan members are automatically given once they join the clan.

Clan screen layout

- Give us guild boards that access to edit can be given to specific ranks can edit and touch. This can be used so that clan leaders can make different announcements for their clan. Whether it be some kind of contest, or just an update on what is going on with the clan. This can also make announcements a little more visible yet optional at the same time so that clan members can either ignore or read more on. 

Squad bonus

I'm not asking for some kind of gameplay change or buff if the whole squad is comprised of clan members. But I would like to see some simple things like a squad ship. If all the players are from the same clan, we would see some kind of larger dropship being the one to bring the players into the mission for open maps. It would just make things really cool to start off the skirmish instead of the weird occasion that some stranger is coming out of YOUR dropship. (Ordis just lets anyone on our ship now, doesn't he?)

Clan banners

- Please let us create flags, or stylize glyphs of our clan logos so that we can have some kind of gear we can use out of vanity to plant a flag or tag a wall so we can establish some kind of clan presence in an event or mission. No real game benefit, but would be really cool for roleplays.

Dojo (You might want to pull up a chair on this one)

- We need to have more customization options for each of the dojo rooms. Aside from changing the colour, fashion frame can extend further if we could change the way the dojo is lit. Like some kind of slider on how bright the lights would be. We could have that and it would be really appreciated. 

- I would also like to see a change in the way that we customize our dojos. It's really hard to have to run around to each room and add new ones by the door without having any idea how the whole setup is going to look like. I would really recommend some type of architect mode where we start with the first room and add more of them and hallways from that point on from a distant perspective. This architect mode would also be suitable for adding different furniture and fixtures in the game because doing it from the third-person perspective of the warframe is just really... hard, especially if you want to properly align some things in a symmetrical pattern, even more so for the trophy room.

- I would also like to see these additional room types.with specific uses. 

• Shooting gallery - Just so we could have a place where clan members can do some recreational shooting if they don't feel like fighting live opponents.
  • A real lounge - Where clan members can just hang out, sit down, relax, chill, talk... emphasis on SIT DOWN. It should also have a warframe jukebox. A place to play music.... this jukebox should also be available for the orbiter. Hell I'll buy more music ambiances for plat. It'll be worth it.
  • (Not a new room, but this needs to actually function) The observatory needs to be functional so that players hanging out in a private clan space can discuss what missions they want to tackle, how they want to deal with it, who will be the person to host and etc, aside from the supposed nemesis system.
  • A bigger duel room. Would appreciate more than just a cage match. And this can have more than 2 combatants in it. Maybe 4 at most.
  • A library. (But why?) If ever warframe intends to add more collectables, books, tomes, and other pieces of information can be reviewed in the clan library. And honestly, this is just an excuse to add another Cephalon to be the librarian for us. They can be an assistant who can be responsible for maintaining the dojos for the clan leaders. They can also be the main security ward in case there is an event where the dojos are invaded. They can call upon (future nemesis allies like in Shadow of Mordor to defend the clans like they are the players' homes?) It would also be awesome if she can differently respond between guests, newcomers, regular members, higher hierarchies, and the leaders, especially when it comes to welcoming them or informing about actions some members can and cannot do.
  • Hangars. It would be massively cool to have hangars where we can see the dropships of players that are currently in the same instance of the dojo as us. Another hangar would also be for the clan ships (Especially if we will be having the tenno ships modes in the future. It would be awesome to get into the hangar, see them and customize them in certain ways, especially if you are a mechanic, a pilot, helmsman, or engineer authorized by the clan leaders to mess with them.

Anyway, those are my ideas to add to the revision of clans. Let me know what you think of them and as always: ROCK ON, TENNO!!

Edited by RavingRoman

il y a 4 minutes, RavingRoman a dit :

Squad bonus

I'm not asking for some kind of gameplay change or buff if the whole squad is comprised of clan members. But I would like to see some simple things like a squad ship. If all the players are from the same clan, we would see some kind of larger dropship being the one to bring the players into the play for open maps. It would just make things really cool to start off the game instead of the weird occasion that some stranger is coming out of YOUR dropship. (Ordis just lets anyone on our ship now, doesn't he?)

YES!

il y a 5 minutes, RavingRoman a dit :

- Please let us create flags, or stylize glyphs of our clan logos so that we can have some kind of gear we can use out of vanity to plant a flag or tag a wall as if to establish some kind of clan presence in an event or mission. No real game benefit, but would be really cool for roleplays.

DOUBLE YES!

il y a 5 minutes, RavingRoman a dit :

Dojo (You might want to pull up a chair on this one)

- We need to have more customization options for each of the dojo rooms. Aside from changing the colour, fashion frame can extend further so that we could change the way the dojo is lit. Like some kind of slider on how bright the lights would be. So in case we need a room to be lighter or darker, we could have that and it would be really appreciated. 

TRIPLE!

il y a 6 minutes, RavingRoman a dit :

- I would also like to see a change in the way that we customize our dojos. It's really hard to have to run around to each room and add new once by the door without having any idea how the whole set up is going to look like. I would really recommend some type of architect mode where we start with the first room and add rooms and hallways from that point on from a distant perspective. This architect mode would also be suitable for adding different furniture and fixtures in the game because doing it from the third-person perspective of the warframe is just really... hard, especially if you want to properly align some things in a symmetrical pattern, especially for the trophy room.

Add this to Orbitors too and you will loose me for hours while I just make sure that everything is pixel perfect.

il y a 9 minutes, RavingRoman a dit :
  • Shooting gallery - Just so we could have a place where clan members can do some recreational shooting if they don't feel like fighting live opponents.

Could be a nice accuracy test if done right.

il y a 11 minutes, RavingRoman a dit :
  • A real lounge - Where clan members can just hang out, sit down, relax, chill, talk... emphasis on SIT DOWN. It should also have a warframe jukebox. A place to play music.... this jukebox should also be available for the orbiter. Hell I'll buy more music ambiances for plat. It'll be worth it.

But the floor looks so nice to sit on :clem:. Also there is already a ''radar'' in the Orbitor that can reworked (and should be) in to the jukebox...better let us play our Mandachord songs on it.

il y a 13 minutes, RavingRoman a dit :
  • (Not a new room, but this needs to actually function) Star map room needs to be functional so that players hanging out in a private clan space can discuss what missions they want to tackle, how they want to deal with it, who will be the person to host and etc, aside from the supposed nemesis system.

The Obeservatory? Ya, I don't see why it doesn't act as a Navigation room like the one in the Relays either.

il y a 15 minutes, RavingRoman a dit :
  • Hangars. It would be massively cool to have hangars where we can see the dropships of players that are currently in the same instance of the dojo as us. Another hangar would also be for the clan ships (Especially if we will be having the tenno ships modes in the future. It would be awesome to get into the hangar, see them and customize them in certain ways, especially if you are a mechanic, a pilot, helmsman, or engineer authorized by the clan leaders to mess with them.

I think Steve did a livestream of him testing something like that...well excluding the hangers:sad:.

il y a 16 minutes, RavingRoman a dit :

A library. (But why?) If ever warframe intends to add more collectables, books, tomes, and other pieces of information can be reviewed in the clan library.

Isn't the Codex techincally a mini-library?

PS: Now speaking of all this Dojo stuff...weren't we promised a Dojo update like, last year? And sence you mentioned Shadow of Mordor...just what happened to the Nemesis system for Clans?

7 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Add this to Orbitors too and you will loose me for hours while I just make sure that everything is pixel perfect.

Now that I think about it, I can imagine being lost in Architect mode for hours too. What have I done? :))

8 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Isn't the Codex techincally a mini-library?

True. I just wanted an excuse to hear more from another cephalon, and for one to be added to the clan dojo.

8 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

PS: Now speaking of all this Dojo stuff...weren't we promised a Dojo update like, last year? And sence you mentioned Shadow of Mordor...just what happened to the Nemesis system for Clans?

I am not sure what happened to do Dojo update. But as for the Nemesis systems bit, the Dev team did explain that they are having some difficulty with it I suppose.

The Dojo update is coming soon, likely not this year. Current Dojo tiles will be relit, but beyond that they're still working on specific assets and ironing out the new systems that will accompany the Dojo rework. This all ties in with the larger subsystem involved in customizing the Orbiter, Dojo, and the future player-built Relays, so naturally it'll take a bit. Plains of Eidolon took up most of their development capacity over the last year, but with that out of the way, I expect we'll be seeing much-needed and enjoyed updates such as these happening much more often.

Edited by EmissaryOfInfinity

3 minutes ago, -Narauko- said:

'Current Dojo tiles will be relit'

What you mean relit?

By that, I stated that the lighting could be adjusted via color and/or slider. And if it would be possible, have separate light sources be it spotlights, lantern lights, and so on. After that, there would be under glows between panels where there is space. Decoration is more than just the furniture. Fixing the lighting will truly fashion frame our clan domains.

1 hour ago, RavingRoman said:

By that, I stated that the lighting could be adjusted via color and/or slider. And if it would be possible, have separate light sources be it spotlights, lantern lights, and so on. After that, there would be under glows between panels where there is space. Decoration is more than just the furniture. Fixing the lighting will truly fashion frame our clan domains.

Can't argue with that I hate the lighting its too bright in most rooms.

I've got a bunch of ideas too, might as well throw them in here rather than creating yet another "Dojo Suggestions Thread"

In no particular order, my suggestions and thoughts:
> Overhaul the obstacle course. With the current parkour system you can cheese most of the course with bullet jumps. The only section that still works well is the wall-running section, and the long fall right afterwards. The vault rooms in Spy missions and Relic Hunts (and to a lesser extent Rescue missions) have excellent obstacles to take inspiration from. Things like tight corners, force-fields, vertical movement, wall-run transfers, and even zip-lines could make a genuinely fun and challenging parkour course.

>Clean up the decoration UI. It's a bit convoluted right now. Perhaps make a hotkey to open the place decor menu, and make donating to them be an interaction like room donations. 

>Seating. in the duel rooms and observatory there are seating pads. Having those as a placeable decor item would be handy. Granted, with the sitting emotes this is less important. In that case, a couple more pieces of chair-like furniture would be dandy.

>Give Barracks an additional purpose. Right now they're just empty foggy rooms. Or make an alternative system for upgrading clan type, like an item similar to the Ascension altar. 

>Give the Oracle an additional purpose. At least the Oracle has more going on visually than the barracks, but it still only exists to give you access to the research rooms. What if the Oracle contained a Cephalon? Or a bunch of screens showing things from the Codex? It'd be a lot like the library you suggested, but using a room that already exists, and needs love. 

>I completely agree on giving the Observation room a purpose. It looks cool, but does nothing at all. What about giving you the ability to join other clanmates' missions? 

>Dead-end rooms. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and one of the things that bothers me is dead-end doorways. Rooms like the garden rooms, only dead-ends, would be cool. Put a large focal point like a statue, a Shinto shrine, or a large fountain inside, and give us decorators another space to work with. 

>Duel modifiers. When the first person prepares for a duel, give them a menu of modifiers to the duel. Things like restricting you to melee only, or sidearms only, no powers, no shields, , no sentinel, cold proc, low gravity, increased gravity, and so on. The second person is shown what the first chose, and then accepts. It would just add a bit more flavor to the duels. As for Duel room size, a bit larger might be nice, but I don't mind the current size for 1v1 duels. I like that you can put decorations inside the cage, though. I use it to add additional platforms and obstacles.

>Arsenal access or loadout access. This could be added by a small armory room, or just added to the menu, though an arsenal room would be cool.

>I had a few ideas for a shooting range too.  It could be floating orbs or hologram enemies like we face in mastery rank challenges. Scoring could be by most targets in a set time, or fastest time to destroy all targets. Multiple options could be presented here, too. For example,have different challenges depending on what kind of weapon you're wielding. small moving targets for Sniper and Bow, speed challenge for AR, fewest shots to destroy all targets for Launcher and Shotgun.

>Hangar/ landing bay. I'm on the fence about this one. I like being able to spawn into a grand hall, and I'm not sure where I would put a hangar in my own personal dojo, but it would still be a cool addition, and would help to make the dojo feel more like the space station it is.

>Hall of honor: I'd like the ability to change what giant Warframe statue is in the middle. I like the Loki, but being able to choose between a few would be nice,

>I LOVE your clan banners idea. What about being able to use them in a Relay? Equip it to your gear wheel, deploy in relays or Cetus, kind of like setting up a shop in Maroo's Bazaar. Other players can interact with you and your banner and receive a bit of info about the clan, including possibly a "request to join" button.

>My only fear with lighting is making dojos dark and claustrophobic. I like how light and airy they feel. I suppose that only applies if you choose to change the lights, though. 

>Furniture/Decorations, rapid-fire:
Corpus, Infested, and Tenno statues like the Grineer ones we have.
More seating options, as I mentioned.
More potted plants/Bonsai.
Orokin artifacts.
Some of the props from Cetus. (not the slabs of meat, though)
Mounted animal trophies.  
Wall-hanging weapons 

Oof, hello, text wall.

Hay there folks, 

maybe i will rename an idea which could be already written here, because I can't read all these great ideas at once but for now I simply have 3.

• First is on the one hand  an idea and on the other a problem of our clan at the moment and this a also a question.
    • How would it be to bring more seasonal decorations inside the game AND make them storageable inside dojo's, so you don't lose fancy stuff when u have to rebuild or redesign sth. like the winter veil decorations which hadn't surfaced again since about 2 years and when we could see it again.

• Number two roots in the curiousity of still senseless rooms
    • We all know it, the observatory a super large room sadly without any sense of using besides gazing in the dark nothingness, BUT most likely to this room on relais we got a very similar version of this with a navigation function to launch missions. If we bring this same feature inside our dojo's  we have first of all functionality in building this room AND one more great use for clans to meetup and start missions together while hoarding loads of Prime Junk for the next "Uncle Baro Weekend:clem::platinum::clem:

• And last but not least a wish from the depths of my Founderheart
    • Give players the opportunity to chose which style of dojo the like more when we create rooms and even if this counts only for the old rooms. With style I would like you remind us all on the great designs of dojo 1.0 and over the years i heard rumors that much of community (mostly the old ones) loved and missing the style of the first dojo with the roots in the ceilings and this not so clinical design everywhere. I guess many people like it but many don't even know the old style and this is what the "endgame content" is all about in (sry for the name but all knowing and lovin/hating it) Fashionframe - we set up hours over hours to design the finest frames which just mirrors our creativity and likes or ideas on our frames/ships/weapons and companions sooo why shouldn't we bring up this great new old section back to our dojo's? 

Browse your mind and tell me your points of view on this ideas!

Sincerely Primepredator, founder with heart and proud member of the crazy cats -Miau after Tomorrow- "we still meow after the end"

Edited by PrimePredator

PrimePredator, your suggestions gave me a few more ideas, partially related to yours.

>A storeroom. A room node that lets you view any decor pieces currently stored, (like you suggested) and lets you donate resources without having to donate to a room or decoration. Perhaps give it a cap on how much it can hold based on clan type (so people can’t just dump millions of nano spores) or limit what you can donate, like only rare resources for example.

>Whole-room decorations. From what I understand, they discontinued the old Orokin dojos because of how hard it was to build an elaborate dojo. What if they added decorations that affected large parts of a room without being directly placed. Like the holiday garland for the orbiter. One of them could be the roots and ornaments like the old tileset.

2 hours ago, Crazjtk said:

>A storeroom. A room node that lets you view any decor pieces currently stored, (like you suggested) and lets you donate resources without having to donate to a room or decoration. Perhaps give it a cap on how much it can hold based on clan type (so people can’t just dump millions of nano spores) or limit what you can donate, like only rare resources for example.

I want to add something that might help that can come in line with that

Guild Board

A fixture in the room that allows you to donate to the progress of room construction. That way, members do not have to run all the way to the room itself and easily contribute to items.

Le 25.11.2017 à 15:03, Crazjtk a dit :

PrimePredator, your suggestions gave me a few more ideas, partially related to yours.

>Whole-room decorations. From what I understand, they discontinued the old Orokin dojos because of how hard it was to build an elaborate dojo. What if they added decorations that affected large parts of a room without being directly placed. Like the holiday garland for the orbiter. One of them could be the roots and ornaments like the old tileset.

Yeah it's actually hard at least to reconstruct a dojo if you wanna change just a few rooms and i have to say this 2 ideas can be particulary great solutions