The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Get New Weapons?

Krirub

Question

I started playing Warframe a few days ago and now i'm level 2. I'm still using the starting weapons (rifle with 12 damage -.-). Killing enemies is starting to be hard and i'm doing missions alone because my connection is slow at the moment. I would like to change my weapons now, but i don't know how: i bought a few weapon blueprints in the store, but i can't farm the materials that i need to craft the weapons, because i'm stuck on the planet Earth, and those materials are located on high-level worlds that i can't reach. Could someone tell me how to get new weapons for my level please?

Edited by Krirub

10 answers to this question

You can buy the blueprints on the market and make the weapons. OR you can buy them with platinum on the market. Platinum which you have to buy with real money.

If you buy them with platinum, they come with a Orokin Catalyst pre-installed.This doubles the number of mod points you can put on a weapon. Otherwise you have to buy Orokin Catalysts or wait for an alert where the Blueprint drops for one.

Good luck playing. :)

Edited by Kalenath

before you do anything i suggest you do some research it will help

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

other than that joining a clan would help you also

and if you dont want to join one there is always the recruiting channel where you can find a group to farm what you need.

hope i helped cheers and welcome to the fight Tenno

Edited by 3th3ndil

Modding is the best bet for any weapon to improve it's effectiveness until you can build (via blueprints & resources) or buy (either creds or platinum) a new one.  You don't get many weapons early on in this game, so increase the power of your existing weapons.

If you haven't already, check out the wiki (linked above by 3th3ndil) and look under Mods for an explanation on how to use and fuse mods.

Note: you should have at least 50 platinum (may have changed since I started...) for joining Warframe; use this to buy a few weapon slots and warframe slots in the Arsenal > Inventory page; these slots are one of the very few things that you cannot acquire without platinum (colour pallets for decoration and sentinel accessories are the others).

If you think you can get by with the default # of slots (and I don't think you can), look at getting an Orokin Reactor for your starting frame.

Edited by Reithur

You can buy the blueprints on the market and make the weapons. OR you can buy them with platinum on the market. Platinum which you have to buy with real money.

If you buy them with platinum, they come with a Orokin Catalyst pre-installed.This doubles the number of mod points you can put on a weapon. Otherwise you have to buy Orokin Catalysts or wait for an alert where the Blueprint drops for one.

Good luck playing. :)

before you do anything i suggest you do some research it will help

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

other than that joining a clan would help you also

and if you dont want to join one there is always the recruiting channel where you can find a group to farm what you need.

hope i helped cheers and welcome to the fight Tenno

Thanks for the info but thats not my problem, my problem is i can't craft new weapons because the materials are located on high-level worlds, and i'm stuck on Earth.

You need to level your weapons, then insert mods. Usually mods change type of damage or adding extra damage. Try to mix elemental mods for maximum output. I suggest you to craft boltor as your main weapon because of armor penetration.

My starting weapons are level 20-21 and my Warframe (Mag) is level 22, and i know how to equip mods and fuse them.

The problem is, i want new weapons because the starting rifle (12 damage) sucks, but i can't farm the materials that i need...

I recommend that you get the orthos and the braton not the mk-1. The Braton is a lot stronger than the Mk-1 those are great weapons to start off with and can get you to end game, any other weapons beyond those are for personal preference. 

the orthos has some simple to get materials that you can get between Mars and Mercury.

Edited by FrostXeno

The problem is, i want new weapons because the starting rifle (12 damage) sucks, but i can't farm the materials that i need...

Then you're doing something wrong. MK1-Braton, if properly modded, can be decent at least till lvl50 enemies.

Another advice: buy Strun. For 75000 credits you will receive a gun that you could use at any planet. For secondary, Aklato are great.

With these you can successfully farm resources needed for every other gun you would wish to craft.

Edited by Khranitel

Then you're doing something wrong. MK1-Braton, if properly modded, can be decent at least till lvl50 enemies.

Another advice: buy Strun. For 75000 credits you will receive a gun that you could use at any planet. For secondary, Aklato are great.

With these you can successfully farm resources needed for every other gun you would wish to craft.

^this.

I recommend that you get the orthos and the braton not the mk-1. The Braton is a lot stronger than the Mk-1 those are great weapons to start off with and can get you to end game, any other weapons beyond those are for personal preference. 

the orthos has some simple to get materials that you can get between Mars and Mercury.

If you have just started then you will not be able to properly mod the MK-1. The Braton is a cheap and wise investment early game, it's a great gun, and will last until you can get you hands on the Braton Prime. And as you suggested the Strun is also an awesome choice, though that all depends on play style.