Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: At least we got fishing

(PSN)NicolaiBM

Playing Plains of Eidolon have been both fun and disappointing. The Teralyst battles are fantastic, really well made, the entire fishing system is impressively complex and a great way to relax and just zone out, the wide open plains offer some completely new tactics to deploy for succes, but there's a rotten apple in the basket and unfortunately it's the biggest apple of them all.

Bounties aren't rewarding (at least not for veteran players). Farming for Gara and Set Mods have been nothing but a wash of disappointing drops and a lot of lag, dear god I didn't know you could fit that much lag in to 1 game, it's to the point of impressive how much there is! (Did I stress out the lag issues enough?)

The really frustrating part is the solution is so obviously simple the community have suggested it for such a long time for sorties: Tokens, or even give Hok a syndicate shop. 125.000 for an Eidolon Lens, 10.000 for a Gara part, 25.000 for a Set Mod, seems reasonable to me, but grinding out the same bounty over and over while getting Vitality, Redirection, Pressure Point and god knows what resources I already have in the millions, it's not fun, it's almost as discouraging as rivens are. Add that up with how discouraging they would be if we had the syndicate shop I suggested, there would be 0 point to do them, because "at least we got fishing". That's not a hint to drop the standings gain from fishing, but up the gains from bounties. And that lag in Cetus, that really needs fixing.

I see this system benefiting both veterans and players just starting out, since those great rewards we're getting right now are so common, that it's almost impossible to complete a mission without getting at least 1 of them from random ruthless mowing down grineer/corpus/infested/corrupted (different name, same enemy, fix armor and only give it to grineer).

So far, I've enjoyed is the feeling of stalking Grineer patrols from afar with a sniper rifle. It's pretty cool to perch up on a hillside and spot (and then ambush) some Grineer on the other side of a valley, and watch them try to figure out where the hell the gunfire is coming from.

Otherwise, I don't see myself spending any substantial time out there. I'm not interested in the fishing or mining minigames, and I don't do operator stuff, so it's basically a Destiny patrol zone.

There's a reason why there isn't a token system.

It's the same reason why we have daily caps. 

Players will grind endlessly to get the rewards they want and DE cannot keep up with the content release as fast as players breeze through them. 

Everyone wants the best rewards, in the smallest amount of time, for the least effort. 

It's just not going to happen. 

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

On 11/15/2017 at 11:55 PM, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

dear god I didn't know you could fit that much lag in to 1 game, it's to the point of impressive how much there is! (Did I stress out the lag issues enough?)

This made me chuckle, so true. I know its still new and will iron itself out but yea I jumped in and everyone was moving like they had shaken-baby-syndrome and menus take longer to open up. I did a bounty and said NOPE! The thing that really pisses me off are those flying drone things, OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! My guild doesnt have the Arcwing thing unlocked yet until Saturday so I can fly and destroy them yet. 

On 18/11/2017 at 8:04 AM, (PS4)urkonse said:

i too like fishing / mining but Bounties take way too long (i wonder if the update on pc that changed bounties is good enought) and have too rare rewards

also i would like to have simpe guide on how to defeat eidolon...

Get 2 lures, charge them with 3 vombs each, have trinity protect them with blessing, drop the teralyst shield with operator, shoot off limb, repeat last 2 steps, kill