The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have inventory slots, but cant claim weapon from foundry?

Ifandbut

Question

So I am trying to claim a gun from the Foundry and it says "Cannot claim; not enough space in inventory. Would you like to purchase 2 Weapon Slots for 12(plat)?"

However, when I go to Esc->Equipment->Inventory on the All tab it shows that I have a ton of open slots and in the Weapons tab it shows I have one slot (for some reason).

9 answers to this question

The all tab includes quests gear etc, so yes you have a ton of open slots, because it never runs out. (this is just showing you all the stuff you have, the slots themselves don't count for anything)

But, the sentinels, weapons, warframes and the archwings have limited slots. These don't share slots. Meaning that every catogory of these 4 will each have a limited amount of slots. The last slot you saw in your weapons tab is just a box, you might notice it doesn't say "Open slot".

Edited by i_Lex

20 minutes ago, i_Lex said:

The last slot you saw in your weapons tab is just a box, you might notice it doesn't say "Open slot".

Ok, your right, it is just a box. Do all weapons/frames/etc only take up one slot? So if I spend 12plat I'll be able to carry 2 more weapons? 

Is there any reason I should sell off max level weapons to free up space or should I keep the max level weapons to try other builds?

12 minutes ago, Ifandbut said:

Ok, your right, it is just a box. Do all weapons/frames/etc only take up one slot? So if I spend 12plat I'll be able to carry 2 more weapons? 

Is there any reason I should sell off max level weapons to free up space or should I keep the max level weapons to try other builds?

Yes, if you spend 12 plat you receive 2 more slot for 2 new weapons.

You can sell max level weapon or keep, is your choice, you can sell if you don't like, or keep for the collection, as you prefer, for example i keep all for collection, even the things that i don't like, (the extra slot and some reactor are the only plat that i use)

37 minutes ago, Ifandbut said:

Keep what you like to use and sell what you don't, unless you like to collect.

Something to note if you are selling, there are some weapons that require a built weapon as a component for crafting. I recommend checking to see if anything you have is needed to craft something else before selling.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

1 minute ago, Ifandbut said:

Thanks for the help.

As for selling maxed weapons...I assume if I sell it then buy a new version of that weapon it will start at rank 0 right? Would I earn mastery points if I leveled up that weapon again?

You will only be able to earn mastery rank points for a weapon ones. It doesn't mean whenever you sell a weapon at like rank 12, that you can't get any mastery points from it again. It means that you need to level it again till rank 12 and from that point on you earn more mastery points per level. But when a weapon hits rank 30, even after selling, you won't earn any mastery points from it again.