Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode, Please Remove The No Mini-Map Mutator.

modded

Why? Because the maps are dynamic, meaning that you'll waste countless minutes running everywhere. This is exasperated on Extermination missions, and by duplicate tile groups.

To those who call us wimps because we need a minimap, I personally don't use the minimap in any game I play EXCEPT Deus Ex: Human Revolution (allows for planning while inside an air duct) and Warframe (since the maps are dynamic, I'd rather not waste precious time).

In short, no mini-map DOES NOT increase difficulty, but rather WASTES time. You'll die just as fast with or with the minimap, but without it your run just became 5-10 minutes longer.

This is the same reason many people were disappointed that the only way to challenge yourself was high level defense, because they simply didn't want to spend 30+ minutes on 1 match.

If you agree, please upvote this.

@DE A lot of the nightmare mode changes were good, but this is one brings only frustration, and adds no difficulty.

I agree, the no minimap ruleset for nightmare mode doesnt make things more difficult, it makes it more time consuming and lame. Not only that but it encourages rushing through the entire map just to find the objective, leaving behind anyone else that is incapable of, or not inclined to rush through the map as well. Most people don't have time or the inclination to devote 30-45 mins to a single extermination or sabotage or raid mission. Defense is different since you don't have to worry about searching for mobs, but there -are- the possibilities of mobs getting stuck inside a wall which you now cannot find or see due to the lack of the minimap.

Sure, deathcubes with puncture -could- work in that situation. However not everyone has one, and to say its fine because of deathcubes would be both a shortsighted and ignorant reason to justify no-minimap rulesets on defense missions.

tl;dr Get rid of no-minimaps on nightmare mode, its not fun or challenging, its lame and a waste of time.

I'm actually fine with no minimap, what really is a game over is No Shields + No Mana + Vampire. A few minutes and dead, even 2+ Trinities won't help without mana.

Absurd difficulty!=ridiculous time waster.

No minimap is the latter, that combo is the former.

Several times now, I've had something like no map, no shields, no mana. It's challenging, but not impossible.

All it does really, is make it so you cant just rambo through the level. You need to check different paths and use waypoints to keep everyone working together. I think it's a good mode, it makes things more interesting. :)

Several times now, I've had something like no map, no shields, no mana. It's challenging, but not impossible.

All it does really, is make it so you cant just rambo through the level. You need to check different paths and use waypoints to keep everyone working together. I think it's a good mode, it makes things more interesting. :)

I rambo more through the level without the mini map because I know that to get to the objective IS the objective in this type of mode. If there is a mini map then I will settle down and enjoy the game more. If not, I will get my Loki + energy siphon + Shade and rush the damn thing =/

I'm Japanese. I'm poor English.

I'm using a translation engine.

Please point out an incomprehensible part.

I hope I also want to exclude the mode that does not exist in the map. 

Rare reward of Nightmare mode, I'll get by me to win many times the map. 

So, mode to waste time, is abandoned the moment it began. 

In addition, I can enjoy the game without energy and without a shield game, but the game without the map does not enjoy. 

There is an additional problem. 

Impact of energy depletion and shield depletion be added in random is too large. 

I am not in the mood is challenging at present. I feel that the lottery rather. 

I think random failures is interesting, current situation is too extreme. 

Energy depletion and shield depletion, and suggests it to be treated as an event of the mission.

Please change "from the beginning to the end of the mission to continue" from the format.

"Shield is depleted in 3 minutes after the mission start, it lasts for 30 seconds"

"Energy is depleted in the two minutes later, it can last for 1 minute"

I think that it becomes more interesting timetable invisible to the player as described above exists, if accident occurs along with it.

Create multiple time table in addition to it, I suggest a random selection of mission at the start.