The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Ensure That Your Firewall Permits Udp Ports 3960 & 3962

CaveCricket48

Question

Message pops up when I'm in the main menu and try to connect to games.

Tried disabling windows firewall, router firewall, and avast!, didn't work. Tried port forwarding.

ibykVsYDB984mm.png

Says the IP is incorrect.

So, what's the IP I need to use or is there something else I need to do?

3 answers to this question

Message pops up when I'm in the main menu and try to connect to games.

Tried disabling windows firewall, router firewall, and avast!, didn't work. Tried port forwarding.

Says the IP is incorrect. 

So, what's the IP I need to use or is there something else I need to do?

Make sure uPnP on your router is enabled

Also the "Server IP" you should be using is your computer's LAN address, the IPv4 address of the computer you're playing Warframe with on your local network. It should be something like "192.168.2.xxx" or "192.168.0.xxx".

Bring up command prompt with (Windows Key) + R, type "cmd" sans quotes, hit run, then type "ipconfig" sans quotes. This will tell you your IPv4 address on your network.

It should look like this:

Tfy6bkG.png

Blue outline is your computer's connection to your router, this may be Wi-Fi if you're on a laptop and not connected through ethernet.

Red outline is the ipconfig command, and the IP you're looking for (it will be a different IPv4 for you). This is what you put into the "Server IP" on your router.

Edited by Letter13

Make sure uPnP on your router is enabled

Also the "Server IP" you should be using is your computer's LAN address, the IPv4 address of the computer you're playing Warframe with on your local network. It should be something like "192.168.2.xxx" or "192.168.0.xxx".

Bring up command prompt with (Windows Key) + R, type "cmd" sans quotes, hit run, then type "ipconfig" sans quotes. This will tell you your IPv4 address on your network.

It should look like this:

Tfy6bkG.png

Blue outline is your computer's connection to your router, this may be Wi-Fi if you're on a laptop and not connected through ethernet.

Red outline is the ipconfig command, and the IP you're looking for (it will be a different IPv4 for you). This is what you put into the "Server IP" on your router.

That did it, thanks!