Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ammo Conversion Mods

jucarojinmu

These mods are a waste of mod space. these mods should be placed in sentinels and make any drop convert into ammos depending on which weapon needs it.

Plenty of situations when you need an ammo but you get tons of energy or vit orbs when your energy or vit is full.

These mod should also auto consume ammo in your inventory when your current weapon ammo runs out. no need to press Q and mouse over which ammo to click because all the ammo icons look the same.

These essentially take the place of warp magazine and ammo drum at the same time. So why are they so bad? It also only costs 7 at max lvl... 

Because they only further DE's mindset that if something in the game is not working as intended, or if something in the game is causing player unrest with striking regularity, they should release a bandaid for it in the form of a mod instead of fixing the problem. The knockdown recovery mod was the first blatant sign of this to my memory (though it may stem from something much further back that I'm just not recalling).

Ammo consumption, droprates and useless ammo boxes being found in the wild is a problem with a much simpler solution that DE simply REFUSES to look into accomplishing. Instead, they create a weekend event and make everyone grind up a bunch of points to get all five of these shiny new bandaids. Something that they wouldn't need to do if they instead would make ammo boxes player specific and never drop a single ammo box for that player of a weapon type they weren't using. We could've had a REAL reward from Sling Stone, like double material drop rates or higher rare material drops for X weeks after victory... Instead it was a blatant advertisement for the latest sign that DE is more content to pump out more and more content than to fix the game's failing points with any sort of reliability and speed.

The new mods are a let down to me. Not because they take up space on a weapon that I could otherwise be using for another mod, but because they do not fix the problem at it's core, which lies not in the mods or the weapons, but in the way the RNG treats ammo drops, and how DE cannot build a system that can properly track what weapons a player is using that helps let the RNG know what ammo drops a given player should be seeing, and what ammo drops a player should NOT be seeing. I continually purchase platinum to get potatoes and forma, buy my way into founder status in hopes of supporting the game's growth, and they can't even do what they should do when something isn't working right and fix the problem without making us grind up a brand new mod that we shouldn't need to use if whatever the mods are trying to "fix" worked the way is should in the first place...

If they want the way ammo works now to mean something, they should let people equip other "primary" weapons in their secondary slots, or vice versa. Even then it still wouldn't fix the problem that some ammo drops are rare as sin while others are like a rash that you can never seem to get rid of. It also unsettles me that these new mods make me think they might try to introduce bow ammo as another ammo supply all its own...

These mod should also auto consume ammo in your inventory when your current weapon ammo runs out. no need to press Q and mouse over which ammo to click because all the ammo icons look the same.

I would HATE that to the core. If i run out of pistol ammo, I would like the choice of switching to primary and stocking back up on pistol ammo from the drops. If it auto refills after i see a bunch of ammo laying around that i cant pick up, then it ends of defeating the purpose of the mod, which is to save you on consumables.

my supra doesnt need 1 more dmg mod, its dmg is more than enough for %99 of the content, so endless ammo helps it more than another elemental mod.

there are several weapons in the game which suffers from serious ammo consumption issues. so the mod isnt completely useless like you try to make it.

The real problem is the limited sniper ammo pool, and that ammo drops dont restore based on clip size, whether an ogris has 5 or a supra has 90, each rifle pickup always provides 20. This makes it highly unbalanced towards the high damage low fire rate guns.

Ammo Con Mod increase/decrease as per clip size & fire rate?

Ammo Conversion Rate = Weapon Type x Clip Size x Fire Rate?

no idea wtf am i talking here-.-"

Make Normal Ammo Pickup to the same amount as per clip size?

if sniper clip size is 6, the ammo pickup is 6.

for Gorgon it is 90, so rifle ammo pickup will be 90.

Edited by KaoKill123

Because they only further DE's mindset that if something in the game is not working as intended, or if something in the game is causing player unrest with striking regularity, they should release a bandaid for it in the form of a mod instead of fixing the problem. The knockdown recovery mod was the first blatant sign of this to my memory (though it may stem from something much further back that I'm just not recalling).

Ammo consumption, droprates and useless ammo boxes being found in the wild is a problem with a much simpler solution that DE simply REFUSES to look into accomplishing. Instead, they create a weekend event and make everyone grind up a bunch of points to get all five of these shiny new bandaids. Something that they wouldn't need to do if they instead would make ammo boxes player specific and never drop a single ammo box for that player of a weapon type they weren't using. We could've had a REAL reward from Sling Stone, like double material drop rates or higher rare material drops for X weeks after victory... Instead it was a blatant advertisement for the latest sign that DE is more content to pump out more and more content than to fix the game's failing points with any sort of reliability and speed.

The new mods are a let down to me. Not because they take up space on a weapon that I could otherwise be using for another mod, but because they do not fix the problem at it's core, which lies not in the mods or the weapons, but in the way the RNG treats ammo drops, and how DE cannot build a system that can properly track what weapons a player is using that helps let the RNG know what ammo drops a given player should be seeing, and what ammo drops a player should NOT be seeing. I continually purchase platinum to get potatoes and forma, buy my way into founder status in hopes of supporting the game's growth, and they can't even do what they should do when something isn't working right and fix the problem without making us grind up a brand new mod that we shouldn't need to use if whatever the mods are trying to "fix" worked the way is should in the first place...

If they want the way ammo works now to mean something, they should let people equip other "primary" weapons in their secondary slots, or vice versa. Even then it still wouldn't fix the problem that some ammo drops are rare as sin while others are like a rash that you can never seem to get rid of. It also unsettles me that these new mods make me think they might try to introduce bow ammo as another ammo supply all its own...

The mods have their justice when due. I have to admit it that i have swapped it out for my ammo-drum as the ammo drum is only so useful.

The mod is rather perspective to the user, and overall your disappoint doesn't voice out the whole communities opinion on this and well the problem you mention isn't really clear. Sorry that i am ignorant to the problems that are obvious, but overall i fail to many significant errors that is worth the attention of the Devs. There are times where the sensitive context of items like exclusive items and such work to provide some attention, but overall these hype usually die down because there is hardly anyone actively pursuing for change.

However if i am to infer that base on your solution, you are trying to say DE should just make ammo boxes for the specific weapons types of the user. This is a cause of what seems to be "ammo shortage" and unnecessary ammo drops. This view isn't balanced in the stance that if such a thing were to happen, it would mean there wouldn't be scarcity of ammo. Overall there shouldn't even be ammo capacity in the first place because if everyone is able to get the ammo they need, what is the point as their ammo needs are always satisfied. This would mean ammo system should just be scrapped. What DE is trying to do by providing band-aids is to facilitate something similar to what you are suggesting but to a smaller scale that would still lead to ammo running out.

Aside for that, the mod in general is more effective than maxed out ammo-drum for my braton. From my perspective having to run low on ammo which is frequent, is a bother. The ammo drum mod pro-longs it by 200 rounds but that is usually if i make every shot count. However this new mod is more amazing because i can switch out to my secondary, kill mobs and collect all other ammo, overall quickly replenishing what would have not been possible had i use ammo-drum only.

I used the mods to help level up vitality, so that's ok.

Only time I run out of ammo, is when I'm too drunk to shoot straight or my weapon isn't fully forma'd yet. Maybe they are usefull to do T3 defense wave 100+ or so, but I have no intention to keep shooting the same stuff over and over for hours on end.

I used the mods to help level up vitality, so that's ok.

Only time I run out of ammo, is when I'm too drunk to shoot straight or my weapon isn't fully forma'd yet. Maybe they are usefull to do T3 defense wave 100+ or so, but I have no intention to keep shooting the same stuff over and over for hours on end.

Yea... I guess you haven't use guns like Supra/Boltor/Gorgon/Spectra/Viper/Flux Rifle... If you got all of them forma'd shouldn't you be in T3 defense all the time now?

The mod is rather perspective to the user, and overall your disappoint doesn't voice out the whole communities opinion on this and well the problem you mention isn't really clear. Sorry that i am ignorant to the problems that are obvious, but overall i fail to many significant errors that is worth the attention of the Devs. There are times where the sensitive context of items like exclusive items and such work to provide some attention, but overall these hype usually die down because there is hardly anyone actively pursuing for change.

I have seen many threads, and mentioning in threads concerning weapons, of the rate at which some high fire rate weapons need a better ammo economy in the game to function well. I agree, having been in a situation where I NEED to carry ammo boxes around for these types of weapons. When a topic is brought up repeatedly, and nothing happens for it until a mod comes out to fix it through a band-aid, I don't call it "hype dying down". I call it "bad game design". Doubly so when to get every one of them you need to either grind up several points, or wait until they're released to the public so you can grind for them in the void/nightmare/defense/wherever they make these things drop from.

Having to grind for a band-aid solution to a problem is even worse than the problem being fixed with a band-aid solution itself.

However if i am to infer that base on your solution, you are trying to say DE should just make ammo boxes for the specific weapons types of the user. This is a cause of what seems to be "ammo shortage" and unnecessary ammo drops. This view isn't balanced in the stance that if such a thing were to happen, it would mean there wouldn't be scarcity of ammo. Overall there shouldn't even be ammo capacity in the first place because if everyone is able to get the ammo they need, what is the point as their ammo needs are always satisfied. This would mean ammo system should just be scrapped. What DE is trying to do by providing band-aids is to facilitate something similar to what you are suggesting but to a smaller scale that would still lead to ammo running out.

You are trying very poorly to convince me that suddenly making this change will make the weapons never run dry. Many of the high offender weapons are pistols and rifles, weapons that have the most frequent ammo box drops in the game. They still suffer. And if these mods don't make it possible to never run out of ammo, then neither would changing every sniper or shotgun ammo drop into pistol or rifle ammo drops (never mind that Sniper ammo is rare as hell anyways for no reason whatsoever). If you're burning through it that fast, than no amount of culling out unused ammo boxes will fix that problem either. It will, however, open up new usage means for these new mods, and the ammo scavenger auras, which may make them not so terrible, and won't make them conflict with other people's ammo needs (in the case of the auras).

The solution is not meant to make ammo a never ending supply, simply an increased one. Same as the mods. Except the solution of changing the game dynamic at its core instead of giving the players a mod and letting them use that to do it is that the players don't need to use a mod to fix something that is broken within the game. THIS is why I dislike the way DE handles creating mods like these. The game aspect itself is what is wrong, and telling people to use mods to fix it is like charging them a portion of their mod capabilities to not suffer from a mechanical deficiency in the game's programming. In a game where some weapons are blatantly underpowered against the high end game challenges, losing yet another mod slot to fix what's wrong on a game code scale is a total cop-out.

The core game mechanic change solution works just as well as the mod solution does, but doesn't require the use of mod space in order to correct the mechanical game imbalance due to the RNG being dumb.

Aside for that, the mod in general is more effective than maxed out ammo-drum for my braton. From my perspective having to run low on ammo which is frequent, is a bother. The ammo drum mod pro-longs it by 200 rounds but that is usually if i make every shot count. However this new mod is more amazing because i can switch out to my secondary, kill mobs and collect all other ammo, overall quickly replenishing what would have not been possible had i use ammo-drum only.

That they're being used to replace things like Ammo Drum is irrelevant. I'd prefer the ammo drops be fixed to not drop useless ammo boxes for me ever again so that I can use Ammo Drum to increase how much i can carry around of the ammo that I do require, and have a steady enough supply of ammo coming in on a regular scale that I only need to use an ammo box in the most extreme of conditions. Would I still run out from time to time? Quite possibly. But I wouldn't need to waste a mod slot to turn some useless shotgun rounds into pistol rounds for my Twin Vipers just to keep ammo drops coming in decently, and I wouldn't see it happening as an "every stage" sort of scenario either. I could even use that slot for something that ISN'T a max ammo boost mod so as to give my weapon other options, such as quicker reload or even enemy stun (or both in the case of the pistol nightmare mod).

Band-aid mods are not real content. They're patches in disguise, and you're often losing more than your gaining by using them.

I tested out the Arrow Mutator earlier, and......hahaha.

Did the whole level with the Paris, and nothing but the Paris, other than whipping out my Reaper anytime melee grineer got in my face.

Never went below 60 arrows left and almost always had 70+ (the bow maxes at 72).

These mods kick &#!.

The only problem is that they are so powerful, you'll never need Ammo Maximum mods ever again.

DE is thinking about realism.  It's realistic that the enemies would drop ammo that you cannot use.  I see no problem with that.  I like the ammo conversion mod, it helps a lot.  I don't really think all the ammo types dropping is great, but it's far from horrible.  Also, disabling the offdrops doesn't mean you'll get more ammo that you need, but this does give you more ammo that you need.  I don't see any problem with the current drop rates.  I occasionally run out of ammo then I use my sword, pistol, and abilities till I got plenty more.  Maybe you should learn how to aim and you'll run out less.

You obviously have no programming experience.  Putting that mod in is actually just as difficult, and more costly, as making it only drop ammo for your gun. The added cost comes from having an artist make the graphic for the mod, not much but everything counts.  Perhaps you should learn a thing or two, before you make yourself out to be an idiot.

I tested out the Arrow Mutator earlier, and......hahaha.

Did the whole level with the Paris, and nothing but the Paris, other than whipping out my Reaper anytime melee grineer got in my face.

Never went below 60 arrows left and almost always had 70+ (the bow maxes at 72).

These mods kick &#!.

The only problem is that they are so powerful, you'll never need Ammo Maximum mods ever again.

They're still kinda useless for higher level content (just as ammo max mods were, for the simple reason the weapon that the weapon effectively gains ammo economy by slotting another damage mod); I can easily eat the cost of an ammo box or eight 'til the cows come home, and the other consumables like health packs don't really scale well enough to be worth using.

Mod slots however? Those are precious, especially on weapons like a bow or most sniper rifles which simply don't have the slots to spare if you want to get the most out of it, unless the weapon's overleveled and you're hitting below its weight class. On a bow or Lanka, you're basically down five - six slots right out of the gate to get the most out of it and make it a worthwhile alternative to another primary weapon, before you even think about mounting elemental damage mods.

I'm inclined to agree with the poster that it strikes me as a bandaid fix to an issue with letting the RNG determine everything; including ammo drop rates and silliness like snipers dropping shotgun shells, etc. Not that it particularly matters all that much since it's not that hard to get to a point where the credit expenditure for ammo boxes is meaningless.

I'm willing to say they are the best mods ever. Why? Because for a Twin Viper or Grakata user, people who waste ALL there ammo in the first few minutes of a defense mission, or Exterminate, these are god sends. All unused ammo converted to w/e ammo you need, Brilliant! Now people can actually use Twin Vipers for more than a few seconds, same goes for a Grakata with maxed Fire rate. Stop complaining and see the pure utility in these mods.