Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Features Request

Cantar

So Ive been writing down a few things down that I think would help improve warframe and Id like to share them with everyone.

Clan/Friends Management tools

we defiantly need a "last seen on *date* " so we can remove friends/clan mates that haven't been seen playing in a vary long time id do this by posting the last seen date next to there name in the list.

Better MOD UI

With Mod rank stacking or grouping however you wanna look at it. especially all rank 0 mods of the same type and possibly a sell all common rank 0's button, same needs to be done with the list of mods under frame/weapons theres no reason to show all 100 rank 0 of a mod.

Active Power Duration Bars

Now this one is just kinda a whim really it isn't needed but would be nice basically while using a power have a bar that ticks down and when it reaches 0 your power goes out. and that depends on all your mods and such (please let us see it while zoomed in our weapon sights)

I will edit this post when i think of some more

if I may add...

A Real Chat Window

MMOs are known to be "social games" and interacting with other players is a huge part of it, yet the chat system we have in Warframe is nothing short of a bad joke at the moment. It has no "whisper notification sounds", it resets most of the time when you start a mission or finish a mission, squad window disappears as soon as the group is disbanded so you don't see any messages that was left before. More importantly it just floats about on your screen, minimised and undocked, like it doesn't belong in the game, having to "boot" the chat by maximising its window doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. And not being able to see what's been said before you "booted" the chat is quite inconvenient, especially in squad tab.

To make this a more constructive post rather than a rant, I'll suggest that it should be the exact opposite of what it is right now :P

...add optional chat sounds that we can turn on/off, dock the chat window somewhere and make it more compact with better and more legible font, keep it maximised un-minimised and let us decide if we want to hide it or not, make it prioritised over everything and active/usable in arsenal/mod/customisation screen, during the defense mission "end of wave" screen where you choose to quit or stay, and even during loading screens if possible. Last but not least, the ability to invite people without adding them as friends would be most welcome, preferably with a simple "/invite [name]" command along with an autofill function that completes the name of the player as you're typing, nothing really too fancy.

Edited by CapricaSix

if I may add...

A Real Chat Window

MMOs are known to be "social games" and interacting with other players is a huge part of it, yet the chat system we have in Warframe is nothing short of a bad joke at the moment. It has no "whisper notification sounds", it resets most of the time when you start a mission or finish a mission, squad window disappears as soon as the group is disbanded so you don't see any messages that was left before. More importantly it just floats about on your screen, minimised and undocked, like it doesn't belong in the game, having to "boot" the chat by maximising its window doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. And not being able to see what's been said before you "booted" the chat is quite inconvenient, especially in squad tab.

To make this a more constructive post rather than a rant, I'll suggest that it should be the exact opposite of what it is right now :P

...add optional chat sounds that we can turn on/off, dock the chat window somewhere and make it more compact with better and more legible font, keep it maximised and let us decide if we want to hide it or not, make it prioritised over everything and active/usable in arsenal/mod/customisation screen, during the defense mission "end of wave" screen where you choose to quit or stay, and even during loading screens if possible. Last but not least, the ability to invite people without adding them as friends would be most welcome, preferably with a simple "/invite [name]" command along with an autofill function that completes the name of the player as you're typing, nothing really too fancy.

To add to your great response id like to add that we need chat tabs for whispers,

IDK about anyone else but can we get an alternative to /w to /tell playername many games use /tells not whispers am not saying to get rid of /whispers because just as many games use that as well.

To add to your great response id like to add that we need chat tabs for whispers,

IDK about anyone else but can we get an alternative to /w to /tell playername many games use /tells not whispers am not saying to get rid of /whispers because just as many games use that as well.

That'd be great, as long as it's user-friendly and done right.

Like this {a very crude example}:

nbNDkRR.jpg

Instead of this:

2ihtwBy.jpg

• 1 month later...

Or an additional clan management panel with micro forum / blog where i can send message to the offline players whom not so active. Also have an other idea to add some minor addition to the chat coz the chat sometimes is weird and just annoying. About statistic i don't like them so they can reduce the statistics with a button to hide them or active if i want see.