The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Plz No Resource Alerts >___<

W4RM4CHIN3

Resource alerts are an awesome idea. A guaranteed amount of a certain resource is perfect and can relieve the terrible feel of grinding the same mission over and over to get what you want.

Why would you want to fight Sargus Ruk time and time again, getting 0 orokin cells all the while, when you could do a resource alert and be guaranteed an orokin cell?

I say, trust in DE's judgement. They will find a happy medium just as they did with the new alert system. There is no need to start whining like a bunch of babies when they do a little experiment. This is BETA, people. You have to expect this kind of thing. Give them valuable feedback and back it up with good ideas so that they can fix it the way that everyone would like it. And give a change time before you start to complain.

Resource alerts are an awesome idea. A guaranteed amount of a certain resource is perfect and can relieve the terrible feel of grinding the same mission over and over to get what you want.

Why would you want to fight Sargus Ruk time and time again, getting 0 orokin cells all the while, when you could do a resource alert and be guaranteed an orokin cell?

I say, trust in DE's judgement. They will find a happy medium just as they did with the new alert system. There is no need to start whining like a bunch of babies when they do a little experiment. This is BETA, people. You have to expect this kind of thing. Give them valuable feedback and back it up with good ideas so that they can fix it the way that everyone would like it. And give a change time before you start to complain.

I think a good portion of this thread has been feedback.  :? 

Replace credits with resources (like, 100% replace them) since credits are a useless joke and nobody does those alerts anyways. 

Replace credits with resources (like, 100% replace them) since credits are a useless joke and nobody does those alerts anyways.
Resources should take place of credits in alerts, definitely. Credits are near to worthless now, and that means that noone cares about alerts without "?". Changing credits for resources makes all alerts profitable.

I'd like to point out that credits are hard to come by when you're starting out. Once you have your first full set of gear(weapons, frame, sentinel) and max it out, you stop having credit problems, because you've had enough time to farm them. However, until then, credits are incredibly tight.

I'd say the better system would be to leave credit alerts in Mercury/Venus and then change them to resource alerts for every other planet. This all of course assuming that they don't come up with a long-term use for credits.

Okay, let's say I need 10 orokin cells for Reaper Prime. I got one from alert and that's it, alert is over. Thus boss faming won't go away, that's for sure. And if resource alerts will be almost as rare as ?-alerts, they will be really useless.

DE should listen to people, who suggest to replace credit alerts for resource alerts.

I'd like to point out that credits are hard to come by when you're starting out. Once you have your first full set of gear(weapons, frame, sentinel) and max it out, you stop having credit problems, because you've had enough time to farm them. However, until then, credits are incredibly tight.

I'd say the better system would be to leave credit alerts in Mercury/Venus and then change them to resource alerts for every other planet. This all of course assuming that they don't come up with a long-term use for credits.

I'll take your compromise and raise you a solution.

What if credit rewards - also gave resources.  

*mind blown*

*brains painted all over the wall and ceiling* 

JHarlequin, on 30 Jul 2013 - 6:52 PM, said:

A bit of an aggressive statement about someone making a proactive statement. Still, everyone has their points. Roughly, would you appreciate resource alerts if they are making other "blueprint" alerts more rare.

We don't know just how the alert system is selecting resource alerts. If it is a selection instead of a blueprint alert like catalysts, reactors, or the helms, then it is making rare items that we are waiting for even more rare. If it can happen in addition to those alerts, or is selected completely separately from the picks that determine the timing of those alerts, then people won't mind them.

Many people really would prefer resource alerts for some of the rare resources because it is getting tiring to farm some of them. But we wouldn't want resource alerts if they make more important alerts happen less often.

Aggressive? Hardly, and I would prefer large sums of Resources that are painful to farm instead of some blueprints for bad weapons that I already have.

As a sidenote: Many of you are saying they should replace credits with Resources instead.. No, that's wrong, new players will have a hard time getting credits to start building weapons since it's 15000 + to craft stuff, many of you are past that time, but in the start you will be very low on cash, and it does not drop in big sums from normal missions. Don't just think about Veterans, new players will ALWAYS be there, and it needs to be balanced between both, Actually between 3, The Veteran, The Casual player and the New player.

Edited by tatcher

Really who needs 2k credits? do a void run you get 10x that. Inb4noobscan'tgetintovoid ...run 5 rounds of io,xini,etc

Check region/Recruitment chat. You'd be surprised how many people look for a group to join void runs T1/2/3s...

Edited by W4RM4CHIN3

Inb4noobscan'tgetintovoid ...run 5 rounds of io,xini,etc
Check region/Recruitment chat. You'd be surprised how many people look for a group to join void runs T1/2/3s...

2 things.

#1 most new players tend to stay solo until they feel they're forced to play multiplayer and thus will not be looking at region chat(hell I bet most won't even know where to find region chat).

#2 Newbs consist of more than just people that have access to io and xini. I'm talking about people at the mercury/venus level. You don't even need to get into the void. The people at the very beginning of the game don't have access to io and xini, however, it does take them 10-15 runs of their content to get enough credits to make something. However, once it is made, they will have more than enough credits to make a full set of weapons before they max that newly crafted weapon.  Try to follow the logic.

Beginning is before Eris and an Pluto, boy.

I'll take your compromise and raise you a solution.

What if credit rewards - also gave resources.  

*mind blown*

*brains painted all over the wall and ceiling* 

This. Credit alerts are useless because they don't give anything, so make them all give resources. 

2 things.

#1 most new players tend to stay solo until they feel they're forced to play multiplayer and thus will not be looking at region chat(hell I bet most won't even know where to find region chat).

#2 Newbs consist of more than just people that have access to io and xini. I'm talking about people at the mercury/venus level. You don't even need to get into the void. The people at the very beginning of the game don't have access to io and xini, however, it does take them 10-15 runs of their content to get enough credits to make something. However, once it is made, they will have more than enough credits to make a full set of weapons before they max that newly crafted weapon.  Try to follow the logic.

Beginning is before Eris and an Pluto, boy.

Ummm so basically the whole game revolves around new players ok. 

The whiners are basing their opinions on assumptions.

They think adding these resource alerts are removing opportunities for other alerts which they maybe still demanding.

e.g Alternate Helmets, Vauban parts, Auras.....

Right only skimmed through a majority of the posts, but I think I understand the jist. So basically one-side thinks that "?" alerts are getting nerfed because of the chance of a resource alert popping up instead? ;o

Well, I'd rather get resources than to see what the past few BP's have been. I probably miss many of them due to not playing the game 100% of the day; but well the past few that I've seen circulating have almost always been some kind of dagger; or it's sword counterpart. I think over the past few days it's been either Ceramic dagger, Heat dagger/sword, or Dark dagger/sword. I'm pretty sure those aren't the only weapon BPs that were shown but those seemed to be the most prominent to be shown when I was awake to see it.

For those pesky credit alerts; i'd say if they bump the base amount to at least 6k; most people will run them since they'll be easier than having to trudge through a Void mission in most cases.

I agree that these resource missions, if they really are giving only 1 of the resource, that they should definitely increase it to at least 5 if not more to make it worth the effort.

Edited by Ddublu

Meh. People jumping to conclusions without knowledge is dumb. Not understanding the information given is even more stupid. I don't know the details so I won't say anything, but this minor general comment. I want resource alerts. It's nice even though I no longer need any resources what-so-ever.  Unless I want to make formas or potatoes, but I have an overflow of those mats. Especially after that short weekend event of rare mat drops ;3.

What I'm tired of seeing is credit only alerts. I guess that's only people like me that have this ridiculously huge overflow of credits and have nothing to do with them. Honestly if they could just have credits with material as the permanent would be great. While keeping the "?" alerts at the rates they're going now.

They should award both credits AND Materials on the same alert.

Problem solved :P

makes so much more sense, As for the BP alerts..............I don't think they would be affected, pretty sure the Mat Alerts are a differant table.

Edited by Sgt_Bilko

They should award both credits AND Materials on the same alert.

Problem solved :P

makes so much more sense, As for the BP alerts..............I don't think they would be affected, pretty sure the Mat Alerts are a differant table.

They count as ? alerts, and last about 1 hour. When they appear on game they have ?. Which means no other alert appears for a full hour = takes place of a rare alert. Get it now?

Edited by W4RM4CHIN3

They count as ? alerts, and last about 1 hour. When they appear on game they have ?. Which means no other alert appears for a full hour = takes place of a rare alert. Get it now?

I get that you are upset about this and I'm pretty sure that DE has said somewhere that these would not decrease the chances of the BP alerts.

That's why i assume they are part of a different drop table.

Here's a thought.

You know in the last live stream Steve was jabbering on about yin/yang and how he wants the tenno to be able to shape what we are, i.e. which side of light and dark we lean to, well maybe the resource alerts could be incorporated into this. Need more Nuerodes you side with Coprus, need more C-Mods you side with Grineer etc.. Though there would need to be consequences for the choices we make.

Anyway, just a thought.