Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player:first Week Complete:thoughts, Reviews, And Suggestions.

Bakercompany86

Well sort of but that is kind of a straw man coming from DE.  You can easily lock gear behind mastery ranks and perhaps put other requirements on it (i.e. must defeat the boss who drops X bp before you can use that frame).  BAM problem solved.  

DE is literally just trying to stretch out what they have because adding new content is long, tedious, and expensive and they themselves have said they're unhappy with how fast people burn through it.  

I think DE almost painted themselves into a corner and bit off more than they wanted to chew.

You have beautifully detailed levels that probably take a lot of times to design and create.  At the same, the high speed gameplay that this game revolves around causes players to absolutely tear through content.

We almost need Ninja Warrior type parkour arenas with defense mechanics in a much more involving way.  Not simply "protect this from this", but throw in other objectives etc.

Anyway, loads of ideas here.  I must reach endgame and I'll come up with some ideas.

oh no in fact i did read it fully.

let say fusion. you know when i saw fusion button my first though was hmmm... those mods have different symbols what if i fuse mods with same symbols first and then will try to fuse mods with different symbols. experiment. fun. - you are asking fot tutorial. see the difference between us? also you idea of ui modification with x2 x3 for duplicates is just wrong.

shield halved on ice maps. "you shield will take a hit from a cold" © Lotus. My first though wth? and when i saw amount of shields i have for mission it is become clear to me. - funny right. you only learned that here.

Stealth kills. I don't even wanna go there. You are simply wrong.

matchmaking. well you can see loadout and frames from tim to time, devs are working. there is also chat in this game if you want to try yourself in coordination of four random guys who many or may not speak english. good luck. you can also use voice ingame... just saying. and what about online-host option? no? alright.

defense. no juts NO. ever saw frost or vauban in action? no? why you give a feedback? if you can't handle higher waves don't go there.

Foundry. no thoughts about building couple of boltos at the same time? no? alright.

Trading. You know i am misssing Flow right now for my Volt. It is the only mod i am missing for him. However if chances are that some guy will have it and i will have mod he is interested in. It is a good idea to trade them after the mission. Know why? Because there is no Flow for me for 1.5 months.

PVP. don't even start.

Melee combat.

1) aim better

2)Blocking. yes blocking. you use that a lot, because evil Ancients like to tentacle you without flowers and chocolate on the first date. They drain your shields and energy. and if you block they can't do that in two strikes.

You are obviously not guy who made there a post... about how to fuse, how to equip mods etc. That case is clinical and not treatable. You indeed was playing this game. I give you that. However your entire feedback have only one good thing. The fact that you noticed that warframe never becomes transparent. This is really is an issue. Because you can have other player behind you, which in fact will ruin your aim and overview. The rest is lacking experience, which puts you in the position where you can't suggest anything really.

Also you are basically pleading for detailed tutorial, you want it chewed and put in your mouth. Oh come on, what about a desire to learn new things by yourself? sad really.

You sound really angry, for no reason at all....

I still think you missed the purpose of this feedback.

I completely disagree with just about all of your points.

2)Blocking. yes blocking. you use that a lot, because evil Ancients like to tentacle you without flowers and chocolate on the first date. They drain your shields and energy. and if you block they can't do that in two strikes.

I don't agree with most of your post nor your attitude towards new players but this cracked me up and I will including it in my profile. 

You sound really angry, for no reason at all....

I still think you missed the purpose of this feedback.

I completely disagree with just about all of your points.

Sad thing is, he's totally right. After one darn week you have no right to write a feedback. And certainly not one like this. Degrading and spoiled. Those two things are the only thing that most people think when they read your thread. Yes, I've read it all. And in all honesty? I recommend you uninstall the game. You lack creativity and self-help, you want everything explained immediately. What are you, a 5-year-old kid? Besides, there IS a foundry tutorial. Pvp is implemented in the dojos. We do need trade. And seriously, stop being such a child and explore the game. You will rethink everything you just wrote after a month of gameplay. I've been here since open beta, so I know what I'm talking about. Now go and play, then after two months, return here.

@ Relkin You don't? have you ever been in the position when runner is exploding near you. stagger effect you know? and evil ancient ready to strike you with tough love? only block can save your energy in this situation. How long are you playing oh GrandMaster? 100-120 hours? What is your rank?(well that is a *@##$ing but still a valid point)

As for you TS, well you know it is always funny to read some ideas from a guys who were playing a game for a very short time. They also tend to give feedbacks... a lot. Missing one major detail, that they are lacking overall experience and knowledge to actually give feedbacks.

Like your pvp suggestions. What weapons and frames do you have to even consider that you are qualified enough to talk about this possible aspect of the game?

As for angry attitude? No not really. I am just messing you, trying to make you see that it is ok to give feedback about how game plays at your first week. But also you should understand that the very fact that you are playing one week is making your feedback, ideas and suggestions flawed.

Edited by Althix

Sad thing is, he's totally right. After one darn week you have no right to write a feedback. And certainly not one like this. Degrading and spoiled. Those two things are the only thing that most people think when they read your thread. Yes, I've read it all. And in all honesty? I recommend you uninstall the game. You lack creativity and self-help, you want everything explained immediately. What are you, a 5-year-old kid? Besides, there IS a foundry tutorial. Pvp is implemented in the dojos. We do need trade. And seriously, stop being such a child and explore the game. You will rethink everything you just wrote after a month of gameplay. I've been here since open beta, so I know what I'm talking about. Now go and play, then after two months, return here.

Thank you for a completely angry misplaced take on genuine feedback.  Your post was completely worthless and offered no useful information.

I'm glad you're both self-proclaimed masters of video games and Warframe specifically.

I happen to disagree, and think you are both completely wrong.  Thank you for your input, but it will be thoroughly disregarded as both of you clearly missed everything the feedback was about and misinterpreted every single suggestion.

You both have clearly exercised an extreme lack of knowledge on how both the Beta process and development process work entirely.  

@ Relkin You don't? have you ever been in the position when runner is exploding near you. stagger effect you know? and evil ancient ready to strike you with tough love? only block can save your energy in this situation. How long are you playing oh GrandMaster? 100-120 hours? What is your rank?(well that is a *@##$ing but still a valid point)

As for you TS, well you know it is always funny to read some ideas from a guys who were playing a game for a very short time. They also tend to give feedbacks... a lot. Missing one major detail, that they are lacking overall experience and knowledge to actually give feedbacks.

Like your pvp suggestions. What weapons and frames do you have to even consider that you are qualified enough to talk about this possible aspect of the game?

As for angry attitude? No not really. I am just messing you, trying to make you see that it is ok to give feedback about how game plays at your first week. But also you should understand that the very fact that you are playing one week is making your feedback, ideas and suggestions flawed.

Clearly you think your play time in this game is the end-all, and you are the master of everything Warframe Development.

I have to disagree, strongly.

The suggestions put forth within my feedback review go beyond your education and gameplay experience, clearly.  I would suggest you do not partake in this thread any longer.

Also you are basically pleading for detailed tutorial, you want it chewed and put in your mouth. Oh come on, what about a desire to learn new things by yourself? sad really.

What's wrong with you? You're attacking the guy for giving some feedback as if he needs to play 200 hours before he's allowed to say anything. It's good for DE to hear the thoughts of a new player. It's very good feedback, even if I don't entirely agree with it all. I've played for hundreds of hours. He's played for a week. This is good for DE, actually. You may think he's missing info and so therefore his feedback is flawed, but this is also a good thing for DE to see. Actually, I know a lot of people who quit after a week or two with the game. Maybe their feedback is important, whether they liked the game or not. It's good for DE to read this, and more so for them to know the person's background. He seems to be quite cordial in his replies, too. You're the one with the issue. He actually accepts things after people explain them. The only annoying newb critics are the ones who demand a lot, act like they know it all, and won't budge even though they've only played a little. This is not the same as the OP.

You made him sound like he needs to know everything about the Foundry to talk about it. He didn't mention improving the Foundry by letting us craft multiple things of the same type at the same time. So what? This is your feedback, but don't expect everyone to have the same.

He may not be super experienced with the game, but he seems to already echo much of the forum's ambivalence to pvp. Still, it's early feedback and should be taken as that. Why do you have to keep questioning his input? We know he's new, he knows he's new, and DE will know it if they read it. Can he be allowed to give his feedback now?

You see. you are the one who is angry. Just look at post #31.

@gell No, he is feedback is rather good. I can't deny it. But he is still giving a suggestions on the matters he have not a clue about. So i gently asked him to play more, so he could see things from a different angle.

Edited by Althix

What's wrong with you? You're attacking the guy for giving some feedback as if he needs to play 200 hours before he's allowed to say anything. It's good for DE to hear the thoughts of a new player. It's very good feedback, even if I don't entirely agree with it all. I've played for hundreds of hours. He's played for a week. This is good for DE, actually. You may think he's missing info and so therefore his feedback is flawed, but this is also a good thing for DE to see. Actually, I know a lot of people who quit after a week or two with the game. Maybe their feedback is important, whether they liked the game or not. It's good for DE to read this, and more so for them to know the person's background. He seems to be quite cordial in his replies, too. You're the one with the issue. He actually accepts things after people explain them. The only annoying newb critics are the ones who demand a lot, act like they know it all, and won't budge even though they've only played a little. This is not the same as the OP.

You made him sound like he needs to know everything about the Foundry to talk about it. He didn't mention improving the Foundry by letting us craft multiple things of the same type at the same time. So what? This is your feedback, but don't expect everyone to have the same.

He may not be super experienced with the game, but he seems to already echo much of the forum's ambivalence to pvp. Still, it's early feedback and should be taken as that. Why do you have to keep questioning his input? We know he's new, he knows he's new, and DE will know it if they read it. Can he be allowed to give his feedback now?

Masterful reply, and dead on point.

The PVP suggestions are purely from what I've read on this forum.  From players who are very for it, and very against it.  My suggestion was a neutral approach of how to incorporate it and please everyone.  Its a known fact that if you read these forums for just one day, you'll see people claiming how certain frames demolish in PVP and others fail greatly.  

However due to their comments on my suggestions, it's clear to me they briefly skimmed over my post, got angry, and threw up a useless response.

New player feedback like this is crucial.  You have to remember when someone joins this game for the first time, they're not automatically gifted with the knowledge of everything in the game.

Well made tutorials aren't a crutch.  It's not "I want everything handed to me with no effort" like they took it.  Clearly they missed the part where I mentioned not even seeing the fusion meter until almost the end of my first week.  Small tweaks to the GUI can make all of the difference and keep new players flowing into the game.  That means more money for DE, more content, and longevity to your game.  

Other suggestions are based off of over 20 years of video game playing.  What I've seen that makes a good game, and what I've seen make a bad one.

But again, their comments have no place in this forum.

Constructive feedback is very welcome, you'll see that I receive it very well.  Such as the Ice Stage information not being a bug.

But they can lash out and call me a noob all they want, it's just a waste of bits across the internet.

see his suggestion about pvp based on what he read on forum and not from personal experience.

ah yes 20 years and you couldn't figure out why your shield are halved? mmmmmmhm

Edited by Althix

lol if he has no right to provide feedback with just one week of playtime, then see his first impressions when almost literally JUST STARTED playing.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/84988-new-player-initial-thoughts/

It's heads-and-shoulders better feedback than your average new Tenno clamoring about "P2W buy everything markey" and "No PvP so this game will die".

And "Go play some more" isn't good advice. If someone missed seeing something, you point it out and shed some light on it so that he sees. Not tell him to grope around in the dark more until they find it. if it's already in the game, point where it can be found. If it's a well-discussed topic, point to the relevant discussion. If it was mentioned by DEvs in a FAQ/ Hot Topic/ Livestream, state that it was so.

Remember, only -you- can prevent forest fires.

see his suggestion about pvp based on what he read on forum and not from personal experience.

ah yes 20 years and you couldn't figure out why your shield are halved? mmmmmmhm

His suggestion was based on info gleaned from community reaction about the topic. He wasn't asking for it to be implemented "because people said so", just pointed out a possible solution.

PVP:

I could care less if PVP was ever implemented in this game.  I know some want it, some don't.  If you were to implement this, I fear it would take an entirely separate stat set for all warframes/weapons/mods for it to be balanced.  A stat set that was only engaged when players are in PVP games, and immediately replaced by normal stats on PVE missions.

This game doesn't need PVP to survive.  Would it benefit you much later on?  Sure.  PVE players never have to participate in PVP if they do not wish, and vice versa.

IF you ever did PVP, this game needs Conquest/Capture the Flag type game modes, and people will play them forever.  But again, PVP requires an entirely different stat set, and probably alterations to abilities.

EDIT:  About Shields on Ice Levels:  I never heard the Lotus say that, I must need to turn my volume up a bit ;)  Interesting gameplay aspect though, I like it.

Most games with Lotus-kind of advice gets boring quickly, as these canned lines are repeated ad nauseam.

It was kinda OP's fault that he didn't pay attention to Lotus, or was playing at lower volume levels. But that has nothing to do with how old he is, or past experiences.

Edited by Shion963

It is not your feedback what makes people go furious. It is your attitude. You sir are an arrogant $&*^head. And you fail to see that like Justin Bieber fails to see he needs to stop his 'career.'. Period. Get experience and get your &#! back on the forums after, kind sir.

You see. you are the one who is angry. Just look at post #31.

@gell No, he is feedback is rather good. I can't deny it. But he is still giving a suggestions on the matters he have not a clue about. So i gently asked him to play more, so he could see things from a different angle.

If you think post #31 is angry...you have no idea what "angry" is.

And you just said my feedback is good, when earlier you called it garbage.  Again I feel that you have no place in this forum, and I'd appreciate if you stop commenting in it.  You are only consuming space on this forum with useless pointless comments that serve no purpose but to degrade my post.  Make your suggestions constructive and maybe add some intelligent counter argument.

However you continue to miss the point of my feedback.  All of my suggestions can benefit new players and veterans, in my opinion.  However it's mostly aimed at creating a polished product that is appealing and well made.  It has nothing to do with spoiling players or handing the game to them.  As I mentioned (and you missed) I've figured it all out on my own.

But if you want new players who aren't like me to find this game appealing and want to continue to play it, you will help refine the experience.

You want the game to be fun and appealing, not frustrating and confusing.  Is a well made fusion tutorial a horrible suggestion?  You seem to think so =/

It is not your feedback what makes people go furious. It is your attitude. You sir are an arrogant $&*^head. And you fail to see that like Justin Bieber fails to see he needs to stop his 'career.'. Period. Get experience and get your &#! back on the forums after, kind sir.

Your posts are confusing and irrelevant.  They serve no purpose but to derail and berate this thread.  I would appreciate if you cease posting in this thread unless you come up with something constructive and useful.

So far you've only posted angry retorts, as if someone is trying to change "your baby".

As for your feedback, OP, people seemed to address most of your post.

Trading is something DE is really taking seriously so the game doesn't end up with tons of exploits, gold farmers, etc. They talked to Valve (who run Steam) and Valve said they definitely have to have trading, so they are exploring how to make it all work. Given how long it's taken for them to release any implementation of this, I think they are at least working something out that will satisfy their conditions. DE knows that once they introduce it, that's it. Prices change, values change, scarcities change, and game flow changes.

I know you're accepting of this, so I'll say that some things are just things you'll discover as you play, and that's okay. The melee  you talked about: you're still new to it and your feedback on some of that will change after you get more weapons. i.e. the ground-executions are manually triggered by you, but you seem unsure of how this works. You'll learn soon enough. The advancing attacks thing annoys most players though, and is common feedback to remove it or at least change it somewhat.

More end game is coming. DE has talked about this somewhat, and they're always expanding on content as well. It's just slow going to introduce a new gameplay type or game flow so that stuff comes a bit slower than a few new weapons, enemies, and maps. One thing they mentioned was they might be tinkering with something like "Unreal Tournament's Assault mode." We'll see what comes of it, but more end game is coming.

The defense mission's core does die a little fast, but it also keeps people on their toes. Maps are quite varied, and I think you'll find as you play more,  you'll see more of these maps you're pining for. More cover, perches, map flow. DE has stated that this is their first pass at endless defense mission maps, and they were keeping it simple at first. Also, DE is not above replacing maps entirely, or map segments since most of the game's missions are dynamically generated like prefab rooms. 

Good feedback overall. People will always give a new player a hard time when the new player has feedback or critiques. Your attitude was fine until you got attacked, then you did get a little jerkish. :P Not sure why people are saying you're a $&*^ though, because the first counter points to your post were met cordially and you even conceded a few points. I see that as someone who accepts counter points with an open mind. So far, anyone calling you a $&*^ hasn't given any sort of proper feedback.

As for your feedback, OP, people seemed to address most of your post.

Trading is something DE is really taking seriously so the game doesn't end up with tons of exploits, gold farmers, etc. They talked to Valve (who run Steam) and Valve said they definitely have to have trading, so they are exploring how to make it all work. Given how long it's taken for them to release any implementation of this, I think they are at least working something out that will satisfy their conditions. DE knows that once they introduce it, that's it. Prices change, values change, scarcities change, and game flow changes.

I know you're accepting of this, so I'll say that some things are just things you'll discover as you play, and that's okay. The melee  you talked about: you're still new to it and your feedback on some of that will change after you get more weapons. i.e. the ground-executions are manually triggered by you, but you seem unsure of how this works. You'll learn soon enough. The advancing attacks thing annoys most players though, and is common feedback to remove it or at least change it somewhat.

More end game is coming. DE has talked about this somewhat, and they're always expanding on content as well. It's just slow going to introduce a new gameplay type or game flow so that stuff comes a bit slower than a few new weapons, enemies, and maps. One thing they mentioned was they might be tinkering with something like "Unreal Tournament's Assault mode." We'll see what comes of it, but more end game is coming.

The defense mission's core does die a little fast, but it also keeps people on their toes. Maps are quite varied, and I think you'll find as you play more,  you'll see more of these maps you're pining for. More cover, perches, map flow. DE has stated that this is their first pass at endless defense mission maps, and they were keeping it simple at first. Also, DE is not above replacing maps entirely, or map segments since most of the game's missions are dynamically generated like prefab rooms. 

Good feedback overall. People will always give a new player a hard time when the new player has feedback or critiques. Your attitude was fine until you got attacked, then you did get a little jerkish. :P Not sure why people are saying you're a $&*^ though, because the first counter points to your post were met cordially and you even conceded a few points. I see that as someone who accepts counter points with an open mind. So far, anyone calling you a $&*^ hasn't given any sort of proper feedback.

It usually takes a lot to get me irritated.  That's why you see my posts go from cordial, to irritated, and then back to "please stop posting useless comments".

Thank you for the tips.

As far as the ground impale:  I know this is manually triggered.  What seems to happen is the enemy will slightly slide out of your reach or just out of the range of the move.  When you advance on them to complete the execution it seems like it works half the time, and doesn't the other half.  Sorry, I should have clarified that a bit more.

I know the advancing melee strikes irritates many people, so I added it due to my own personal experience with it.

The defense core as I mentioned previously does take damage fast, but also regenerates fast.  It's meant to be destroyed if you're not paying attention, but if you're running around like you should be it's easy to stay on top of it.  It takes a more coordinated team to pay attention to the health of the reactor, and when you see it going down it's time to start circling.  That much I understand.

My suggestion was more to the benefit of DE.  As a developer, you want people to spend time in your game without mindless extensions.  I feel like the average of 5-10 waves is doing a disservice to Warframe.  By lowering the rate of drops, and increasing the time, we get to play more and get more experience, and they get players to stay in their game longer.  This is purely opinion though, as it works in it's current implementation.

Open Trading is what i'm against.  It was mentioned by someone else to do a current-session only poker style trading (that's what DE was considering anyway).  I think it would work.

It's the gold farmer types that I want to avoid explicitly.

Thank you for your input.

Edited by Bakercompany86

lol if he has no right to provide feedback with just one week of playtime, then see his first impressions when almost literally JUST STARTED playing.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/84988-new-player-initial-thoughts/

It's heads-and-shoulders better feedback than your average new Tenno clamoring about "P2W buy everything markey" and "No PvP so this game will die".

And "Go play some more" isn't good advice. If someone missed seeing something, you point it out and shed some light on it so that he sees. Not tell him to grope around in the dark more until they find it. if it's already in the game, point where it can be found. If it's a well-discussed topic, point to the relevant discussion. If it was mentioned by DEvs in a FAQ/ Hot Topic/ Livestream, state that it was so.

Remember, only -you- can prevent forest fires.

His suggestion was based on info gleaned from community reaction about the topic. He wasn't asking for it to be implemented "because people said so", just pointed out a possible solution.

Most games with Lotus-kind of advice gets boring quickly, as these canned lines are repeated ad nauseam.

It was kinda OP's fault that he didn't pay attention to Lotus, or was playing at lower volume levels. But that has nothing to do with how old he is, or past experiences.

This post, makes me want to run in circles and high five the world.

This is what I meant by paying attention to the details of my post(s).

And he's exactly right, I have a bad habit of tuning out things like Lotus.  They typically end up being canned phrases of little significance to the game.  So clearly I had already tuned her out by my first ice level.  Lesson learned.

TBH I generally don't get up close to ancients until I've locked them so blocking is still kind of poopy for me.  I actually don't even have blocking mapped anymore lol I use that for PTT on vent ^_^

Been playing at least 120 hours although I think more - I'd have to check in game stats or Raptr.   I'm only MR 5 lol you wouldn't believe how many hours I've logged on my burstron and cronus :3 I've only just now started trying to actively raise my mastery.  Also, I've been playing since CBT :D

so. what i should remove my person from a forum because you asked not nicely? you gotta be kidding.

you see your feedback on stealth kills is biased simply because you don't have a weapon that can kill with single strike. So... you see my point?

Fusion. My man, you don't even bothered to read wiki or experiment with your mods. Not mention that you didn't even bothered to explore menus when start playing.

You know it's like buying a car. You get in. you adjust your seat, mirrors, you drive a car and if you like it you buy it. Same with games, you adjust graphics, you learn controls, you explore buttons and menus. Well i do that. Perhaps you should have done it as well. Not to mention that mod cards system is a gems system from another game.

Your matchmaking comments have no sense at all. You can't tell random guys what to do. Especially if you are level 17 loki with Mk-1 Braton. And on higher levels people actually know what they are doing... for the most part. Aslo why no comments on voice chat in this game?

Foundry. i understand that you will craft dual vipers one day, and in this very moment a question why i can't build two vipers at once will come to your mind. But as it now you are missing it in your feedback.

Your trading system feedback is a total garbage and why i have already mentioned in my previous post.

Defense feedback is wrong as well. Especially comment about core hp and how fast it goes down.

PVP. again. if you didn't experienced it on your own skin, don't even dare to comment on that subject. Because in this game pvp will not live. because weapons damage is too huge for even fully tanked rhino to handle. Not to mention that game have a warframe that can't die. Tenno are dying to another tenno in seconds. Like in two seconds. There is no wallruns, no sliding, nothing. There is only a short burst from a braton.

Melee. Melee have issues, but not the ones you mentioned.

Your backstab feedback is also makes little to none sense, because i am doing it just fine and i don't need a menu to pop up and tell me that i can do a backstab. I know i can.

What is your weapon now? Skana? Cronus? i am using Fang and i am doing fine with hitting enemies.

Blocking, blocking is fine as it is. There is very few situations however when you can use it. This is not Dark Souls. You decapitating enemies from a wallrun, cutting their legs by sliding attacks or simply killing them close and personal. Blocking is a nice feature, not a center piece of melee combat gameplay. And melee combat also is not very useful unless you are Ash or Loki.

And your endgame comment is just a joke. Someone can call EDs a endgame content and i hope that this is not true. Because EDs is boring like i don't know what. More MDs to the masses! However you have mentioned what? PVP? again? have you defeated another tenno already? no. i thought so. And reasons why there is no pvp in this game i have already stated above.

and overall conclusion:

learn to endure critics, your opinion as it now biased and wrong in many ways. however you trying to act as i am a bad guy and you are poor soul nobody understands. trust me we do. more than you think. and acting like a prick is not the way to handle difficulties when somebody don't see your "right" opinion as correct one.

My suggestion was more to the benefit of DE.  As a developer, you want people to spend time in your game without mindless extensions.  I feel like the average of 5-10 waves is doing a disservice to Warframe.  By lowering the rate of drops, and increasing the time, we get to play more and get more experience, and they get players to stay in their game longer. 

Ok, so....I'm so conflicted.

The good: "Without mindless extensions"  Yes, please.  Too much of this game is just mindless sameness with little content and artificially extended progression.

The bad: "By lowering the rate of drops, and increasing the time, we get to play more.....get players to stay in their game longer." 

O.K. this directly contradicts the good point as it IS a mindless extension.  Trust me, very quickly those round 30 waves will be laughable.  Along with everything else.  RNG is the worst possible way a developer can "extend content".  It serves little purpose other than making a player do the same thing over and over and over so the devs have to publish less content.  This punishes the player for playing the game.  RNG also has no measurable progress which is also frustrating to the player.  It's an unhealthy crutch that we need less of not more.  Lowering drop rates will only serve to further compound the issue.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want everything just handed to me but I don't want to do the same thing over and over until its boring and still not "progress" at all.  We need a system with measurable progress and a variety of challenges.  It also needs to be fair (Locking gear behind T3 Def is BS - 50 minutes of that S#&$ show for a CHANCE at getting the BP or paris part you need?) 

Ok, so....I'm so conflicted.

The good: "Without mindless extensions"  Yes, please.  Too much of this game is just mindless sameness with little content and artificially extended progression.

The bad: "By lowering the rate of drops, and increasing the time, we get to play more.....get players to stay in their game longer." 

O.K. this directly contradicts the good point as it IS a mindless extension.  Trust me, very quickly those round 30 waves will be laughable.  Along with everything else.  RNG is the worst possible way a developer can "extend content".  It serves little purpose other than making a player do the same thing over and over and over so the devs have to publish less content.  This punishes the player for playing the game.  RNG also has no measurable progress which is also frustrating to the player.  It's an unhealthy crutch that we need less of not more.  Lowering drop rates will only serve to further compound the issue.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want everything just handed to me but I don't want to do the same thing over and over until its boring and still not "progress" at all.  We need a system with measurable progress and a variety of challenges.  It also needs to be fair (Locking gear behind T3 Def is BS - 50 minutes of that S#&$ show for a CHANCE at getting the BP or paris part you need?) 

I can understand your concern.  Let me rethink how to better word that.  It was less of an unnecessary extension, more of a way to keep it fun and intense longer.  Similar to Horde Mode in Gears of War 3, which in my opinion mastered the endless defense gameplay.

Now let me address the post above you....

"so. what i should remove my person from a forum because you asked not nicely? you gotta be kidding."

No, you should remove yourself from this forum if you have nothing constructive to contribute.  You are counter-complaining, and I wasn't even complaining.

"you see your feedback on stealth kills is biased simply because you don't have a weapon that can kill with single strike. So... you see my point?"

I understand what DE's vision is, and that you can insta-gib with a higher powered weapon.  This also kills stealth gameplay at lower levels, makes it pointless actually.  In my opinion.  Might as well just start shooting them in the face.

"Fusion. My man, you don't even bothered to read wiki or experiment with your mods. Not mention that you didn't even bothered to explore menus when start playing.

You know it's like buying a car. You get in. you adjust your seat, mirrors, you drive a car and if you like it you buy it. Same with games, you adjust graphics, you learn controls, you explore buttons and menus. Well i do that. Perhaps you should have done it as well. Not to mention that mod cards system is a gems system from another game."

What part of my post said I don't understand the fusion aspect?  Actually, I'm pretty sure it says "I figured it out".  But elements of the GUI are under-toned and can be overlooked easily (as I mentioned with the power bar).  Never once did I complain about the mod system in this game.  PLEASE stop commenting, or read my post until you understand it.  You are clogging a constructive forum with irrelevant information.  It's like you saying I'm complaining about it raining, but I've been inside all along...

"Your matchmaking comments have no sense at all. You can't tell random guys what to do. Especially if you are level 17 loki with Mk-1 Braton. And on higher levels people actually know what they are doing... for the most part. Aslo why no comments on voice chat in this game?"

Another sentence that tells me you misinterpreted my entire post.

"Foundry. i understand that you will craft dual vipers one day, and in this very moment a question why i can't build two vipers at once will come to your mind. But as it now you are missing it in your feedback."

My feedback is not all inclusive. 

"Your trading system feedback is a total garbage and why i have already mentioned in my previous post."

What trading system feedback?  There is no trading system to give feedback on.  An element must exist for feedback to be generated.  That is a request, tempered by the ideas that already exist within the community and developers.

"Defense feedback is wrong as well. Especially comment about core hp and how fast it goes down."

I love your attention to detail here.  Nothing helps people form better ideas than "you are wrong".

"PVP. again. if you didn't experienced it on your own skin, don't even dare to comment on that subject. Because in this game pvp will not live. because weapons damage is too huge for even fully tanked rhino to handle. Not to mention that game have a warframe that can't die. Tenno are dying to another tenno in seconds. Like in two seconds. There is no wallruns, no sliding, nothing. There is only a short burst from a braton."

Once again, completely misreading and misinterpreting the post.  I can clearly see that English is not your first language, and I don't fault you for that in the slightest.  But you're complaining about things I didn't really say.

"Melee. Melee have issues, but not the ones you mentioned.

Your backstab feedback is also makes little to none sense, because i am doing it just fine and i don't need a menu to pop up and tell me that i can do a backstab. I know i can.

What is your weapon now? Skana? Cronus? i am using Fang and i am doing fine with hitting enemies.

Blocking, blocking is fine as it is. There is very few situations however when you can use it. This is not Dark Souls. You decapitating enemies from a wallrun, cutting their legs by sliding attacks or simply killing them close and personal. Blocking is a nice feature, not a center piece of melee combat gameplay. And melee combat also is not very useful unless you are Ash or Loki."

I'm confused on how you got "decapitating enemies during a wall run" from "parry and riposte".  Also, you cannot decapitate enemies during a wall run in Dark Souls.  Nor can you wall run.  Nor can you decapitate enemies.

"And your endgame comment is just a joke. Someone can call EDs a endgame content and i hope that this is not true. Because EDs is boring like i don't know what. More MDs to the masses! However you have mentioned what? PVP? again? have you defeated another tenno already? no. i thought so. And reasons why there is no pvp in this game i have already stated above."

I'm confused on the PVP relation to this comment.  

Regardless:  Endless Defense type game modes add something called infinite replayability.  It's why people still play Gears of War 2 Horde Mode today.  It's repetitive in the GOOD sense.

"and overall conclusion:

learn to endure critics, your opinion as it now biased and wrong in many ways. however you trying to act as i am a bad guy and you are poor soul nobody understands. trust me we do. more than you think. and acting like a prick is not the way to handle difficulties when somebody don't see your "right" opinion as correct one."

I actually think everyone understands my posts, except you.  There is no right or wrong opinions, there are only "opinions".  In no way have I said everything in my post is law, carved in stone.  Where are you getting this?

I can endure critics, just not morons.

Edited by Bakercompany86

I can understand your concern. Let me rethink how to better word that. It was less of an unnecessary extension, more of a way to keep it fun and intense longer. Similar to Horde Mode in Gears of War 3, which in my opinion mastered the endless defense gameplay.

Now let me address the post above you....

Look. I'll try to be reasonable this time. You have gotten to wave...10? If I recall correctly? That equals the threshold of Loki. But once you have a team of Frost, Nova, Vauban and Ash, all with rank 30, upgraded(potatoed) weapons, they will simply laugh till wave 40-50. Trust me, Loki is horrid for Defense.

Then about PvP. First, you have to enter a clan. Then, another player can duel you. That's all the PvP available and I hope that's all that's going to remain. Why? Because, as stated previousley, this game is made for PvE. Tenno VS Tenno is not balanced at all. And it won't be.

Stealth. Again I must quote a previous post. You have no good weapon for backstabbing. Yet. Nor the right mod to make it an instant kill in most cases. If you had a pair of Ether daggers with a maxed out "Killing Blow" mod, trust me, up to level 30-40 you'd instantly kill everything.

Then about your experience. I took my time to check out your profile. And I saw you had only 15 hours of gameplay, with a mere 44 completed mission count and stock weapons except for the Cronus. First of all: 15 hours are by far not enough to see the game. Try making other weapons, warframes and sentinels and experience what the game has to offer. Wanna go stealthy? Get Ash, a Shade, the Paris and the Kunai with a dagger of your choice. Mod it correctly and you'll be able to do full stealth runs-given that you're alone in your mission. 2 people are easier to get spotted than one. Second, try www.warframe.wikia.com for info about like...everything. That's all I have to say.

Edited by Nazgul999

Look. I'll try to be reasonable this time. You have gotten to wave...10? If I recall correctly? That equals the threshold of Loki. But once you have a team of Frost, Nova, Vauban and Ash, all with rank 30, upgraded(potatoed) weapons, they will simply laugh till wave 40-50. Trust me, Loki is horrid for Defense.

Then about PvP. First, you have to enter a clan. Then, another player can duel you. That's all the PvP available and I hope that's all that's going to remain. Why? Because, as stated previousley, this game is made for PvE. Tenno VS Tenno is not balanced at all. And it won't be.

Stealth. Again I must quote a previous post. You have no good weapon for backstabbing. Yet. Nor the right mod to make it an instant kill in most cases. If you had a pair of Ether daggers with a maxed out "Killing Blow" mod, trust me, up to level 30-40 you'd instantly kill everything.

Then about your experience. I took my time to check out your profile. And I saw you had only 15 hours of gameplay, with a mere 44 completed mission count and stock weapons except for the Cronus. First of all: 15 hours are by far not enough to see the game. Try making other weapons, warframes and sentinels and experience what the game has to offer. Wanna go stealthy? Get Ash, a Shade, the Paris and the Kunai with a dagger of your choice. Mod it correctly and you'll be able to do full stealth runs-given that you're alone in your mission. 2 people are easier to get spotted than one. Second, try www.warframa wikia.com for info about like...everything. That's all I have ti say.

I am impressed by your ability to recover and come back with a constructive post.  Thank you.

Yes I am now understanding the flow of endless defense and the fact that I'm a Loki makes me less useful in this type of scenario. I also know the Loki is very squishy even though my personal survivability wasn't in question, I haven't died on a defense mission yet.  I will get further into the game, and comment about ED more in the future.

Like I said in my OP about PVP, I could care less about it.  I've just read multiple threads on these forums to know what players desire in PVP.  Also my OP mentions how I know warframes are completely imbalanced for PVP.  That is why I mentioned a separate set of stats for PVP.  I could care less about PVP in this game, but if they want to implement it and make it fun, those were reasons I made the suggestions I did.  As far as the two separate sets of stats for PVP compared to PVE, that idea came from Guild Wars 2.  Just in case someone wanted the example of this implementation.

For the stealth kills:  Yes I understand higher weapons will insta-gib on stealth attacks.  This was addressing lower end gameplay.  There is currently no encouragement for stealth at lower levels.  If DE wants to encourage the space ninja stealth theme, this was my suggestion as an improvement.  Typically, when you impale something through the heart, it dies immediately.  This was my logic anyway.

Yes I've tried to make it abundantly clear I'm a newer player.

However, playing multiple warframes and weapons won't change my opinion on the things I've mentioned.  Simply because I never really spoke of difficulty or negatives towards the gameplay elements.  Also only my pistol is stock, my primary and melee are not.

PS:  I found out what I was doing wrong with the ground impales.