Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Diagonal Control Pad Navigation in Focus School's Way Allocation Screen [Spoilers for The Second Dream]

(XBOX)cubeof11

Please consider refining navigation when selecting ways in a focus school so that a control pad can be used and not just an analog control stick.

It's either very difficult or impossible to indicate a diagonal direction using the control pad when navigating from way to way, making it impossible to move to certain ways (for example, Disarming Blast in Naramon) without resorting to the control stick.  Could we get a small grace period when the camera starts moving to another way for it to notice a second direction being pressed to change the direction to a diagonal?

This feedback was reported for the Xbox One edition, version "Plains of Eidolon | 2017.11.03.14.10".

The star chart navigation looks like it's designed for mouse input primarily.  Moving the cursor around with a control stick is somewhat slow and you need to pay attention to when to stop moving it.

The star chart does support control pad navigation, but the order in which it cycles through nodes seems very unintuitive, so I don't use it because I can't predict how many times I need to press a certain direction.

23 hours ago, (Xbox One)cubeof11 said:

The star chart navigation looks like it's designed for mouse input primarily.  Moving the cursor around with a control stick is somewhat slow and you need to pay attention to when to stop moving it.

The star chart does support control pad navigation, but the order in which it cycles through nodes seems very unintuitive, so I don't use it because I can't predict how many times I need to press a certain direction.

I agree, but I also find it would be an upgrade to what we currently have due to how hard it is to move to certain nodes on the focus trees.  If they can fix navigation of the focus trees so that we can actually get to the nodes we are trying to select (BTW, the thumbsticks have trouble with getting to the nodes too - it's not just the pad) then that would be best.  As an alternative, I would accept the solution of implementing something like the star chart.