Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thrombolyst (Infested Single Shot Rifle)

Almighty_Jado

Alright, this is my first attempt at creating a standalone weapon concept, so you'll have to bear with me.

Appearance:
A pulsating rifle with tentacles writing at the base of the handle and along the bottom of the barrel. The rifle's midsection is covered in large swathes of infested flesh, with 6 pores pulsating at the top. The weapon's pulsating intensifies as its passive (explained below) stacks. Additionally, the pores squirt out infested guck when reloading. Yum!

The Main Gimmick:
As weapons these days are getting more and more unique (and more importantly, useful) passive effects, I decided to go for one of my own. To begin, this weapon has 0% critical chance. That means that it cannot crit, even with a maxed Point Strike. To compensate, it has a critical damage bonus of 4.0x, the highest of any primary we already have.

"BUT JADO," you might say, "WITH NO CRIT CHANCE, YOU COULD STILL HAVE 200x CRIT DAMAGE MULTIPLIER AND IT'D BE USELESS!"

Aha, dear friends, listen close. The Thrombolyst gains +2% BASE critical chance for every enemy it kills for 30 seconds. This bonus stacks 25 times for a total bonus of 50% BASE critical chance. Stacks fall off 2 at a time.

"BUT JADO," you start complaining, "THAT WOULD MAKE THIS GUN TOO OP WITH A MAXED POINT STRIKE, VITAL SENSE, ARGON SCOPE, HUNTER MUNITIONS AND ALL THAT OTHER STUFF MAN!"

That's where the catch comes in. For every stack you acquire, the duration of the bonus decreases by 1.10 seconds. So at 25 stacks, you have 2.5 seconds only to kill something and refresh the duration. This allows this thing to steamroll enemies as long as you can keep killing.

Some other notes: Dying will reset your stack count to 0. Since you always start with no crit chance, building this gun for straight damage might be the best course of action, allowing the big crits to add onto the damage once you get rolling.
Weapon is NOT hitscan, but with a fast enough projectile speed that it probably won't even matter.

Base Weapon stats:
Mastery Rank: 7
Slot: Primary
Type: Rifle
Trigger Type: Semi-Auto
Ammo Type: Rifle
Noise: Alarming
Fire Rate: 3.5 Rounds Sec^-1
Accuracy: 20
Magazine: 18
Ammo Max: 400
Reload: 2 seconds
Disposition: idfk lmao
DAMAGE:
20 Puncture bPuncture, 15 Impact bImpact, 15 Slash bSlash
50 total damage
Critical Chance: 0-50%
Critical Multiplier: 4.0x
Status Chance: 10%
Polarities: 1xVazarin Pol, 1xNaramon Pol

Number Stuff:

Spoiler

Base Stats with no "Kill Stacks"
o1NH0G.jpg

Base Stats when at 25 "Kill Stacks"
xAwyXi.jpg
More details:

Spoiler

No Stacks:
QDATMJ.jpgzLlFiu.jpgFz2VMc.jpg

Max Stacks:hZn7CH.jpgfNQBxi.jpgBoM4Fb.jpg

Base Stats with a Decent 4-Forma build. NOTE: Primed Fast Hands might be good to make sure that you have more time to kill things after reloading with max stacks later on.
3lf6PW.jpg

Stats with build when at max stacks:
foyzBk.jpg

Suggestions? Feedback? Gun too gross because I've been playing too much Scorn? You tell me, leave comments and I'll be sure to respond!

Edited by Almighty_Jado
changing the mag- I mean, the name

Yeah I'd suggest making it have piss all damage so people actually do have to build it up so it's not some abused gun like most of the guns in the game.

Cause you know. 4x is the highest multiplier in the game beside nukor and the nukor has a 1% crit chance.

Edited by Whitestrake0

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Okay! I created some stats up. If some people want to do math and tell me if it's balanced or not....
or don't, I might just throw this thing through WF builder at some point and see what kind of monster I created

UPDATE: So I went ahead and threw a build at it to see what kind of numbers I got. If anyone could tell me how it compares to current rifles that we have in the game already, that'd be great
NOTE: Yes, I realize I didn't put Hunter Munitions in there. I know that would probably up the damage considerably, but I wanted a slightly better show of the gun's up front damage
EDIT: renamed the darn gun

Edited by Almighty_Jado