The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Put Sprint Mod On Rhino?

Molag

Question

I currently have a Rank 21 Rhino, and I have been focusing mainly on bringing shields, HP, and abilities up.  I plan on putting the Thrak Helmet on him as well.  However, since he is a "tank" should he at least have some speed so he can get into the heat of battle?

13 answers to this question

I currently have a Rank 21 Rhino, and I have been focusing mainly on bringing shields, HP, and abilities up.  I plan on putting the Thrak Helmet on him as well.  However, since he is a "tank" should he at least have some speed so he can get into the heat of battle?

If you ask me - forget about health and armor during leveling your Rhino. All you need is:

1. Maxed iron skin (7pts) - grants you 1200 damage absorb

2. Maxed focus (11 pts) - adds 30% (360) to your Iron Skin capacity

3. Maxed streamline (9 pts) - decreases you Iron skin cost to 19 energy

4. Maxed speint (11 pts) - increases sprint speed to 1.2

This is 38 pts or 19th lvl of the potatoed rhino. Always using it and it works well.

it could depend. I usually put rush mods only when farming the lower level missions (usually boss missions). I usually replace it with master thief if I am doing a solo open-cabinet run, or exchange it for some utility mod in endless defense. Most of the time, I don't really mind the speed and only put those on so as to not fall behind the rest of the team too much.

I use Thrak Helmut. I prefer it over the new alt helm. I bring no speed mods at all. Just have a fast atk speed melee and slide atk faster than any sprint mod could do. The Dual Zoren are the best for this.

You should either use a Sprint of a Marathone mod to get at least some parkour places in the Void. Because Rhino is unable to get in there using his usual speed.

I have never had a problem in the Void. I never fail the timed speed run/challenge tests in there either. Stamina/speed mods are not necessary. 

Okay, you're the boss. Now let go some people who doesn't spent months playing warframe yet to master their Rhino.

I'm a super rhino fan and... NO!!!!! this question have been asked tons of times, NEVER EVER put rush mods in a slow warframe, its like asking shall i put the armor mod for my Ember??? Answere NO!

Yes rhino is slow very very slow more than any Warframe, but there's a better way to get rid of that use Dual Zoren with max atk speed mod, Even a loki with max rush won't go faster than u... Also dont listen the ones that say that the new helm is better, its not better! 5% power str rhino needs that roar,iron skin and stomp needs it, Thark helm is way better even if 25 HP is not that much its better than nothing, also u will lose speed which doesnt really afect rhino, its like a helm to Ember takes out 2 base armor... when ember have normal base 10 LOL.

Just go dual zoren believe me its the best way to rush with slow or fast Warframes.

Heres my loadout for my rhino if u want to take a look of it (potatoed and i took out of the " polarity slot):

Max everything

Vit, Shields, Armor, Streamline, Flow, Focus, Reach, Iron skin, Roar, Stomp

Do u know how much dmg is needed to take me down? LOL

Edited by kamimegurine

I'm a super rhino fan and... NO!!!!! this question have been asked tons of times, NEVER EVER put rush mods in a slow warframe, its like asking shall i put the armor mod for my Ember??? Answere NO!

Yes rhino is slow very very slow more than any Warframe, but there's a better way to get rid of that use Dual Zoren with max atk speed mod, Even a loki with max rush won't go faster than u... Also dont listen the ones that say that the new helm is better, its not better! 5% power str rhino needs that roar,iron skin and stomp needs it, Thark helm is way better even if 25 HP is not that much its better than nothing, also u will lose speed which doesnt really afect rhino, its like a helm to Ember takes out 2 base armor... when ember have normal base 10 LOL.

Just go dual zoren believe me its the best way to rush with slow or fast Warframes.

Heres my loadout for my rhino if u want to take a look of it (potatoed and i took out of the " polarity slot):

Max everything

Vit, Shields, Armor, Streamline, Flow, Focus, Reach, Iron skin, Roar, Stomp

Do u know how much dmg is needed to take me down? LOL

Your Dual Zorens example is terrible; a Loki or Volt can use Dual Zorens and do just well, if not better.

Drop the armor for something else; it's so inefficient for the benefits it gives even, to the "tank" Warframes. Focus is more than enough to cancel out the loss in power strength from the Vanguard helmet. With a maxed Focus, -5% power strength is like losing 60 damage from the absorption threshold of Iron Skin and 50 damage from your ultimate, if even that. That's a negligible cost compared to gaining enough speed to keep up to the 1.0 sprint speed frames.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Use Dual Zoren to run around, dont use any of the helmets, they are useless. Just 1 potato and 1 forma for max'd Rhino:

Equipped mods:

- 4*skills

- Redirection (max'd) on polarity

- Vitality (max'd) on polarity

- Flow (max'd)

- Streamline (max'd)

- Focus (max'd)

- Stretch (max'd)

- Aura (forma'ed) from V to - and equip Energy Siphon

GG.

Edit: you'll end up with a beast with maximum destructive powers, capable of running on par with the faster frames, with 1100 shields and 700+ hp and 150 armor... you'll be unkillable and able to bring destruction wherever you go.

Edited by Phoenix86