The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS Dropped from 60 to 20 after 22.5 update

-Gundam-

Hi there.

I've been playing Warframe just fine at a frame rate of around 60 fps consistently.  It's been like this for a long time (months, at least - as long as I've had my laptop).

After the 22.5 update, Warframe is now consistently settling at 20 fps.

Did any graphics settings change or get added?  Did the graphics settings get reset and need to be customized again?  

Nothing has changed on my computer's end.  I was in Warframe last night and possibly even early this morning and it was playing fine as always.  It's just after this last update that my fps dropped.  I've rebooted my computer just in case as well and that didn't affect the frame rate.

If anyone else has experienced this or know of any tricks to try, please let me know.

Thank you.

Windows 10 Pro x64, 16GB RAM

Intel i7-6700 @ 2.60Ghz

GeForce GTX 950M

EDIT:  MYSTERY SOLVED - It must have just been a cosmic coincidence that my laptop chose this morning to forget it had a GTX950M installed.  When I tried Warframe after the 22.5 update, it was running on the built in Intel Graphics and that's why it was only getting 20 fps.  I was sure this is what was happening when I tried to open the Nvidia Control Panel and it said I didn't have any displays hooked up to an Nvidia device.  To fix my problem, I went into Device Manager, disabled the GTX950M (which was showing installed and active) then tried to re-enable it.  This froze my laptop.  I had to hold down my power button to force my laptop off, then rebooted a couple of times for Windows to straighten up it's boot-up files after the ungraceful shutdown.  When I checked Device Manager again, the GTX950M was showing as re-enabled and I was able to get into the Nvidia Control Panel again.  Loading up Warframe after this brought me right back to my 60fps.  That's my story if it helps anyone.

Edited by -Gundam-
MYSTERY SOLVED