Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Prime Or "vandal" Frame

Technosonic

So, on the Live stream 10 I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) Steve said something about a choice system that would reflect eastern views of patience and aggression. I thought of an idea of making the choices more noticeable to the players and give some use to prime frames because they difference between the original frame is little. 

My Idea

Ok, my idea is to have the choices affect the Warframe (and maybe weapons) that shows what path you walk. This is will work like this, if you choose the more patient choice then you get "humility" points and after a certain amount you will that a test that is inline with the patient theme and if passed the Warframe becomes Prime. If you choose the more aggressive choice then you get "Impulse" points and the same thing a mention before except the Warframe becomes "vandal"( this is up for change).The Warframe can be reset to normal by an item or taking another test. 

The differences between the two are:

Prime( more defensive frame):

-more armor and Faster shield regen

-the warframe's powers have the option to become more defensive in their use

ex. Ember's Overheat would become a team buff and Trinity's blessing would either heal down teammates or restore shield, Health and some energy.  

Vandal (more offensive frame):

-larger energy pool and faster sprint speed

-powers become more aggressive in their use

ex. Trinity's Well of life will do DOT to the enemies health and Loki's decoy will explode when it ends.

The reason i suggested this is to give the player more of a lore connection to the warframes, to give use to prime frames( as they are now) and to keep players from having to farm parts for a prime frame and having to free a warframe slot for it.

Please give me some feedback and post your suggestions and disagreements if any.

Thank for your time.

If I am not wrong, they did say the prime warframes have a special buff in void and they do have special characteristic of their own compared to the non-prime warframes. I have yet to see it yet(or just that I am not aware of it).

A vandal version of a warframe is a little weird in my opinion especially the powers part.

If I am not wrong, they did say the prime warframes have a special buff in void and they do have special characteristic of their own compared to the non-prime warframes. I have yet to see it yet(or just that I am not aware of it).

A vandal version of a warframe is a little weird in my opinion especially the powers part.

The primes simply give 100 energy when walking past any of the big orbs.

Vandal warframes? Eh... they're simply heavily modified by the tenno, so it might simply be something like power duration is increased by like ~2-3% or power strength is increased by that amount, or something small that fits the theme (more damage, slower fire rate/whatever it would be for frames)

The primes simply give 100 energy when walking past any of the big orbs.

Vandal warframes? Eh... they're simply heavily modified by the tenno, so it might simply be something like power duration is increased by like ~2-3% or power strength is increased by that amount, or something small that fits the theme (more damage, slower fire rate/whatever it would be for frames)

how do u imagine the fire rate of warframe i wonder?

how do u imagine the fire rate of warframe i wonder?

is increased by that amount, or something small that fits the theme (more damage, slower fire rate/whatever it would be for frames)

It might be run speed, it might be slowing down cast animations, OR vandal frames would be a set of different traits i.e. with stronger powers, they might cost more.

I actually kind of like this idea, and we should still be early enough in development to make something akin to this come true.

Prime and Vandal itself, probably not, as those are special things already (vandal is reserved for event type things, prime for non-chinese-knockoffs)...

Mmm but there is one issue.

You lock content away based on decisions made with no way to go back and get access to the content you locked away.

Having long-term access (as in you have to build it) to both sides, but getting instant access to the modification based on your decisions could be a good middle-ground.

Remember, this is an MMOTPS, not a single-player RPG.