Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow POE to have Day/ Night Selection

(XBOX)Tyreal2012

Admittedly this is a very personal request, but I am sure that i am not the only one who is probably caught out by it.

Now before you all go there's a timer etc etc. the day night cycle is great, it mixes the game up during long play sessions, but this is exactly for some people the issue.

I am a married father of a 2 year old.  As a result my play time is limited to maybe an hour a night. Since the release of POE I have had 4 instances of night that I have been able to play that match my play time.

Although I am not sure how it would work with timers, but a daily time locked switch - like the MR tests for switching day to night.  It can only be done once either every 12 or 24 hours, but would need to be dependant on the Teralyst respawning instead of a cetus reset. 

Maybe i'm just feeling hard done to as I dont have as much free time, but a choice would be nice

As a fellow working family man, I understand where you are coming from. You must look at it from the other way though. 

Players would blow through the content too quickly. Yes, some have the advantage of time on their side. Just remember, it's not a race. Enjoy the experience.

I do suggest if you don't already, to use a time of day tracker. They have some web based ones that make it handy. When I get on, I check POE cycle, and decide what to do from there. If it's night, I go do my night fishing, etc., if it's day, I check the sortie, syndicate missions, forma something and do some Akkad runs, run a few bounties or day fish. 

Edited by (PS4)excat_56

On 12/1/2017 at 3:55 PM, (Xbox One)Tyreal2012 said:

But that's exactly my my point, my game time usually only exists in the day phase of the game. 

I get they dont want us to burn through content and having a system such as a single use cycle wouldn't be straight forward to police. 

The day/night cycle is on a 25 hour rotation, so if you log on the same time every day, you'll get both day and night on different days.