Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Dream Of An Immersive Dojo

Countess_Hapmuhr

I've thought about this a while and as it stands, the Dojo right now isn't a place that I'm spending a lot of time in. I'd like to change that, quite a lot actually.

What I would like is for the dojo to be the hub of the Warframe experience. This will undoubtebly require an advanced solution which is likely unfeasible, but here is how I'd envision it to be:

After you've logged in, you don't spawn in the planet system, you spawn in the map room instead (the starting room in each dojo could be converted to this automatically via update). In that map room, you have a holographic map displayed over the solar system. You can either choose missions through that map in the same way you'd activate a door or a console (with those awesome floating labels), or you can activate the console nearby to go into the current version of the planetary system.

In the new system, starting missions with your friends is a bit different though. You can either start the mission yourself and then invite friends  "from the inside" as normal, or your friends can utilize three other consoles to mark their "ready" state before you choose a mission. As soon as you choose the mission, it's underway with the same countdown.

Additionally, you could also allocate a section of the starting area to use as a weapon/loadout area where each Tenno could select their weapons from actual racks rather than menus. Of course, additional armory rooms along with map rooms should be constructable for larger clans to avoid huge crowds clustering around one object.

As I said earlier though, I have a sneaking suspicion that this might not be possible with the current engine and definitely not something DE has the resources to pursue right now. But, for the future, that's how I'd make Warframe a more tigher experience for the players.

Edited by Hap-muhr

Sounds actually quite good. What you didn't mention are the players that have no Clan-Key, so they can't enter the Dojo (and the players that aren't even in a clan). I'd say these people choose the mission the same way everyone has to do it in this Update.

Edited by RhSDarkReaver

It is possible and viable, just need to be made some "single player" rooms, instead of multi-clustered-rooms.

As for the suggestion itself, i find it great, i haven't started to build my dojo yet since i'm lazy and i'm making a full dojo in a "trio setting" so it takes time since we need to use our formas wisely :p

It is possible and viable, just need to be made some "single player" rooms, instead of multi-clustered-rooms.

As for the suggestion itself, i find it great, i haven't started to build my dojo yet since i'm lazy and i'm making a full dojo in a "trio setting" so it takes time since we need to use our formas wisely :p

Yeah, I was actually wrestling with this idea now with my team-mate after he read my suggestion. The idea of a single instance room is good, because then you only need one of them. Then you'd have to invite your squad mates from inside the room.

Sounds actually quite good. What you didn't mention are the players that have no Clan-Key, so they can't enter the Dojo (and the players that aren't even in a clan). I'd say these people choose the mission the same way everyone has to do it in this Update.

This is a good point right here, I suppose that everybody could initially spawn in a single player version of that room which could then be converted into a clan hall after the first key was bought by whomever wanted to be Warlord.

Edit: The reason for this is to avoid punishing the solo players.

Edited by Hap-muhr

Not necessarily needs to be the dojo since new players won't be able to access a dojo but a hub area would be cool. Dust 514 does the exact thing you're eluding to. You start the game by jumping into a hub area and can access the star map in your menu or there's a display your character can walk to. 

Can we get Cool Display Monitors in Dojos?

Edit: EVE online's Star Map is crazy o.O

Edited by Rapidx

Dunno about the new system for starting missions but I like the rest. How would this work for people not in a clan though?

Having sort of a "flight deck" room for the dojo would be cool, a central location where you can do everything you can in the normal main menu. Viewing the system, change your loadout, visit the market, all that good stuff.

After you've logged in, you don't spawn in the planet system, you spawn in the map room instead (the starting room in each dojo could be converted to this automatically via update). In that map room, you have a holographic map displayed over the solar system. You can either choose missions through that map in the same way you'd activate a door or a console (with those awesome floating labels), or you can activate the console nearby to go into the current version of the planetary system.

In the new system, starting missions with your friends is a bit different though. You can either start the mission yourself and then invite friends  "from the inside" as normal, or your friends can utilize three other consoles to mark their "ready" state before you choose a mission. As soon as you choose the mission, it's underway with the same countdown.

Already suggested on 24th May as Observatory room..

I actually think this is a great idea, and it will add a lot to the community feel that the Dojo mechanic is aiming for.

What would be cool is if it at some point we could have personal rooms. For example, there could be a room called "Living quarters" that is divided into X number of rooms and then members can "buy one" in the sense that they have to contribute materials personally. Once they have, it becomes their own personal room and that room can have a lot of customization options and what not.

Would also be cool if there were different levels of rooms for different ranks in the game. This would act as a great item sink for the game's economy.