Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Rhino Was Fast?

magusat999

• 2 weeks later...

What if DE said, "Its too punishing for Rhino to be so slow, so we have sped up his base speed to keep up with the rest of the players..."? I wonder what the response would be from the rushers out there... would there be whining and gnashing of keyboards - or would there be a mad rush of people making Rhinos? The running speed differences really don't add much to the game - I think they should make all players equal in run speed. All it does is make certain people play the game in an inconsiderate manner. If we took that out of the equation players wouldn't be able to rush games and it would be more balanced.

Shut up. Rhino's new alt helm gives him a base speed increase and has a laughably weak downside. Frost? Yeah, Frost is now stuck as the slowest Frame ever, as Rhino's Thrak helmet is a joke. I've got a - Polarity that I use for Rush just to try and keep up with faster frames, but I can't even slide for speed because @(*()$ Kunai/Despair kill off the speed boost from using a Sliding Spin Slash.

If you use a WarFrame for it's intended role, you'll discover that you move at about the speed required.

Wanna rush? Excalibur, Ember, etc.

Wanna explore? Rhino and Frost.

Wanna Watch every-damn-thing explode? Saryn.

Wanna be sneaky, assuming stealth works worth a damn? Ash and Loki.

Right 'Frame for the job is more important than homogenizing the 'Frames, so they're all functionally interchangeable.

If you use a WarFrame for it's intended role, you'll discover that you move at about the speed required.

Wanna rush? Excalibur, Ember, etc.

Wanna explore? Rhino and Frost.

Wanna Watch every-damn-thing explode? Saryn.

Wanna be sneaky, assuming stealth works worth a damn? Ash and Loki.

Right 'Frame for the job is more important than &*$$genizing the 'Frames, so they're all functionally interchangeable.

You mean loki/nova for rushing.

loki/nova for exploring.

Nova for exploding.

Equip a shade for stealthing.

The moral of the story is to equip a shade with Nova and do everything.

The running speed differences really don't add much to the game - I think they should make all players equal in run speed. All it does is make certain people play the game in an inconsiderate manner. If we took that out of the equation players wouldn't be able to rush games and it would be more balanced.

O,O wow, you really don't understand the "rushing" thing do you? I have seen Rhinos in the front of the group, and I have seen Lokis and Vlots in the back. Granted, not often, but these occurrences are far from impossible. Here's my main point, I'm even going to put it on it's own line.

Rushing is not dependent on run speed.

Rushing is just being ahead of the rest of the group, and depending on who's in your group and how many lockers they all want to open any frame (player) that passes up the lockers and canisters and keeps moving can fit the rough definition of a "rusher". Granted there are some frames that are more prone to the behavior, but correlation does not equal causation! Your suggestion fails to target the main cause of rushing, which is the player not the frame. As soon as you can force human behavior I am out of the game.

And when you start taking all the frames and making them the same, then they are all the same. That's bad because we are forced in this game to level up a bunch of new stuff even if we don't like it to gain mastery. I don't like Nyx myself, but at least she is different. Most players I dare say do not want all the frames to be the same at anything. It's already bad enough that so many of the #4 are so similar. Frames need to be more different, in all ways (including speed) not the other way around. More variety.

I usually try to stay with the group myself, but the solution if rushers bother you is the contacts list, a clan, or hopefully in the future a blacklist. People should still be free to play the game however makes them happy. You can't regulate considerate behavior.

Also in your suggestion what happens if a rusher gets Rush, Quick Rest, and Marathon? While I am still running with Cont, Focus, Stream, Flow, ect. People will still be able to be fast if they really want to, which again is not even really needed for rushing to take place.

No.

Edited by Carcharias