Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimatepay = Ultimateparanoid?

Taronium

Hi there, I'm not sure, if this is the perfect place for it, but I just have to mention this somewhere.

Dear Digital Extremes,

I've tried 4 times with 2 different methods to join your founders program through a paypal payment, but I must be in the unique situation not be able for the life of me to get through. Since my paypal account is from the US, where I lived, but I'm currently on the other side of the world, UltimatePay thinks it's fraudulant...hence rejects the payment. That has never happened to me before!

Thus I was suggested to purchase the Ultimate Game Card, but- ok, here's the weird me- I dislike all gadgets and have no cell phone, yet, without one you cannot purchase said card. Again some security madness, if you asked me.

Ok, here's something that might freak some of you out completely, when it comes to my choices, but I severly hate credit cards and got rid of these things a long time ago, too. I don't need them, most certainly don't want them and therefore am left with this amazing and unusual situation:

Although I would love to, could easily do and have tried hard, I cannot offer you guys at Digital Extremes my sincere appreciation by purchasing anything from you.

I'd suggest alternative paypal solutions or a heart to heart with UltimatePay on their policies to not screw you over the way they do now. I'd imagine you have lost and will lose a lot of impulse buys that way and you deserve better in my opinion.

I've had a support exchange with UltimatePay before... 2 in fact, but both to no avail. They have automated security they say.... in other words: (well, use any phrase you like here)  ;o)

The second email pointed me towards the Ultimate Game Card

So, unless a support ticket would get me to DE and wouldn't have them forward me to UltimatePay (which I'm almost certain it will), it would be futile again.

It's not so much angry (although a bit at first just for the hastle), really, just kinda...hmm..."bummed" is probably the perfect word. But I enjoy playing for free, of course! 8}

Edited by Taronium

Can't you update the location on your paypal account? That might help if you haven't done that.

That's what I thought, too, but you can't change countries there. Seems almost logical from the derranged world of finances (stupid game that is!). It's unfortunately useless to discuss the stupidity of the kind of "fraud-protection" they have automated there, but the reasoning still baffles me. On top of that the owner of a paypal account will always get an email of any transaction and can always reject it then. So...there's absolutely no point to that what so ever. (Reminds me of Bart Simpson's line: "I shall only use this power to annoy!")

That's what I thought, too, but you can't change countries there. Seems almost logical from the derranged world of finances (stupid game that is!). It's unfortunately useless to discuss the stupidity of the kind of "fraud-protection" they have automated there, but the reasoning still baffles me. On top of that the owner of a paypal account will always get an email of any transaction and can always reject it then. So...there's absolutely no point to that what so ever. (Reminds me of Bart Simpson's line: "I shall only use this power to annoy!")

Any chance you can try and contact paypal to change the country and location information?

I guess the last option would be to just create a new paypal account with the accurate location and transfer money to that one. Aside from that not too sure of any other solutions.

Hi there, I'm not sure, if this is the perfect place for it, but I just have to mention this somewhere.

Dear Digital Extremes,

I've tried 4 times with 2 different methods to join your founders program through a paypal payment, but I must be in the unique situation not be able for the life of me to get through. Since my paypal account is from the US, where I lived, but I'm currently on the other side of the world, UltimatePay thinks it's fraudulant...hence rejects the payment. That has never happened to me before!

Thus I was suggested to purchase the Ultimate Game Card, but- ok, here's the weird me- I dislike all gadgets and have no cell phone, yet, without one you cannot purchase said card. Again some security madness, if you asked me.

Ok, here's something that might freak some of you out completely, when it comes to my choices, but I severly hate credit cards and got rid of these things a long time ago, too. I don't need them, most certainly don't want them and therefore am left with this amazing and unusual situation:

Although I would love to, could easily do and have tried hard, I cannot offer you guys at Digital Extremes my sincere appreciation by purchasing anything from you.

I'd suggest alternative paypal solutions or a heart to heart with UltimatePay on their policies to not screw you over the way they do now. I'd imagine you have lost and will lose a lot of impulse buys that way and you deserve better in my opinion.

Same thing with Steam. Hate their payment system.

Any chance you can try and contact paypal to change the country and location information?

I guess the last option would be to just create a new paypal account with the accurate location and transfer money to that one. Aside from that not too sure of any other solutions.

Yeah, I think that would be the only solution from my end. If I came across this problem again from somewhere else I might just do it, but just to pay $50 or $100 here is a little too bizarre to my world. Not to mention that DE would still have the same problem.

Thanks for thinking about all this with me, though, I really appreciate it. That's why I love forums with good people on them! 8)