Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs Gambling Elements(This Game Has Little Replayabillity/just An Idea)!

W4RM4CHIN3

I dislike the idea because it would negatively change the mod and polarity system. Polarities already cut the cost of mods in half, and yet you want to make the matching process even more powerful? Warframe thrives on customization, and cutting a mod's stat bonuses by half just to transfer it between weapons is incredibly punishing. The upgrading mod part sounds too much like Vindictus's enhancing, which is already an incredibly terrible system due to shifty RNG (+1 for Seal Shop). Plus, if the upgrades actually succeeded, it would make mods overpowered.

I played Vindictus as a Sword Lann, getting end-game armor and Demains, but even so, I never liked its RNG. I went to Warframe because at least the loot and upgrading system were more fair and straightforward (even if datamining was required).

hi-five friend! we're both realized how Vindictus' RNG sucked!

AAAAAAAAAANYWAYS as space Ninja's when do we get time to gamble? we're on a mission here and most of us (as Tenno) would probably rather save a galaxy than gamble. so what we just got western style guns that doesn't merit us having a gambling system. also this game has more than enough replayability. try getting a Flow Mod for everyone one of your frames and i mean EVERY single one. how about a maxed rush mod or having an entire warframe polarized? its got replayability. you just have to look around and see what you can do. and if you need something to do join a clan and help build a dojo. *sigh of relief* i am done my talking/typing thing and I've listed a few of the many things you can do to continue playing WF. if you don't like the idea then don't play

I echo the sentiments of not adding gambling, and I also played a ton of Vindictus.

I don't feel that Warframe is a grindfest, even though it does have some farming in it. The game is trying to move away from most of that (although a little is good to have). Once we get some new modes, and possibly more end-game style things to do, this won't really matter.

I do think our crafting system could use a bit more advanced stuff though, as various games have done. You mentioned Vindictus' randomness, and I didn't like that, however part of their qualities was based on expertise. It was still random though, so I would think of something more direct, like Firefall. That game isn't out yet, but anyone who has played the beta (it's open beta now) knows that they have a really good crafting system (their interface is not good though). It's entirely based on the quality of the materials. While any new player can craft a handful of weapons, a long time player may have collected higher tier resources and can craft the same weapon, only better. He knows the good materials he's putting into it, and will get something good out of it. I might make a post about this later since I'm sure this will get buried in this thread.

Edited by gell