Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Team Attacks

zeroythe

Thought of this when another poster was talking about team actions between warframes, and this sounded like a good idea to me. Here is my previous post:

I think it'd be cool if two powers were used in the same area if they could interact with each other (in certain combinations). Like if Mag and Excalibur are near each other, Mag uses crush and it prompts Excalibur to use slash dash. If Excalibur completes the prompt Mag uses a modified crush that groups up all the enemies and Excalibur slash dashes the whole group. Another good one would be Ash and Excalibur. Ash uses Bladestorm and it prompts Excalibur to use radial javelin. Instead of the normal bladestorm, Ash teleports from enemy to enemy and launches them into the air. Excalibur then uses a modified radial javelin to pin them all to the wall. The only issue I would see with this is that you'd have to give them a window to complete the action, like after you use an ability that has a team attack with an ally in the area it'd have to wait a second to start the ability and see if your teammate wants to complete the team attack.

Power interactions are a great idea and should be given more love. Personally I'd prefer to see power interactions on powers 1-4 on a single warframe before we get into Unity Strikes or whatever else you'd want to call it when multiple warframes contribute to the kill train.

I think a better framework for the usage of combo-skills/Unity Strikes would be a new button for it. I mean, both the ~ and number 5 are open, make it a 'unity' button that takes like 125 energy out of all warframes involved, but the killzone, damage, and effects are modified by the number involved.

A simple example would be Frost, Volt, Mag, Trinity. The Frost would create large ice spikes, the Volt would electrify them, the Mag would pull enemies onto them, and the Trinity would link the life and energy of the targets out to the squad, causing health/energy restore in addition to absolutely stupid levels of damage.

This would mean that each warframe would have to sacrifice significant energy(125 each, costing more then an ult, but achieving higher effects) and the abilities would have a delay before launching since there would have to be time for the other members to hit the button. The warframes themselves would also end up open for punishment while they performed their portion of the Unity Strike. Essentially making it a somewhat situational but extremely significant portion of teamplay that actually rewards teams who try to work together to build the best interactions they can. This would also be pretty much auto-balanced on release since it would have several drawbacks in addition to benefits that would make it worth using but difficult to abuse due to the warframes essentially needing to be close to max level or equipped with a flow mod to support it, in addition to the fact they'd be open for punishment.

Another thought on a combo was Frost, Ember, Trinity. Frost freezes the feet of enemies nearby while Trinity transfers it's energy into Ember, who releases a massive wave of fiery awesomeness igniting and pwning everything in the zone. It would, of course, be subject to fire resist and such..