Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Surveys/offers For Platinum

MrSuperAwesome

Warframe should support some survey or offer system to earn platinum. (Other games have done it, it's quite common for F2P games to do this). If this is already being planned, or is expected to be implemented, then good. If not, I'm curious why?

I'm mostly making this post because I'm 2 plat away from buying a warframe slot and potato for my next frame, but it would also be a good way for Warframe to still get money from the non-spenders crowd.

Those surveys are some of the most annoying things on the planet.  "Fill out a 90 second survey and earn 50 Gold" 10 minutes later I've been redirected to half a dozen websites, answered the same questions 15 times, and given my email address to infinite spam-sites.  And then the survey conveniently dead-ends without delivering the promised gold.

No thanks, I'd rather be audited.

Pros:

More ways to earn platinum

FREE

Cons:

People whining

The pros obviously outweigh the cons.

/thread

Most surveys either A) don't work or B) have hidden costs such as monthly subscription. (Really? Just for your opinion, or email address, or phone number, they pay for your platinum? I don't think so.)

Both of them would result in increased amount of support tickets. That's a big con. Support is already taking up to two weeks. Let's not make that a month.

Edited by 3ventic

Most surveys either A) don't work or B) have hidden costs such as monthly subscription. (Really? Just for your opinion, or email address, or phone number, they pay for your platinum? I don't think so.)

Both of them would result in increased amount of support tickets. That's a big con. Support is already taking up to two weeks. Let's not make that a month.

This.

Pros:

FREE

Cons:

People whining

/thread

Pros: You might get 1 to 3 legit free Platinum.

Cons: Most of the "special offers" will end up costing more than their worth of Platinum (ie: subscribe to a magazine for $15 and get 25 Platinum).

Your email will be spammed.

You will have to give out personal information to shady websites.

After 3 pages of questions you will get "You do not qualify for this survey".

Anyone who genuinely thinks they could get enough Plat to even buy a single potato is delusional.

Edited by Mateodon

DearMrSuperAwesome,

This option will only work if DE actually makes it themselves. Basically if they make the survey for their own usage.

That option isn't that bad, but I must agree with the rest, the normal spam for free in-game credits are a pain in the &#!.

Sincerely,

charleon

DearMrSuperAwesome,

This option will only work if DE actually makes it themselves. Basically if they make the survey for their own usage.

That option isn't that bad, but I must agree with the rest, the normal spam for free in-game credits are a pain in the &#!.

Sincerely,

charleon

Even then, it wouldn't work. They'd actually be making less money than they would get through these referral/scam/survey sites.

Any surveys DE were to put forth would probably also be skewed for the top 1 or 2 answers in MC survey questions, too. Because damn I just wanna get the platinum.

Even then, it wouldn't work. They'd actually be making less money than they would get through these referral/scam/survey sites.

Any surveys DE were to put forth would probably also be skewed for the top 1 or 2 answers in MC survey questions, too. Because damn I just wanna get the platinum.

Dear Azure_Kyte,

I agree on that it would be rushed as all hell... You have proved a very valid point why it won't work (easily).

Sincerely,

charleon

Dear Azure_Kyte,

I agree on that it would be rushed as all hell... You have proved a very valid point why it won't work (easily).

Sincerely,

charleon

Dear charleon,

Err.. Do you always um type Dear [Name]

Sincerely, charleon?

Cauz err. This is kinda the um... forums.. not emails...

Just saying.. 

Sincerely,

Deaths.Reap3r

Edit: I just went to your profile and checked your posts (I've now figured out where you live but anyway)Yes it looks like you do.

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

Pros:

FREE

Cons:

People whining

/thread

Lol no.

Pros:

Free Platinum

Easier ways for obtaining items.

["More ways" is just sugar coating it, "fluffing" your arguement does'nt make it any better.]

Cons:

Steriotypical of most games

Complains

Spammings

Devs losing money as platinum is a primary source for money.

---

Note, 

The Devs are just like us.

They do need some money.

They do need to eat.

They do need a house.

They do need to drink.

They do have a family to take care of.

Note this game is independantly funded. 

I think they give out too much already with 1-2k platinum prizes and daily rewards giving you free discounts for platinum.

Edited by 123Olympian

Warframe should support some survey or offer system to earn platinum. (Other games have done it, it's quite common for F2P games to do this). If this is already being planned, or is expected to be implemented, then good. If not, I'm curious why?

I'm mostly making this post because I'm 2 plat away from buying a warframe slot and potato for my next frame, but it would also be a good way for Warframe to still get money from the non-spenders crowd.

Is'nt the survey just the forum feedback alone?

Dear charleon,

Err.. Do you always um type Dear [Name]

Sincerely, charleon?

Cauz err. This is kinda the um... forums.. not emails...

Just saying.. 

Sincerely,

Deaths.Reap3r

Edit: I just went to your profile and checked your posts (I've now figured out where you live but anyway)Yes it looks like you do.

Dear Deaths.Reap3r,

Force of habit, due to working at help-desk for my studies.

Plus, it is less "offensive" and I personally find people listen better this way instead of the normal "forum yelling".

I tend to give a more business type answer, for those reasons.

Sincerely,

charleon

P.S: It's too automated for these things. :P