Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rush Build Price Is Too High

LunarBear

Hi,

I think that the Platinum price to rush build items is way too high. TL;DR at the end.

Here is an example: to rush build an entire Warframe, you need to pay:

- 25 Plat for the Helmet

- 25 Plat for the Chassis

- 25 Plat for the System

- And then 50 more Plat to assemble the warframe.

Which gives us a grand total of 125 Platinum if you want to rush build every piece of your warframe.

The problem is that you can buy the warframes with Plat.

Volt and Loki can be bought for 75 Plat. So there is absolutely NO point in rush building them.

6 other warframes cost between 175 and 225 Plat. I'd much rather pay the 225 Plat than pay 125 Plat to rush build + all the mats and blueprints.

Let me be clear: I'm totally okay with paying 125 Plat to rush build an entire warframe. It's totally optional and is just here to save time. The problem is when I compare it to outright buying the Warframe with Plat.

In my case, I was trying to build the Mag warframe. I'm completely new to the game (which I enjoy very much).

I could buy it with the Plat I got with my Founder's Package, but I decided not to, to make the game more fun and rewarding, and not immediately unlocking what I wanted with real money. 

I farmed the blueprints, farmed the materials and the credits, and was ready to build it in the foundry. This was fun. But I didn't want to wait, which is NOT fun. When I farm things I'm doing something, playing the game, even if it can get repetitive, so I'm okay with that, but when I finally gathered all the mats I don't want to wait 3 days 12 hours (!) to get my new toy.

So I thought: "no problem, I'll just rush build it". 

But why would I spend 125 Plat to rush build it when I can buy it for 75/175/225/375, have it immediately, and with a pre-installed Orokin Reactor! And with no need for any blueprint or material, obviously.

Same thing for an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst: why rush build it for 10 Plat when you can buy it for 20?

I think that they need to decrease rush build prices for some items (low cost warframes and reactors, at least), so there is a more sensible benefit to farm blueprints and mats (and thus play the game) and rush build it compared to just outright buy the item with Plat.

Some people will probably disagree, but I'm sure others share my view on the subject.

It seems like a little thing but I really enjoy the game less because of that.

I find it not fun to outright buy everything I want with Plat, but I'm really tempted to do just that because I don't want to wait for days for items to build, and I don't find the difference in Plat price significative enough to justify farming the mats and rush building the item over outright buying it.

TL;DR: Decrease the rush build costs so there is a big enough difference in Platinum cost between farming the blueprints + mats then rush building the items and outright buying them with real money, making it more appealing and making us play the game.

Edited by LunarBear

Rushing is a luxury. It isn't a mandatory thing. It's meant for people that are impatient and don't want to wait the time to build parts and the weapon itself.

If you took the time to farm all these items and build them, you can wait a while longer.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Rushing is a luxury. It isn't a mandatory thing. It's meant for people that are impatient and don't want to wait the time to build parts and the weapon itself.

If you took the time to farm all these items and build them, you can wait a while longer.

Quoting myself : "Let me be clear: I'm totally okay with paying 125 Plat to rush build an entire warframe. It's totally optional and is just here to save time. The problem is when I compare it to outright buying the Warframe with Plat."

I know this is the luxury. The point is, there is not a big enough difference between rush building an item and outright buying it with Plat. I want to work for my item, I want to gather blueprints and materials because it is fun and it's making me play the game. I don't want to wait for it to build because it's not fun and it's NOT making me play a badass space ninja.

But when I know I'm gonna rush build them, why farms for mats and blueprints for Volt and Loki when I can outright buy them with a pre-installed Orokin Reactor for less than the rush build cost? This makes no sense.

I know I'm repeating myself but what I want is a big enough difference between rush building and outright buying an item with Plat. 

If people don't want to decrease the rush build cost, I'm totally okay with that. But then, they need to increase the Plat cost of Warframes. I would totally farm for Mag and rush build it for 125 Plat if it would cost 600 Plat to buy it. But not for a 50 Plat differential. Then rush building would still be a luxury, but outright buying it (which could be compared to some kind of super rush building...) would be an uber-luxury.

Seems pretty legit to me. But I think people would absolutely crucify DE if they were to sell warframes at this price (I think it would be cool and give more reasons to people to really work for a warframe and play the frikkin' game). That's why I was suggesting decreasing the rush build cost.

Edited by LunarBear

Being impatient is a terrible reason to change an aspect of the game just to suit your needs.

There's nothing wrong with how it currently works.

It's quite illogical that 'Frames which are priced differently have same-priced rush times.

I don't rush builds, but I feel this should be addressed. 

The problem isn't the rush price. The problem is that the rush price is not dynamic and does not scale with time left to finish. A frame at 24 hours left to complete shouldn't have the same rush price as a frame with only 1 hour left to complete.