Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resources, Minning and Fishing

(PSN)LeonidasxGGG

This is the Plains greatest feature, but also its greatest fault. I know this was created so that veteran players would actually go there and to keep more people in the game playing, however you might have missed the mark by putting it on such a planet so early in the game. So it created two problems:
A- New players will be stuck there gaining stuff that will not be useful further ahead (spears, fish, cutters, minerals, even the weapons -altough not bad- are ONLY melee and you can find much better ahead). They will also find out (at the same time, mind you) that Relay Sindicates are WAY better, and (after dying a lot) understand that they CANNOT fight the Eidolon without an Operator - Konzu should warn low MR / Operatorless players to NOT face the Eidolon: "Don't go out to the Plain at night Tenno, you are not strong enough". And/or if a low MR player/ Operatorless did go out at night, to fish or to minne, the Eidolon would not spaw.
B- Veteran players would still go there for the Eidolon Hunt and the weapons (MR obligates it), but will now face a multi-athelom of grinding by: building standing to get blueprints for material/weapon parts, to them search resources/fish to forge better materials to craft pieces (THREE TIMES mind you) to then build weapons... (To them rankup them and throw them away anyways).

Putting these itens behing a grind of completly new materials and layers of steps upon steps to craft them was, in my view, a mistake (and you already realized this that's why "Operation Plague Star" was filled with high tier resources). But now, this is not an easy fix because: either you move Cetus to another planet (but landscape wouldn't fit anywhere) and keep the dificulty to get new stuff (ok for Amps but the weapons would have to be way better), OR you keep it where it is but make it so it works better for all players and is more like other Sindicates.

Here are some sugestions of how it could be changed:
1- KEEP MINNING AND FISHING. Cristals and fish would still be useful, but for decorations and bait. BOTH would still be tradeable for standing.
1- REMOVE the new resources from crafting parts. For weapons and Amps all that would be required would be Standing. Once you had enough you would go to the Craftsman, choose your weapons/amp parts and he would build it. We would NOT use our forge for any crafting item. If they are Craftersmen THEY should do it (logic). I was open to the idea of getting materials and them go to them to get the itens (a bit like Nakak), but between getting standing and then materials to craft the components it would be two layers of grind to serve ONE purpose - crafting weapons. Ence, like Archweapons parts, it should just be required to have standing... ALSO, I was open to the idea of getting the parts from the Craftermen and build the weapon in our forge, but this would be like our usual weapons and we could not be able to interchange parts. 
3- Fishing would be inclosured in a "safety bubble" that prevented enemies to attack (I played some fishing in RPG's and I was NEVER attacked my enemies, obviously). Also, fishing is suposed to be relaxing.
4- REMOVE Minerals and replace them with Earth resources in the plains (like Neurodes, Rubedo, Ferrite - why have Ferros when we alredy have Ferrite?). It is on Earth after all, and I remember when I was starting and was doing lots of extermination missions (on Earth) so that I could kill everyone and just gather resources. This should be possible in Cetus, just explore and gather resources. Also, it removes another unecessary layer of grind.

I made this after doing the POE SURVEY and upon reading the comments finding out that not even new players are totally happy about it. I (like a lot of people) don't have the time and, altough there some levels of grind I am confortable with, the Plains really took it to another level... I think that level needs to come down considerably, and just twikking numbers doesn't really cut it. The entire mechanics needs an overhaul. I know it maybe hard but you also took out keys and resources from Quest, so I believe at some point you will HAVE to do the same in Cetus.

PLEASE, don't turn the Plain into another Hema debocle!

This is my fourth feedback on POE. Sorry for behing so annoying... But I just really want this to be done the best way it can so that you can then expand to have open-spaces in ALL planets without these hickups.