The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Just Disable Snow Globe On Infested Defense?

BloodKitten

I can't believe how many people don't see the value of Frost Snow Globe. I play with a grew of 3 other people on the regular and we've ran a plethora of combinations. Bastille inside of Snow Globe is impenetrable for literally every situation. "Forced to use melee weapon"? Lrn2Kite. IN A SLOWING FIELD AS BIG AS THE AREA.

I've said it before, most Frosts go through this stage, the majority of them out grow the compulsion to globe in infested defense, but the ones who don't you can't argue with. It just doesn't work. They'll never, ever admit that it's a horrible idea with negative effects far outweighing its benefits. One of these days, they'll finally add a decent black list to the game, so that you can keep from being in games with them. I look forward to to the day I'll never have to see them more than once at least.

And no, I'm not talking about new players, who just don't know any better, they can be educated. As I said, the majority of them out grow the compulsion, but the ones who don't will defend it to the end of time.

Why give them an ability that can be used for trolling? vortex, bounce and switch teleport have uses in all game modes but globe is absolutely trash in infested defense. And I'm not saying frost is completely garbo in infested defense, all of his skills but snow globe are really good at slowing or stopping the enemies. And snow globe could be useful as well if only you could shoot in it. But then its useless.

I agree to some extent but if we made snow globe so we could shoot in then Snow Globe would only be useful in infested defense as then Corpus and Grineer would also be able to shoot through it. We can't have a perfect all round defense power because in all honesty it would make it too easy. i agree that Frost is useful in infested defense but not ideal. 

i also agree that every power that could be used for trolling can in fact be very useful in other aspects (Switch Teleporting/Pulling Ancients/ Fusion Moas away from the pod in Void Defense for example). As it stands though Snow Globe is best used for Grineer and Corpus but has a very narrow use for Infested (Slowing down enemies enough to revive). 

All i'm trying to say in this thread is that there are some who like using globe and most who don't, it's just a different playstyle, Just like Rushing vs Exploring/Looting. no-one is right or wrong in this 

As a long time Frost User:

Snow Globe COULD be useful in Infested Defense on the Pod, but ONLY IF its a level 3 Snow Globe with MAX Stretch. Oh, and that's also assuming theres no other better crowd control ability like Bastille and Chaos. But when Frost is the only frame with a crowd control defensive ability and its a Level 3 Snow Globe with Max Stretch, it can be useful, at least for the first 10 waves or so when chargers makes up the majority of the enemy forces. After that, it starts losing its effectiveness when more Toxic Ancients show up.

That said, I totally agree with Frost not being built for Infested Defense. I stopped using it for Infested Defense after I learned how detrimental Snow Globe is to my team.

I agree to some extent but if we made snow globe so we could shoot in then Snow Globe would only be useful in infested defense as then Corpus and Grineer would also be able to shoot through it. We can't have a perfect all round defense power because in all honesty it would make it too easy. i agree that Frost is useful in infested defense but not ideal. 

i also agree that every power that could be used for trolling can in fact be very useful in other aspects (Switch Teleporting/Pulling Ancients/ Fusion Moas away from the pod in Void Defense for example). As it stands though Snow Globe is best used for Grineer and Corpus but has a very narrow use for Infested (Slowing down enemies enough to revive). 

All i'm trying to say in this thread is that there are some who like using globe and most who don't, it's just a different playstyle, Just like Rushing vs Exploring/Looting. no-one is right or wrong in this 

Sorry, but no.  Any player that uses Snow Globe on infested defense when a Vauban with bastille is present is in the wrong.  Unless the Vauban player is afk, in which case the Vauban is in the wrong for being afk in a defense mission.

These are the facts and they have been discussed and are undisputable.

Sorry, but no.  Any player that uses Snow Globe on infested defense when a Vauban with bastille is present is in the wrong.  Unless the Vauban player is afk, in which case the Vauban is in the wrong for being afk in a defense mission.

These are the facts and they have been discussed and are undisputable.

Where did i say anything about Vauban and Bastille?

And funnily enough i actually had a Xini game earlier and a random Frost joined, They used snow globe once in the entire 25 waves when I (Vauban) went down due to some stupidity on my part, They Snow Globed the pod and then revived me, nothing bad happened as my other team-mates where all standing around the main platform and protecting the pod. 

I thanked them, they said no problem and we had a good game. (:

Where did i say anything about Vauban and Bastille?

And funnily enough i actually had a Xini game earlier and a random Frost joined, They used snow globe once in the entire 25 waves when I (Vauban) went down due to some stupidity on my part, They Snow Globed the pod and then revived me, nothing bad happened as my other team-mates where all standing around the main platform and protecting the pod. 

I thanked them, they said no problem and we had a good game. (:

Okay, we'll make this one exception.  But next time....  lol

For me I have all warframe mods that increase the range maxed out so my globe is huge . Big enough to cover the pod and all 4 turrets in T3 defense. I also play with 3 buddies all with ogris and no one complains since the globe is big and they just rocket the S#&$ out of everything lol So I guess snow globe is ok if it's big enough for everyone to function in it

I can't believe how many people don't see the value of Frost Snow Globe. I play with a grew of 3 other people on the regular and we've ran a plethora of combinations. Bastille inside of Snow Globe is impenetrable for literally every situation. "Forced to use melee weapon"? Lrn2Kite. IN A SLOWING FIELD AS BIG AS THE AREA.

This. This this, this this this this.

tumblr_mi1mc5jkQd1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Turning off one ability on one warframe (especially when it's one of the central abilities of the frame) just because of a few playesr in one mission type is a bad idea. Just bad. It sets an awful precedent. Vauban players learned not to use Vortex, and it still has the same effects. These Frosts, too, will learn when and where to put their balls.