Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey De....want Warframe To Be A Next Generation Title?

Then why not take the lead on implementing a few in-built tools to help shape the Warfame comunity to help stop as much of this as possible: 

It dosn't even have to be anything too drastic. The explicit filter on region chat is nice. And I'm not implying that Warframe players are full of hate and rage. Just that you could go on record as being one of the dev's who actively took their support of the community to the next level. 

Apologies for yet another Extra Credit video, but this is an issue I've wrestled with personally in a lot of other online communities, and while Warframe is yet to become one of those, I think it would be inspired of DE to take a few active steps towards preventing it.

At first I was skeptical about the video, but after a few seconds in I started noticing why you posted it. It is true, Warframe has one (if not THE) best community I've ever seen in online games, and I would dare to say it is because of DE's great communication with users.

If there's a developer-community team that can start something big, it's this one.

Edited by Infinite-FX

thats one of the amazing things about DE. they are taking those active steps.

1. you have to have played the game to an extent to post in the main section of the forums.

2. the explicit filter.

3. clan ranks dictated by owners of the clans.

4. events requiring clan cooperation to achieve high ranks.

5. the ability to /ignore players.

6. active devs asserting and enforcing ToS rules in-game and on forums.

theres more they can (and rest assured) will do to make warframe, and any other game that they create, an amazing community that will be loved for years to come.

I like the explicit language filter.  That said, you can un-censor "screw."  If we're going to talk about "screw" being a dirty word, then i need to talk to you about other words like "pony," "goat," and "spoon."

Good suggestions +1

And I agree that Warframe community isn't nearly as bad as other F2P communities, although there are still lots of trolls and whatnot. I don't really think this is because the devs are awesome or they communicate a lot with their playerbase but rather the fact that it's a cooperative PVE game. I've played tons of online games and speaking from personal experience: competition brings out the worst in people aside from the desperate attention seeking trolls, I mean just look at MOBA games.

The mute thing, rep system and so on, these are all great, but what about those who can troll freely using their warframe powers? Switch teleport is the first that comes to mind, and almost harmless but annoying mines of Vauban that sticks on you... They might be useful in certain situations, but what if I don't want to take part in that considering the majority of players just abuse them instead of being useful? "Play solo"..? Why should I have to?

Edited by CapricaSix